Page 263 of 379 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    XL1200c Sporty HD
    Blog Entries
    A friend mentioned the need for the finest grade steel wool and a little cleaning stuff, apparently ginger scrubbing does the trick and a little easy off but reluctant to try. Will try the butter thing just for the sake of it...Another reason I hate the shopping hubs is cos drivers are angry, frustrated and distracted looking for car parks...and they do some really crazed things in their pursuit of a car park.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Maakz View Post
    A friend mentioned the need for the finest grade steel wool and a little cleaning stuff, apparently ginger scrubbing does the trick and a little easy off but reluctant to try. Will try the butter thing just for the sake of it...Another reason I hate the shopping hubs is cos drivers are angry, frustrated and distracted looking for car parks...and they do some really crazed things in their pursuit of a car park.
    Acetone works but can cause chrome to stain.

Depending how long it has been on there, turtle wax bug and tar remover. Removes tar and rain pants. This may leave a discolouration in the shape of the original mark. If that does not fade after the first ride. It won't on its own. Toothpaste is good here. Small circular motions with just the toothpaste. When it starts to feel gritty wet the cloth and continue.

Still doesn't fade? Autoglym or mothers chrome Polish.
    Small amounts and rub until cloth is black. Stain should be barely there and fade away after a couple or so cleans of your pipes.

Stupid phone / Tapatalk, apologies in advance.

Bike
    CB1300
    If you are going to use steel wool the self sudsing type that look like fibreglass wool. Not the sort that look like Annie's hair.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharry View Post
    No toes have been stepped on!!!!!

SASS is not a Motorcycle Club. It is a mentoring evening for riders.
    Anyone can belong to a motorcycle club and is welcome to come along to SASS or NASS.

I apologise in advance if I have stepped on any toes that are smaller than mine.
    Never said it was a motorcycle club, just stated I was going to join another MC which is different to SASS

Then mentoring is not what i thought it means.
    I am also promoting road awareness - not just riding, awareness about road surfaces and how poor some places are
    1 place last week claimed the life of another biker last week

I wonder if ANYONE is going to standup and get some action on some of the road conditions.
    I have already gotten 1 spot fixed, working on others, what are you doing?

I am also trying to promote awareness about drivers of all types cutting blind corners - what are we bikers going to do about that

and as usual I will get ignored

I know Sis is mentoring, she is doing a fantastic job. I wish I had her balls

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Now for something totally random:
    Question seeking the wisdom of others...anyone been in the situation of lusting after a bigger bike whilst having a perfectly capable bike at home that they still owe money on...currently coveting another shiny pretty thing with torque but question the illogical nature of this unholy fandangle. Um kickin round Aukz over Christmas...so could be up for a pootle depending when etc, that's if you're not adverse to having a tractor ride along.
    Bikes are like being in a candy shop. You always like to have something else, and the range is great.

MY is not a tractor, they are great bikes, so much better than most others

Go for a test ride, take it here you think is the hardest place to ride and see how it performs

Take it back, go back after a month or two, try again

Like buying a house, you don't notice the small niggly things till later

If I had my time again I would be a proud tractor owner.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    thats why you need loud pipes, use them when you need to

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    Triumph Tripple 675 DR 650
    Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Never said it was a motorcycle club, just stated I was going to join another MC which is different to SASS
    Can you please give the meaning for MC when referencing to groups of motorcyclists if it does not mean motorcycle club.

Bike
    Quiet plodder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharry View Post
    Can you please give the meaning for MC when referencing to groups of motorcyclists if it does not mean motorcycle club.
    Mentoring Committee, Motorcycle Collective, the list goes on, they don't have to be clubs, clubs have rules.

SASS doesn't have rules that I know of, just a general understanding.

Is this the only comment you are going to make on what I wrote.
    Do you have anything constructive to say? Its a pity.

I will defend SASS and what it stands for. I think its great

Yeah I think I will join a motorcycle collective which is not a club.

There are plenty of club members dying on our roads currently. You belong to a club don't you?
    I would be scared.

READ AND UDESTAND

Bike
    A black one
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Long ride tomorrow night as we have no balls.

So empty tank and full bladder. Hang on........

If dry we will have an extra observer along.

So chose somewhere to go. Dont leave it to me because I will find the hardest route.
    I'm still anticipating bringing my balls uhthankyou.

Maybe Hunua, Miranda, Kaiaua, Kawakawa ways?

Saw a dashing young fulla speed by on Fri (I recognised ur helmet first and then the sleek silhouette of ur bike) and give an amused Chica a wave-difficulty rating maybe 6...but totally appreciated and tickled to have seen someone...saw Kartik too as I was leaving the car park facility. Och, Some friends and I went for a pootle round the Coro loop Sat-alright, but lots of cages about though. Came back via Miranda, Mangatangi and up through Hunuas. Meh, I can't make tomorrow nights SASS, work Christmas DO and secret Santa.

Now for something totally random:
    Question seeking the wisdom of others...anyone been in the situation of lusting after a bigger bike whilst having a perfectly capable bike at home that they still owe money on...currently coveting another shiny pretty thing with torque but question the illogical nature of this unholy fandangle. Um kickin round Aukz over Christmas...so could be up for a pootle depending when etc, that's if you're not adverse to having a tractor ride along.
    Only a 6? I was banking around a corner dragging knee at the time too! First time I've seen someone from SASS not at SASS and not in bike gear!

I lust after other bikes all the time. I'd loves me a brand new R1 or an S1000RR but pretty sure I'd kill myself on either. Got a few years on a 750 or smaller sized bike before upgrading to the likes of a litre.

When I feel lke I want to upgrade to something else but feel I shouldn't I usually just think about how there are other people out there lusting after what I already have, which makes me feel better about it. A bit sappy, I know, but helps me at least to not get carried away.

Or just follow Rob's advice and go and buy eeet.

Quote Originally Posted by eldog View Post
    Mentoring Committee, Motorcycle Collective, the list goes on, they don't have to be clubs, clubs have rules.

SASS doesn't have rules that I know of, just a general understanding.

Is this the only comment you are going to make on what I wrote.
    Do you have anything constructive to say? Its a pity.

I will defend SASS and what it stands for. I think its great

Yeah I think I will join a motorcycle collective which is not a club.

There are plenty of club members dying on our roads currently. You belong to a club don't you?
    I would be scared.
    Easy eaze! What club/collective/list are you going to be joining instead?

Bike
    A black one
    Oh and I'll be signing up for ART maybe at the end of this week. Gotta wait for payday.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    I'm still anticipating bringing my balls uhthankyou.

Maybe Hunua, Miranda, Kaiaua, Kawakawa ways?

Only a 6? I was banking around a corner dragging knee at the time too! First time I've seen someone from SASS not at SASS and not in bike gear!

I lust after other bikes all the time. I'd loves me a brand new R1 or an S1000RR but pretty sure I'd kill myself on either. Got a few years on a 750 or smaller sized bike before upgrading to the likes of a litre.

When I feel lke I want to upgrade to something else but feel I shouldn't I usually just think about how there are other people out there lusting after what I already have, which makes me feel better about it. A bit sappy, I know, but helps me at least to not get carried away.

Or just follow Rob's advice and go and buy eeet.

Easy eaze! What club/collective/list are you going to be joining instead?
    I lust after a Gixxer 750.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Essential info for the newbies to SASS:
    South Auckland Street Skills or SASS

WHAT: Learning and improving Riding Skills
    WHEN: Tuesday Nights
    WHERE: Meet at Z (ex-Shell) Service Station, Cnr Great South Road and Taka St, TAKANINI (the one with a Burger King)
    WHO: Riders new and old, and anyone getting back into Motorcycling (must be legal & hold a motorcycle license).
    Weather and venue permitting - Heavy Rain may mean that we are watching DVDs. Showers are OK, look on the thread for more up-to-date information.
    Depending on the number of riders and their experience levels, a short ride may be included to practice further skills. If there are enough riders, some nights can be split into two different groups.

Some nights may include:
    Practicing essential skills and techniques in a quiet carpark
    On-the-road practice which may see you doing up to a 1hr - 1 1/2hr ride.

WHY:
    - Practice essential skills for staying alive on the road.
    - Practical help with your riding.
    - Fun times with fellow riders, with great stories and discussions.
    - Build friendships, solicit advice and pick-up riding tips.

MEET at Z station Takanini -----------> before 6.55pm

START ride -----------------------------> 7pm

FINISH ride at ex-Manukau City Council car park for slow-speed safety exercises -----> usually 8pm-8.15pm
    (next to the new Manukau train station & opp. police station)

SOCIAL time @ BRONCOS after car park exercises -----------> 8.45pm-ish

Cost: Nil, nada, zip, zero, nothing... Just your time and attention.

Details of what will be happening each week will be posted on this thread. So kick the tires and light the fires... Let's ride, aSASSins!

Disclaimer:
    The SASS activity is intended to give any riders advice on their riding and to practice their skills in a safe and relaxed environment. The organisers of SASS are NOT responsible for any rider, their machines and/or any persons involved. All people attending SASS do so at their own risk.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    2000 Honda Hornet 600
    Nah, I'm over large CC bikes now...

I am actually lusting for something smaller, like a 600cc or thereabouts. Street Triple, for example... Or an FZ6/XJ6, MT-07, GSR 600... And older bikes too, like the Yamaha Thundercat 600. (Still like me dem older bikes...)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behaviour does.

Bike
    A black one
    I'll give you a ride on mine sometime. I don't think you'll be that impressed after the torque of your VTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigadee View Post
    Nah, I'm over large CC bikes now...

I am actually lusting for something smaller, like a 600cc or thereabouts. Street Triple, for example... Or an FZ6/XJ6, MT-07, GSR 600... And older bikes too, like the Yamaha Thundercat 600. (Still like me dem older bikes...)
    I quite like the look of the naked FZ6s. Street Triples are tasty too, but I'd be worried about their reliability. Can't go wrong with Japanese?

You coming to SASS tonight, Tig?

This will be my last one before Xmas. I've got my work do on next week so will be in no condition to ride a motorcycle at any point during that day.

Bike
    CB1300

South Auckland Street Skills

If I fit it, I'd rather one of these over the a 1000. They handle much nicer and there is not enough performance differential to notice on the road or the track unless you are actually racing. Even then at a track like Ruapuna you could give the litre boys a fright.

I would need to lose 40kgs and get bike fit.

Thread Information