Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1-Piece Suit?

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasievil View Post

youre 2 hours into a ride, its hot you want to get of the bike and get cool ,get a drink and chillax, you pull in to a cafe and take your one piece off or try, it gets caught on your shoulders so you wave your arms around to get them off and after all that youre even hotter!! so now they are off you walk to the cafe, your one piece wants to fall off and expose your arse you try and hold it all up but holding your gloves and helmet as well makes it diffulcult, but you cope.........youre even hotter you get to the cafe with your leather swinging every where knocking shit off the shelves etc

Get my drift?
    That is one scenario.... Another is this.

You are riding down the road in your "One Piece" and then all of a sudden for whatever reason you are not!

You get up and look at the bike, and then realise your shoulder, or other part of your upper body hurts like nothing you have ever felt before (or have you?).
    Anyhow Paramedics arrive, and they have no choice but to cut your suit off you.....

Else, with a two piece there is a chance you will be able to unzip the jacket off the pants, and simply remove the jacket.... Well, there is a better chance anyway... (Yes, I know this from experience, but it was a track)

As for the Excercise Route... Yes, been there, and done that too... Cost the best part of 3k, but I feel much healthier... and I don't have to buy MORE POWER just yet

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty595 View Post
    Hey,

I am looking at getting a one piece suit for myself. Just interested in other peoples feedback on different brands/companies etc. Am after something reasonable comfortable. I'm not looking at spending a shitload on it but would pay more if needed to get good quality/comfort.

Anyone had experience with the 1tonne suits?
    Hi.

Check out http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ghlight=1tonne

This thread was written about our budget $385.00 suits. Our $700.00 suits are about 4 times better.
    Shaun Harris saw our suits and he was very impressed. This is what he said "I would have happily raced in your leathers if I was going to carry on mate, the quality that you showed me of your product at Wanganui on boxing day when we had our meeting was very good I thought. I am not a leather design man, but have worn all brands from Kushitani to Daianese + some more, and what you showed me impressed me.". Shaun knows his stuff too.

Another person that is on here who wears our suit is Racerhead. PM him and he will give you an overview.

In my opinion, these are the best value for money suits in NZ.

Cheers.

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    IXON is my choice man. From all the leading brands, it is the best fit. French design. And doesnt brake the bank. I got mine from Cycletreads and is the best piece of protection equipment Ive got, and If I had to go back and choose again, I'd choose IXON again.
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    Sonic the Second (II)
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    That is one scenario.... Another is this.

You are riding down the road in your "One Piece" and then all of a sudden for whatever reason you are not!

You get up and look at the bike, and then realise your shoulder, or other part of your upper body hurts like nothing you have ever felt before (or have you?).
    Anyhow Paramedics arrive, and they have no choice but to cut your suit off you.....

Else, with a two piece there is a chance you will be able to unzip the jacket off the pants, and simply remove the jacket.... Well, there is a better chance anyway... (Yes, I know this from experience, but it was a track)
    Oh snap, very good point. Totally didn't think of this. I was in a 2 piece. Broken pelvis so no way in hell I was gonna take the pants off. They had to cut them off in 2 pieces (...4-piece suit now). Broke my hand as well but managed to slip the jacket off. I would have been killing myself to try and slip a 1-piece off.

Bike
    Thinking
    Ambos usually just get the scissors out and start at the bottom till they get to the top, assuming you are still on the ground wearing the gear.
    Trouble is hidden injuries and potential internal injuries, they wont risk it, scissors here we come !!

So if ya crash take all your gear off if you can !!
    Ive run out of fucks to give

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSXR-750
    Ambos usually just get the scissors out and start at the bottom till they get to the top, assuming you are still on the ground wearing the gear.
    Trouble is hidden injuries and potential internal injuries, they wont risk it, scissors here we come !!

So if ya crash take all your gear off if you can !!
    Damn butchers. How could they ruin all that beautiful leather and not feel bad about it?
    My posts look empty without a signature.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty595 View Post
    Damn butchers. How could they ruin all that beautiful leather and not feel bad about it?
    it can be fixed.Leda Leathers just altered my jacket that they made me many moons ago.Unless i knew what he had doone you would be hard pressed to see the alteration.The jacket has inexpecibably shrunk

Bike
    Nil
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTO View Post
    IXON is my choice man. From all the leading brands, it is the best fit. French design. And doesnt brake the bank. I got mine from Cycletreads and is the best piece of protection equipment Ive got, and If I had to go back and choose again, I'd choose IXON again.
    My thoughts exactly.
    It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

Bike
    Thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by TOTO View Post
    IXON is my choice man. .
    Quote Originally Posted by h211 View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    Im not being a smart arse here, but what is the stitching method for the suits of interest to you

Bike
    Nil
    All I know is my Galactica is triple stitched and for $750 I thought it was a steal (considering I looked around and could only find jackets alone for about that price).

Bike
    Thinking
    Excellent !!!
    good work looking and making a decision on spec!

Bike
    Nil
    Lol... obviously not a walking dictionary on this subject but I did know a little and researched more that I have let on. You pay for what you get and im very happy with my purchase as I was never going to pay upwards of $1500.

Bike
    2008 Suzuki GSXR-750
    Excellent !!!
    good work looking and making a decision on spec!
    If I had the $$$ first thing I would do is come and get one of your suits they look the excellent.

Will just have to see how I go on deciding whether it is worth getting a 1 piece.
    My posts look empty without a signature.

Thread Information