Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MC19 and MC22 - what are the differences?

Bike
    Gone
    Yeah I ended up getting the MC22. Checked the oil etc, it was pretty clear and not mucky so I ended up getting it. The front brakes are good (rear brakes are siezed, no surprises there), oil was pretty clear, fork seals good, no wierd noises from engine (have owned a 400RR before and have a rough idea of what its supposed to sound like!) The radiator fan etc works properly, coolant is nice and green - the only bad thing about it was the super-rough matt black paint.

Bike
    Gone
    So does anyone have any experience with these aftermarket fairing kits with ebay?

I've PMd both Crazefox and Frenchy and no cigar yet

Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
    So does anyone have any experience with these aftermarket fairing kits with ebay?

I've PMd both Crazefox and Frenchy and no cigar yet
    the fairing kits look nice, fit is at about 90%

I have some gloss black side fairings in very good condition - a small scratch and two mounting tabs broken off (but they still mount up very secure)

and the tail section in poor cosmetic condition (needs repaint, no cracks) but structurally fine.

Could sell you the lot for $200

I also have a really good exhaust system which i need to sell, it makes it sound and look amazing while freeing up a lot of hp. (the headers are where Honda restricted the power) - open to offers on this.

I have stacks of parks so if u ever need anything, let me know.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    XT
    Quote Originally Posted by breakaway View Post
    Yeah I ended up getting the MC22. Checked the oil etc, it was pretty clear and not mucky so I ended up getting it. The front brakes are good (rear brakes are siezed, no surprises there), oil was pretty clear, fork seals good, no wierd noises from engine (have owned a 400RR before and have a rough idea of what its supposed to sound like!) The radiator fan etc works properly, coolant is nice and green - the only bad thing about it was the super-rough matt black paint.
    Black "mucky" oil is good.. this means oil is doing what it's supposed to do,, keep the engine clean.. One of the reasons why i use diesel oil

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Do you have a regular mechanic/panelbeater you go to?I took mine to my regular panelbeater I've used over the years and he did a full gloss black paintjob and a couple of plastic welds for 600$ cash :-). Then used aftermarket sticker kit from trademe (you can get others though)...

Bike
    Gone
    No I don't

For the time being I've decided to leave as is, as I'm concerned if I 'do it up' it'll become a target for theft or just vandals. If I decide to sell, I will get fairing from ebay and put it on. However the issue of painting the tank remains...

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    if your fairings are original and not too cracked you would be better off painting them - the ebay ones are cheap, you usually have to adjust the holes, and they scratch easy - plus, yeah, it doesn't include the cost of painting the tank...

Thread Information