Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ohlins 30mm Cartridge Kit

Bike
    Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Taylor View Post
    BTW you dont say where you are from?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????
    Im sure more than a few readers would care to confirm your authenticity.
    I am still waiting to hear about all the race wins, championships, and lap record set with all those gas charged cartridges that were listed in a previous post.

Just so we are all on the same page, I judge how well things work by lap times. Faster lap times = success. Slower lap times = fail, no matter how cool/trick/awesome/expensive the part(s) are.

Bike
    the town bike, everybody's ridden her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle Dandy View Post
    I am still waiting to hear about all the race wins, championships, and lap record set with all those gas charged cartridges that were listed in a previous post.

Just so we are all on the same page, I judge how well things work by lap times. Faster lap times = success. Slower lap times = fail, no matter how cool/trick/awesome/expensive the part(s) are.
    Yup all those companies are epic fails, sure their CEO's struggle to sleep at night because your not aware of what they do.

Bike
    Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by JD Racing View Post
    Yup all those companies are epic fails, sure their CEO's struggle to sleep at night because your not aware of what they do.
    Their CEO's should struggle to sleep at night due to their epic failure to properly promote their vastly superior gas charged product which has in turn kept them from topping the Fortune 500 list and in turn making Ohlins a thing of the past.

Bike
    GSXR450
    Their CEO's should struggle to sleep at night due to their epic failure to properly promote their vastly superior gas charged product which has in turn kept them from topping the Fortune 500 list and in turn making Ohlins a thing of the past.

Ha ha, it sounds like you are working for CKT now. Nice to see a bit of humor on here some times, instead of the I know more attitude that is appearing a lot lately
    I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots! ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bike
    None
    I know personally which gas cartridges are the best, Ohlins and WP. We have used one of those with race wins lap records and championship but on our tracks and with the limitations of having to use overly flimsy stock outer and inner tubes I would have to say the advantage is minimal if anything. The stock fork outers become the biggest end limitation. Also there are backward looking people in this country who have tried to ban anything aftermarket , thats another issue to contend with.
    Have also tried the Traxxion ones but they are limited by being only 20mm and I wont comment again about the rebound pistons.

Ph: 06 751 2100 * Email: robert@kss.net.nz
    Mob: 021 825 514 * Fax: 06 751 4551

Bike
    Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Ha ha, it sounds like you are working for CKT now.
    Well I could use a job, maybe you could put in a good word.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Nice to see a bit of humor on here some times, instead of the I know more attitude that is appearing a lot lately
    A pressurized system reduces cavitation. Reducing cavitation is good. Just because you pressurize your cartridge doesn't automatically make your system good.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    I see K-Tech in the UK have put out a kit for the GSX-R1000 K9 onwards...
    Converts the BPF to one side comp, one side rebound.
    Looks like this is the new trend
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Pussy View Post
    I see K-Tech in the UK have put out a kit for the GSX-R1000 K9 onwards...
    Converts the BPF to one side comp, one side rebound.
    Looks like this is the new trend
    It isn't a new idea though Marzocchi were doing compression and rebound in different sides back in the mid eighties in the M1R forks
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    07 fz6n. 07cbarrrr600
    Blog Entries
    Would having compression and rebound in one leg only, load up wheel bearing and triple clamps unevenly ?

Probably not enough to be of concern ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    Fkn crack up. Most awkward interviewee ever i reckon haha.

Bike
    None
    With the clamping area and axle sizes in modern bikes no.

Bike
    None
    Well I could use a job, maybe you could put in a good word.

A pressurized system reduces cavitation. Reducing cavitation is good. Just because you pressurize your cartridge doesn't automatically make your system good.
    Exactly. Moreover, Ohlins are likely also mindful of ease of service at racing levels a few steps down off the world stage where not everybody has a paid suspension tuner on their right arm. Gas charged fork cartridges are more complex and time consuming to service, a whole load less idiotproof and require special service tools. Also with more parts and machining processes required the cost is inevitably higher.
    So far the 30mm system shows great promise and we are in the throes of dialing settings for our mix of tracks etc.

Bike
    RSVR-BICILINDRICO
    So how far away are a road base set Robert ?

SENSEI PERFORMANCE TUNING

" QUICKER THAN YOU SLOWER THAN ME "

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    So how far away are a road base set Robert ?
    As time allows to test settings that will likely suit our higher proportion of bumpy roads than the main target markets. When someone buys a set for the road if we can have the bike we will optimise the settings.

Bike
    Legion
    Robert, any idea if/when Ohlins is going to start using this system in their new design R&T forks?

Bike
    None
    Robert, any idea if/when Ohlins is going to start using this system in their new design R&T forks?
    The current setting options for 30mm are realistically all road race and track day specific. A 30mm piston for any given movement displaces about 44% more fluid than in a 25mm system. Here in NZ we are the first distributor racing with these ( pole positions and race wins already ) but as with new stuff we take time to get the feel of it and to find the sweet spot, specific to the idiosyncracies of our own circuits and to the biological component of every bike.
    For now I see Ohlins sticking with the well developed 25mm for their fork units. But 30mm is showing great promise.

Thread Information