Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Ohlins 30mm Cartridge Kit

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I quess in 2months time even the 30mm stuff will be obsolete gear & a newer suspension system will be offered
    Thats pretty cynical Scott! Progress is relentless ( as it jolly well should be ) but not quite at that pace, excepting at the very very sharp end of MotoGP and WSBK. Where also big budgets exist to fund same.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    None
    Then all of the cartridges that you have seen are first generation, all the later model Ohlins cartridges that precede new 30mm used bending shim stack midvalves. We sold out of the first generation ones at least 3 years back and have updated ever since.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy View Post
    Ah yes... but you will only get them "as delivered".
    The springs and valving in my FGK cartridges are ALL different to the "as delivered" spec. RT makes sure they are set up for YOU as part of his service.
    Springs and valving are indeed customised to the individual rider and application. If he / she is dissatisfied we change it until they are. We also do not bastardise with non Ohlins pistons and lower quality valving shims, there is no need.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_chch View Post
    if it (25mm) was good enuff for bugden, stroud and the other top guys then its good enuff for me even if it is out of date! lol

for bugger all US$ right now you can get a package deal which is the front 25mm kit and a tts rear! wish i knew this was coming, i just spent A LOT more on local goods.
    For what model and year of bike?

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    [QUOTE=Robert Taylor;Thats pretty cynical Scott! Progress is relentless ( as it jolly well should be ) but not quite at that pace, excepting at the very very sharp end of MotoGP and WSBK. Where also big budgets exist to fund same.[/QUOTE]

" Cynical " my motive is neither bad or selfish Robert just my own veiw & my opinion . From the rate that you change suspenion spec's from one week to the next , it is fair to say even from what you have done for my Ohlins since I have paid you to change it from one spec to the next as new & better modifiction's have become available .

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    GSXR450
    Had a private joke with some one about suspension yesterday who reads this thread " I won it"
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Had a private joke with some one about suspension yesterday who reads this thread " I won it"
    How the fuck do you win a joke?
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    How the fuck do you win a joke?
    not like he's the competitive type

Bike
    the town bike, everybody's ridden her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    Springs and valving are indeed customised to the individual rider and application. If he / she is dissatisfied we change it until they are. We also do not bastardise with non Ohlins pistons and lower quality valving shims, there is no need.
    Just how bad are these shims? Shim manufacture is not rocket science, Bohler Uddeholm have a vast range of shim steel, as long as you get the correct edge profile your done.

Bike
    Joe2 the ALMIGHTY
    Quote Originally Posted by JD Racing View Post
    Just how bad are these shims? Shim manufacture is not rocket science, Bohler Uddeholm have a vast range of shim steel, as long as you get the correct edge profile your done.
    actually i wanted to ask this, how can shim quality be so different?

Bike
    GSXR450
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcktfsh View Post
    not like he's the competitive type

sez u with a Degree now
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    sez u with a Degree now
    I was as suprised as a very suprised person when i opened up the cereal packet and found it in there.

Bike
    None
    If they turned up at Ohlins they would be rejected by their quality control department ( I have seen this department a number of times and know how it operates ) 100% certainty. They scrutinise incoming parts from sub contractors much more so than many other manufacturers, especially if its a new supplier.
    With shims its not so much a matter of the material it is the cut and finish and as you say edge profile.
    As the approved Ohlins distributor to NZ we are not going to lower our standards to increase profit, simple. Moreover we loyally support our supplier, loyalty is a big thing with some businesses, still.

Bike
    None
    BTW you dont say where you are from?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????
    Im sure more than a few readers would care to confirm your authenticity.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    BTW you dont say where you are from?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????
    Im sure more than a few readers would care to confirm your authenticity.
    Bohler Uddeholm are represented in almost every country except New Zealand or Africa so I'd hazard a 50/50 guess where he's not
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Thread Information