Thread: Head impact and acupuncture

Bike
    pushbike 06 XB12X
    Blog Entries

Blah Head impact and acupuncture

Hi All
    I've only just joined KB but have been riding for a while, something any of you who have or know of someone who has sustained a good bash to the head as a result of a motorcycle accident may be interested to know,, Last friday I came off the Ducati up at twin bridges as a result of gravel on a corner-- I ended up trying to ride through ditch, almost made it if it were not for the culvert at the end-- got thrown onto road, not sure how fast I was going at this stage, landed face first on the tarmac, full face Shark, got knocked out for a bit, anyhow, apart from a few grazes and a broken thumb, I felt relatively ok ( was wearing full protective riding gear), until saturday when I bent down to pick something up , everything started to spin, and I ended up in a heap on the floor, this continued saturday and sunday and by this stage I am not feeling very well at all. Head spins and involuntary visits with the floor were occuring frequently. My girlfriend convinced me to visit the Doctor on monday morning. Which I did. Benign Postural / Positional Vertigo or BPV was the verdict. He is a very good doctor. He said-- BPV can last anything from a few days to a few weeks and in extreme circumstances can last months. If it lasts this long you need to visit a physiotherapist for what is known as spley manouvres. BUT THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO IN THE MEAN TIME.
    So my girlfriend, Physiotherapist and registered acupuncturist says f**k that, come into the practise I can sort that in ten minutes. Three needles at various points in my ear and and dizziness has gone and I no longer have the nausea that went with it. Yes yes I know this is long winded but all motorcyclists that have had a whack to the head need to know there are other alternatives that the doctors will not necessarily tell you about. If I didn't know a Physiotherapist personally I wouls still be grovelling around on the floor with my tongue on the carpet. I hope somebody finds this information relatively useful.
    Herman Jelmet

Bike
    dei imperiale donna
    thanks Herman. Traditional medicines and healings have a lot to offer and are frequently overlooked.

Bike
    A few
    Good post mate will keep it mind (till i forget) haha tongue on the carpet hahahahaha
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
    thanks Herman. Traditional medicines and healings have a lot to offer and are frequently overlooked.
    Agree. My wife used to suffer from migranes, but acupuncture seemed to fix that.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Agree. My wife used to suffer from migranes, but acupuncture seemed to fix that.
    Or you changed your attitude and she wanted you again !!
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    2005 GSXR750
    Thanks for sharing your information. It is nice to hear about a technique or practice that someone has actually tried and found useful.

Bike
    Lil Tricycle
    Yeap agree with you 100% it's not only head injury mate. Most here have been in accidents with broken bones and surgery including myself. The BEST post surgery recovery for me was traditional Chinese and acupuncture.

The guy was a lot more knowledgeable than the 3 other physio/docs I saw in main stream medical practice. Which I was very surprised with. He seemed to have a far better understanding of the anatomy and how it heals.

Bike
    pushbike 06 XB12X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    Good post mate will keep it mind (till i forget) haha tongue on the carpet hahahahaha
    Mate I'm cured totally. Still with the physiotherapist too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Good post - BUT you forgot to tell us how the Ducati is FFS.

Bike
    pushbike 06 XB12X
    Blog Entries
    I rebuilt the Ducati with one hand in plaster. Had the bike back up and running before the plaster came off. Rode it a few times then garaged it until 2016 while I oozed over theXB12X. Hospitalfood then took it home and did what he was good at - fuck the bike looked so good. Sadly hospitalfood passed away last July.

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jelmet View Post
    Mate I'm cured totally. Still with the physiotherapist too!

I'd be concerned with the duration it took you to recover ... don't bang your head !

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    pushbike 06 XB12X
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    I'd be concerned with the duration it took you to recover ... don't bang your head !
    My thoughts exactly. Bang the physiotherapist instead!

Thread Information