Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any fun ideas or advice for this Canadian chica?

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    I will, thanks a lot.
    It's not hard to rip off someone who doesn't know shit about bikes, so I definitely need help if I don't wanna end up fu**ed...

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    yup, I know what you mean. Frosty wouldnt do that tho. It's just not in him to be a prick.
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    Ducati Mostro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratti View Post
    yup, I know what you mean. Frosty wouldnt do that tho. It's just not in him to be a prick.
    Betcha he's glad too Ratti that he's got no prick in him... aye!
    DUCATI ------- A real bike in a sea of shit!

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    Hi Charly.........if you need a hand to look at a bike or pick one up in the greater Auckland area im happy to help...........also i think you can browse trade me without an address so have a look and if you see something you like im registered with them so can help out there too if need be
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    2007 Suzuki GN250,2001 Suzuki Savage 650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charlymelon View Post
    Hi Rayne and everybody,

I am gonna do this kinda thing as soon as I can find a bike to buy (and I don't really know how to do this but will sure manage^^). Hope to be on the roads till july or august.
    Do you have any tips for me considering where NOT to go, what NOT to dop, what NOT to take with me? Any solutions for the baggage 'problem"? I think I should be fine with 2 sets of clothes, sleeping bag and sun glasses^^
    Only take the essentials. What do you think?
    I am in Auckland right now... Anyone who knows about a simple reliable 250 somewhere in the area?

Appreciate any help,
    Charly

PS: Please don't even tell me to look on tradeMe, would have to have a NZ residential adress to sign on there...
    Hey Charly,

I am going to take my cousin out on the bike today as she may want to but it from me. If for some reason she decides that she doesn't want to learn to ride a motorcycle afterall, then I will be selling my GN250 up in Auckland this coming week...I will let you know what happens with it.
    As far as what to bring....definitely a set of tools (my bike has one on it) oil, chain lube, map/tank bag, wet weather gear...computer time is up...I'll be in touch.
    cheers
    rayne

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    Hey everyone,
    thanks for the answers! Thankfully, Danchop made good on his promise to help me find a bike, so we will cruise around some shops tomorrow and I will have another close look on trademe. Yeah, if you wanna sell your bike Rayne, please get back to me, I am open for everything at the moment.

I will let you guts know what happens to me^^

Bike
    2007 Honda CB250F
    Bought a Honda CBF 250 today, so thank you, Rayne, but I dont need a GN =)
    So happy, and so excited!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Cheers mate.....happy to hear you found something...have a wonderful trrip. My cousin is buying my bike, so it's all working out just wonderfully.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Cheers mate.....happy to hear you found something...have a wonderful trrip. My cousin is buying my bike, so it's all working out just wonderfully.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I will, thanks a lot.
    It's not hard to rip off someone who doesn't know shit about bikes, so I definitely need help if I don't wanna end up fu**ed...
    Hey there,

So, I am flying out of Auckland on monday. If you want to hook up on sunday or monday in the morning somewhere in Auckland I can show you some great roads to take, answer any questions you may have....no stress either way...just let me know whatcha think. We could hook up somewhere more central at a cafe or a pub perhaps as I am bikeless as of tomorrow afternoon...sob....gonna miss that wee little 250...

cheers,
    rayne

Bike
    Blog Entries
    To all of you lovely KIWIBIKERS,

I just want to thank all of you who have given me advice, let me crash at your places, gone for drinks or a ride, extended friendship and a helping hand.....you have made my trip such an incredible experience. I have loved getting to know the wonderful people in this country and getting to ride on some of the most incredible roads. I am heading back to Canada on monday...the snow there is gonna melt soon, so I gotta get back to make peoples' gardens beautiful again. Don't be strangers...I would love to hear about the adventures and misadventures you guys get up to...and if any of you ever make it over to Canada drop by and we'll go for a ride...and this time I'll be on a 650cc...so nobody will have to babysit me. hahaha I raise my beer to you all and wish you a wonderful fall and lots more great rides.

cheers,
    rayne

Bike
    BMW F650 Hoonda GB500 KTM525 sixdays
    I enjoyed our little adventures together Rayne- Guess Ive been luckier than most to monopolise you so much. I have such respect for Chicas on GN twofiddys now!
    You had balls on the dessert road- (she was the last vehicle through before they closed the road because of high winds!)
    You had determination climbing over the southern alps- (twice with 30kgs of pack hangin on your back)
    You showed zen-like patience as you beetled along the endless Rye Valley- 80km of fuck all in a long straight with no hills
    You travelled the length and width of our country with no more than the tools that came with the bike and an infectious smile!
    You conquered the Infamous Neavesville Bluff track on your first ever ride on an off road bike.
    You experienced Paeroa street races, Bikers rallies and Dessert Storm -all from the hot seat.
    Everyone who has shared your company has been infected with your STELLAR SMILE and kindness xx
    Retired- just some guy with a few bikes......

Bike
    BMW F650 Hoonda GB500 KTM525 sixdays

Blah

Hey! RoadtripDiva is in print! go get the laters issue of Bike Rider Magazine to read the Day by Day, blow by blow account of Rayne's New Zealand trip last summer!
    The magazine has devoted 6 pages to her story! http://www.bikerider.co.nz/Default.aspx
    Retired- just some guy with a few bikes......

Thread Information