Page 259 of 379 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by xXGIBBOXx View Post
    I don't mind slow drivers ,But when they are doing 70 in a 100 zone and won't move to let me passed grrrrrr . And yeah traffic coming the other way and my little horse needs a run up to pass
    Same as you regarding slow drivers, women mostly .

If your horse needs a run up, I need the whole of a downhill run just to get level. I do remember passing someone .... once.
    Last edited by eldog; 8th December 2014 at 21:46. Reason: spell checker

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Same as you reaging slow drivers, women mostly .

If your horse needs a run up, I need the whole of a downhill run just to get level. I do remember passing someone .... once.
    Scorpios dont look slow to me. Maybe some more revs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9HbZf4alMg

Bike
    18 Triumph Street twin
    Damn that looks fun ! Close balls out racing

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Scorpios dont look slow to me. Maybe some more revs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9HbZf4alMg
    Seems to have a large amount of dead weight attached to the top of the bike. Remove that and who knows.

Maybe I should get it into racing trim and remove some lights, the dead weight, reduce the fuel tank by half, reduce the seat, remove the mudguards etc

reduce the rear sprocket size or two, remove the chrome bits and only have a rev counter, only indicate with my finger like all the other riders.

Widen the handle bars, remove the centre stand, paint it Italian Red (it will go faster automatically)

then

Would almost have the performance of a 650 single.

Just looked at video, thats a whole lot of stuff for me to look at. Inspirational. This is the area I am looking at improving next, cornering.

Its the type of track we need. Inside a larger one for bigger bikes or longer tracks.

Maybe like the one in Queenstown?

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2017 Street Triple RS
    It seems the cbr has worse brakes than the zxr, they are pretty spongy compared.

I'm not too worried about rear brake slides, they are quite controllable on a motorbike but it is annoying. I think its due to the tire, the fact I have better pedal leverage on the cbr and the front brake is a lot more progressive.

I was playing around with my braking after the slide, which is when I really noticed how much I have to pull the lever to get the fronts really stopping me.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by bawked View Post
    It seems the cbr has worse brakes than the zxr, they are pretty spongy compared.

I'm not too worried about rear brake slides, they are quite controllable on a motorbike but it is annoying. I think its due to the tire, the fact I have better pedal leverage on the cbr and the front brake is a lot more progressive.

I was playing around with my braking after the slide, which is when I really noticed how much I have to pull the lever to get the fronts really stopping me.
    Ok, I must have misread your original post, thought you were talking about rear wheel slides.
    Had great fun at SASS practising those in the car park.
    Now I am trying to get a better feel for the rear brake pedal - so it doesn't lock up and cornering still eludes me

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by bawked View Post

Make sure the bleed in them is good. If it looks ok then tie the lever back to the bar overnight so any bubbles can rise. When you do that tap the lines with a spanner to give them a hand. Seems to work well.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Make sure the bleed in them is good. If it looks ok then tie the lever back to the bar overnight so any bubbles can rise. When you do that tap the lines with a spanner to give them a hand. Seems to work well.
    If you aren't sure get someone who you can trust to do it, properly. I get brake bleeding by people who do it for a living.

Nothing wrong with Spokes advice he's done it a few times, I am sure.

FYI My relly died following his brakes being incorrectly adjusted at a workshop (that's what I'm told) and that's a major reason why the delay in motorcycle activity for my whole life and since my little incident.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    2011, Kawasaki Vulcan VN900 Classic
    Sorry guys. I can't make it tonight. See you all next week.
    VN 900 Classic- STOCK!!!!

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    Well, it started hosing down here half an hour ago and if it keeps it up um disinclined to wanna move my couch potato butt from PC range and jump on my butterbean chrome pony. Early finish from work today...woohoo BOSS!! Really enjoying making like a sloth bear...and like being dry and warm.

Bike
    A black one
    I won't be there either tonight sorry. Cya next week.

Bike
    Honda CBR 600, Harley 1200 Custom
    What is about the younger generations???
    A little bit of water, not even raining.
    Back in my day, when I had to ride the horse to school, there was never any discussion about staying in. I am not sure if raincoats were even invented way back then.

Well, I will be at the start point with my current horse, even though it really is a tractor.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sis View Post
    What is about the younger generations???
    A little bit of water, not even raining.
    Back in my day, when I had to ride the horse to school, there was never any discussion about staying in. I am not sure if raincoats were even invented way back then.

Well, I will be at the start point with my current horse, even though it really is a tractor.
    You know why I am not there, its to pay for the feed for my horse

ride almost in no matter what the weather and you had a very short horse or was it a pit pony, luxury - we had to walk.

Prefer the Clydesdales and other working horses - magnificent.

You ride a tractor never would have guessed

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    If you aren't sure get someone who you can trust to do it, properly. I get brake bleeding by people who do it for a living.

Nothing wrong with Spokes advice he's done it a few times, I am sure.

FYI My relly died following his brakes being incorrectly adjusted at a workshop (that's what I'm told) and that's a major reason why the delay in motorcycle activity for my whole life and since my little incident.
    Ironically this is why I don't let others do my brakes.
    Brakes are not that complicated a technology unless you have an ABS system. Them I would not touch without tuition.
    If I am going to make a mess up because a bum job was done on my brakes I'd rather it was my fault. To be fair I have departed on a bike with the caliper incorrectly secured once. For about 10 feet before I did my regular test squeeze.
    On the other hand using mechanics I have had a few incidents... usually when the mechanic has gone for smoko right about the time they finished the job on my brakes.
    To date that has been:
    * Brakes not bled after fluid change.
    * Reservoir not secured, levers etc rotate around the bars.
    * Brake pad in crooked, preventing free movement.
    * Shims left out making brakes noisy.
    * Bottom banjo not tightened.

Fortunately only one has resulted in me leaving a mechanics before I noticed. The levers rotating around the bar one. tested fine. Just did not stand up to a full emergency stop... fortunately I managed to gas it around the object of distraction.

Bike
    2017 Street Triple RS
    Yeah, i'll bleed them at some point. Probably this weekend, if i can be bothered.

Not going to be there tonight either, as I just got home from pokeno.

Thread Information