Page 2 of 379 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    suzuki GS500
    i am interested as well where exactly is the papakura service centre?
    BTW the Bog was closed until further notice this thursday which is ashame as it looked like a good venue
    The project bike builders motto: The perfect is the enemy of the good

GS 500 page includes wiki : http://www.gstwin.com/

Bike
    Honda,Black,Shadow 750
    Quote Originally Posted by birdhandler View Post
    BTW the Bog was closed until further notice this thursday which is ashame as it looked like a good venue
    Papakura Cervice Centre is the BP on the southern Motorway. Sis can confirm when she is back from holiday,
    Regards Richard
    Growing old is mandatory Growing up is purely optional
    Retired teenager

Bike
    L0 GSXR-R 1000 #87
    Whats to confirm? The Papakura BP also known as the Autobahn is located on SH 1 going south take the exit "after" Papakura, it is sign posted by Gas Station and Mac Donalds signs. Hard to miss. Whether this is the place we are meeting or not I don't know, but that's Papakuras biggest service station.

Bike
    suzuki GS500
    I thouight that was where you meant but just wanted to be sure
    Thanks for clarifying
    Cheers
    The project bike builders motto: The perfect is the enemy of the good

GS 500 page includes wiki : http://www.gstwin.com/

Bike
    Honda CBR 600, Harley 1200 Custom

I'm Back!

Thanks for letting me know about The Bog. Shame but there are other places in the near vicinty so I can't see a problem.

Now that I am back from holiday, I am keen to get SASS started.

See you on Wednesday.

Bike
    OK so we are on for tomorrow night!

Just got back from checking out the roads. Planning on taking it easy for the first night and just doing a little back road near Clevedon. I reckon that eventually we will do quite a bit of the infamous roads around Clevedon such as Ponga, Skyhigh and Twilight but that's in the future - something to look forward to.

We should be at the carpark on WiriStation Road, directly opposite the Police Station about 7.30 or later. So if you don't want to do the ride, we will catch ya at the car park.

Also checked out The Bog and yes it is locked up! Thanks for the heads up Birdhandler. Had a look around the Manukau Centre and the Republic looks good. we can park our bikes with in sight. It is around the back, beside Nandos, I think, and near the movie entrance.
    If we try it and it's not so good, we will try something else another time. Taking that thought further, it could become a version of a pub crawl. But of course we don't drink so we would have to call it something else.

Looking forward to meeting you all

Bike

Sorry

So keen, I forgot to confirm that it is the Service Centre between Papakura and Drury and only accessable when you are travelling South Bound on the Southern Motorway.
    There is an Autobahn there but there is also another Autobahn at Bombay. As I can get confused real easy, I keep referring to either Papakura or Bombay Service Centre, and not Autobahn. So it is the PAPAKURA Service Centre that we will start from.
    I will try and park outside the Autobahn (depends on space).

Bike
    zx12
    Gah, my rear brake line burst yesterday, mechanic is fitting a new braided line today. Hopefully I'll have it back this arvo to come to SASS

Bike
    2010 CB600, 2007 ZX14
    Republic is quite a nice place (for Manukau especially!)
    Not sure if I can make it due to work hours but hopefully I can come along for some sprucing up one night.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopperus View Post
    Gah, my rear brake line burst yesterday, mechanic is fitting a new braided line today. Hopefully I'll have it back this arvo to come to SASS
    Glad you could make it after all.
    We certainly gave your brakes a bit of a workout too.

We did Twilgiht Roaad tonight and found that we were a bit late in getting to the carpark. So we will have to say that we will get to the park about 7.45-8 pm.

Then we had Mike pop over and have a brief chat before he was back to work, sorting out the cleaners at the Council.

Bikes bring out the bikers no matter where you are.

I liked the Republic. First time i have been there. Not surprising really , for some one who doesn't drink

Bike
    zx12
    Thanks for that Jane. Was bloody good to get into some fun training and garner some free advice too.

The location is pretty good and Republik is a very nice bar (for Manukau)

Izabelle and I will definitely meet up again for SASS next Wednesday.

Bike
    Just bumping this back to the front, so that it reminds those who are interested.
    See you Wednesday

Bike
    R1 2003 & ST1100 1998
    Quote Originally Posted by Sis View Post
    Just bumping this back to the front, so that it reminds those who are interested.
    See you Wednesday
    So Sis you doing SASS every day 7 days/week for rest of the year till 16 December. Looking at calendar is on today, and every day, and today is not Wednesday. So I see you and your hubby are mentoring with Ulysses, so are you going to ride like them, bugger that. Well done .
    O and other thing you saying it is all pay by ACC, so if you doing this every day, you are like full time employee for ACC. It is about time for someone to get some back from ACC, is that what you and Ulysses are up to? I'm just curious.

Din
    Life is not mesured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Not only is he "Just curious" he's also INCOGNITO , least he was when i last looked, sposed to be in Oz Tralia.
    Sis , as soon as the wife gets her bike back her and I will be along, sounds like a damn fine idea and a great contribution from you and yours.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    Thanks for the Heads Up about the event listed on the calendar

Don't know what is happening with it.

I have deleted it off the calendar for now, tried to put in a new event on a weekly basis but it still came on as daily.

Got myself a bourbon .and will have another go soon.

As to being paid for doing this. Nah, voluntary.

Been riding bikes for about 40 years (off and on - mixed in with raising Family) and I was self-taught. We had no training available back in those days. I was given the opportunity thru ACC and Ulysses to be trained as a mentor and I have taken full advantage of it. Now I want to pass on the knowledge so that we can all enjoy our bikes and avoid the hazards out there.

Edit: It's on the calendar correctly now. Amazing what one can achieve after a bourbon.

Thread Information