Thread: Wanted - English manual for SG350 Goose

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird

Wanted - English manual for SG350 Goose

I bought a new Suzuki SG350 Goose last month but the two manuals that came with it are both in Japanese - totally! All kanji (the characters) so nothing I can look up in a dictionary!

Has anyone ever seen an English version? If so, I'd be interested in buying one or at least borrowing it to get photocopied.

The weird thing is, the pictures of things like the fuel tap have 'fuel' etc. written in English - it's just all the instructions are in Japanese and I doubt my time at karate would equip me to decipher it!
    Yes, I am pedantic about spelling and grammar so get used to it!

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    Who did you buy it off? If it was a Suzuki dealer, give them a call & request that they source you the relevant books.

Reply here if you didn't buy it from a dealer, as I work at the Suzuki dealership in Mount Maunganui.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Hi Slim, I got it off Bike Force in Rotorua and it was all they had. I contacted Suzuki NZ today and got a reply back saying that all the manuals were in Japanese as the bikes were made for the domestic market, but they were sending me a copy of the service data they had translated into English, so anything is better than nothing!

Even my RG150 came with an English manual, if you count "deprese gear shilt etever frocatully" (in the 'how to change gear' section) as English!

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    Cool. I'm glad you got something sorted out. Better hit the net & do some serious surfing & see if you can come up with anything else. Good luck.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    1963 Ford Thunderbird
    Talk about quick service, in the mail this morning was the info from Suzuki as promised by Rochelle. Excellent considering I only contacted them yesterday and we are on rural delivery! All the technical specs required by said husband are there - valve clearances, oil level, etc., so all that's missing is the guff you normally get in a manual about 'how to ride'.

You'd think someone would have thought to send a copy to all dealers with every bike they bought, wouldn't you? It's the kind of information most people would want to know and it's only about five or six pages.

Thread Information