Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ohlins 30mm Cartridge Kit

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    No need to shut up Shaun. Even though JT made some valid points so did you. Its interesting that comments made are deficient of practical experience with this system. Yes they could be pressurised but just imagine that given the ''I can do it aproach'' how many would get serviced incorrectly. That is not justification in itself but Ohlins is a very successful company despite all the naysayers.
    Aso know Superbike, 600 and Formula 3 TRI series all used this system, in 25mm guise.
    Rewrite last sentence, all Tri Series champions as listed. Superbike, 600, Formula 3. Note they all used genuine Ohlins pistons and shims.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    Legion
    But with excellent Ohlins backup support and personalised setup they can indeed go faster. It seems many of your countrymen like to discount them around the world but backup is an unknown commodity even in your own country! I know your thoughts on this subject are similiar and very perceptive.
    My countryman just sell them for X amount of dollars. They don't care where you are from, they just want to pay their bills.

We do have one Ohlins retailer that cried like a baby when people all over the forums were buying their shocks offshore for hundreds less. He pushed for Ohlins to tell them to stop selling to people outside their country and pushed for them not to warranty anything in the states. Now years later that same person brags about how much Ohlins product he exports.

Getting back to suspension, it has always been my belief that if you are incapable of doing the work yourself then your best bet is to go with who is going to give you the best level of support.

If Traxxion installed a decent rebound piston in their cartridges theyd work a whole lot better on that score alone, but 20mm is way outdated for ultimate performance. They just dont push enough fluid.
    I am sorry that I did not make my point clear when I mentioned Traxxion's cartridges. It has nothing to do with anything technical. It comes down to pricing. Traxxion sells a drop in cartridge for less than $1k USD and that has set the market value for replacement cartridges at around that price. It doesn't matter if one is better than the other, bike people never have any trouble talking themselves into going with the cheaper of two options.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle Dandy View Post
    It doesn't matter if one is better than the other, bike people never have any trouble talking themselves into going with the cheaper of two options.
    I had NO trouble talking myself out of AK20s and in to Ohlins 25mm cartridges!
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy View Post
    I had NO trouble talking myself out of AK20s and in to Ohlins 25mm cartridges!
    Thats because you're a rich Pilot

Nah they seriously are like night and day when ridden back to back..............comes back to "best ya know"

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.OK View Post
    Thats because you're a rich Pilot

Nah they seriously are like night and day when ridden back to back..............comes back to "best ya know"
    Rich? Top dressing pilots are seriouisly underpaid for the nonsense they have to put up with both above ground and on the ground.
    Tony, the new system works even better, ask Craig Shirriffs for one.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    WR269f, WR450f
    Rich? Top dressing pilots are seriouisly underpaid for the nonsense they have to put up with both above ground and on the ground.
    Tony, the new system works even better, ask Craig Shirriffs for one.
    Top dressing........................thats when they dress up in a skirt and do some powder puffing in the air ain't it?

Ask Craig?......................he'll just say I'm soft and slow for not going faster (he'd be right too).

I'll take your word for it Dr Bob............I'm gettin outta this racin malarky, not enough incoming to cover the outgoing = messed up head!

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.OK View Post
    Top dressing........................thats when they dress up in a skirt and do some powder puffing in the air ain't it?
    We're not ALL honda riders, you know......

I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    Joe2 the ALMIGHTY
    That is EXACTLY what is happening, blowing out old stock. But then you are also buying something that is out of date performance wise.
    if it (25mm) was good enuff for bugden, stroud and the other top guys then its good enuff for me even if it is out of date! lol

for bugger all US$ right now you can get a package deal which is the front 25mm kit and a tts rear! wish i knew this was coming, i just spent A LOT more on local goods.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    I quess in 2months time even the 30mm stuff will be obsolete gear & a newer suspension system will be offered

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    the town bike, everybody's ridden her.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    My observations of the 30mm users at Taupo were that they seemed to perform well!
    Will be interesting to see how they go/feel in a "road" application

Bike
    Legion
    Holy shite, those caps on the Bitubo cartridges have to be worth a second alone.

I don't think anyone would disagree that pressurizing the cartridge is beneficial BUT that is only one piece of the puzzle.

How many national championships did all those companies win in 2009?
    How many lap records did they smash in 2009?

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_chch View Post
    if it (25mm) was good enuff for bugden, stroud and the other top guys then its good enuff for me even if it is out of date! lol

for bugger all US$ right now you can get a package deal which is the front 25mm kit and a tts rear! wish i knew this was coming, i just spent A LOT more on local goods.
    Buying off shore will save you a few dollars it seems, But where off shore can you get the service that CKT offers to there NZ Customers?

You only have to read Yankee's comments about the service industry in the states, bloody shocking!

I have been told by a person I trust, that a basic comp stack up grade modification at the race track can cost you up to $450-00 US$ Blatent rip off that is
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I have been told by a person I trust, that a basic comp stack up grade modification at the race track can cost you up to $450-00 US$ Blatent rip off that is
    For that much I would guess that must include replacing the valves. I have fiddled with about 4 sets of 25mm cartridges, including one for an 08 model bike and yet to see a rebound assembly that uses a mid-valve arrangement.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_chch View Post

Ah yes... but you will only get them "as delivered".
    The springs and valving in my FGK cartridges are ALL different to the "as delivered" spec. RT makes sure they are set up for YOU as part of his service.

Thread Information