Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Womens Libs!!

Bike
    Super Adventure 1290s, Bonnie T214
    Culturally insensitive my arse!

Apart from the written take on a Samoan accent there's nothing racially motivated in that whatsoever. Or am I blind (no pun intended) and missing a hidden theme there.

Tell you what - on behalf of the people in Wales change the nationality of the last lady to talk to being a Welsh lass. Ms Biff said it was ok too.
    This weeks international insult is in Malayalam:

Thavalayolee
    You Frog Fucker

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    Actually, am I the only one who finds this culturally insensitive?

Shame on you guys, it's not funny.
    Right on. Not being a prude hear but wifebeating jokes don't seem funny. Not since I saw the result of one womans face years ago when I worked in A&E as a hospital orderlie.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder
    Right on. Not being a prude hear but wifebeating jokes don't seem funny. Not since I saw the result of one womans face years ago when I worked in A&E as a hospital orderlie.

Skyryder
    Actually when you say that when I was in hospital, for the few hours I was awake there were 2 incidents involving husband and wife, the cops hadto come because one of the guys was being a dick and threatening the nurses - wish I could have gotten up there was a nice pile of needles next to my bed he could have had in the eye.

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Biff Baff
    Culturally insensitive my arse!

Apart from the written take on a Samoan accent there's nothing racially motivated in that whatsoever. Or am I blind (no pun intended) and missing a hidden theme there.

Tell you what - on behalf of the people in Wales change the nationality of the last lady to talk to being a Welsh lass. Ms Biff said it was ok too.

I agree I did not see any culture insensitivity either. Nothing funny about wife beating jokes no matter what nationality.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Super Adventure 1290s, Bonnie T214
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyryder
    I agree I did not see any culture insensitivity either. Nothing funny about wife beating jokes no matter what nationality.

Skyryder
    Shit!

I didn't see (no pun again) that in the joke!! Seriously!
    Not a funny joke. Having been on the receiving end of a psycho bitch in the past.

Biff crawls back under his stone.
    This weeks international insult is in Malayalam:

Thavalayolee
    You Frog Fucker

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All
    This world is getting way too PC. If we can't laugh at ourselves, what have we got...

Wife beating (or husband for that matter) is not funny, no shit!
    Racism is not funny, again, this is obvious.
    It is however a joke. If it was told by a comedian on stage (even better, a Samoan comedian) it would be funny as heck. Laughing at something does not imply that you condone the subject of the humour.

Bike
    justsomebike
    ohh...... .... so that's what it meant...

thats a pretty shit joke then.....

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneChucker
    This world is getting way too PC. If we can't laugh at ourselves, what have we got...
    Large bottles of Pimms...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneChucker

Wife beating (or husband for that matter) is not funny, no shit!
    Racism is not funny, again, this is obvious.
    It is however a joke. If it was told by a comedian on stage (even better, a Samoan comedian) it would be funny as heck. Laughing at something does not imply that you condone the subject of the humour.

I think most of us can laugh at ourselves. Hell we take the piss out of each other often enough. Humour is one of those debatable subjects that is almost impossiable to define with any clarity. What is funny to some is offensive to others.

Jokes that convey and element of violence fall into two kinds self inflicted (slapstick) sometimes with the aid of a partner, and bullying where one dominates the other. Wife beating jokes definately fall into the realm of bullying.

Your last sentance where you state 'laughing at something does not imply that you condone the subject of the humour,' raises an interesting point.

That one does not condon the subject matter, but finds it humourous, suggests that one has some sympathy towards the subject matter, otherwise the joke would be tastless.

Skyryder
    Free Scott Watson.

Bike
    Buell XB12X Ulysses
    Blog Entries
    Bwahahahhaha....
    "Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed..."
    - Page 14 of the Buell Owners Manual

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Well isn't this a thread for the intellectual, I want to say something anyway.

Cops joke about the shit they see, does that mean they condone what has happened? Doctors laugh at what patients have done to themselves, yet they fix em up as best they can. We do these things because it is real, we are all in danger of similar shit, and if we dont put on the bravardo, and have giggle, instead we talk about it, and educate ourselves about it, it is just something else to play on our minds.
    Who the hell needs something else to remind them of their mortality, who wants some more stress in their lives, you can shove the stomach ulser up your arse!
    Laugh on, live without fear, and for fuck sake, LIGHTEN UP!!!

Thread Information