Page 364 of 379 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 5676

Thread: South Auckland Street Skills

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    You will find that adventure riders do differ, and due to riding off/road / gravel, will push the bike down while staying on the high side (even on the road). I know I tend to do that, also makes a big difference in slow speed work, bike is too big to lean with it, need to get it on it's side beneath you
    At any sort of speed offroad or on gravel I would agree. I do it in the dirt. And also started doing it for low speed on the 1250. But only walking pace stuff.

Bike
    gsx250
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    At any sort of speed offroad or on gravel I would agree. I do it in the dirt. And also started doing it for low speed on the 1250. But only walking pace stuff.
    What other words of wisdom do you have for the average commuter weekend country rider.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by jafagsx250 View Post
    What other words of wisdom do you have for the average commuter weekend country rider.
    Dont fall off, it hurts.

Bike
    gsx250
    Dont fall off, it hurts.
    Already learnt that the hard way haha.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Already learnt that the hard way haha.
    If you are open to training, get the best you can. Long term it saves on the body and the bikes.

Bike
    gsx250
    If you are open to training, get the best you can. Long term it saves on the body and the bikes.
    I did a bronze course when I first started riding. I'm planning on booking a silver closer to my full license test. And gold afterwards. Not really sure who's good to go for single training.

If I had a sports bike I'd like to do a track day.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I did a bronze course when I first started riding. I'm planning on booking a silver closer to my full license test. And gold afterwards. Not really sure who's good to go for single training.

If I had a sports bike I'd like to do a track day.
    Phillip from Riderskills is the one I recommend. http://www.riderskills.co.nz/

Dont need a sports bike to do track days. Anything in decent condition will more than do for the novice sections.

Bike
    gsx250
    Phillip from Riderskills is the one I recommend. http://www.riderskills.co.nz/

Dont need a sports bike to do track days. Anything in decent condition will more than do for the novice sections.
    Pretty sure that I did my basic handling test with them. They were good guys.

Even a hyosung?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Pretty sure that I did my basic handling test with them. They were good guys.

Even a hyosung?
    They race Hyosungs.

Bike
    gsx250
    They race Hyosungs.

Is the hyosung cup any good? Would be quite cheap to get into with some of the de registered gt250r floating around but I'd imagine that you would have to spend a bit to be competitive?

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR

Is the hyosung cup any good? Would be quite cheap to get into with some of the de registered gt250r floating around but I'd imagine that you would have to spend a bit to be competitive?
    Try a track day first. A few with training going on. One on the 14th done by Passmasters which Im doing.

Bike
    gsx250
    Try a track day first. A few with training going on. One on the 14th done by Passmasters which Im doing.
    I wasn't planning on getting into it. I only have a bike and no way of getting a track bike to Hamptons down.

How much would something like that cost?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Bike
    BMW F 650GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    You will find that adventure riders do differ, and due to riding off/road / gravel, will push the bike down while staying on the high side (even on the road). I know I tend to do that, also makes a big difference in slow speed work, bike is too big to lean with it, need to get it on it's side beneath you
    don't know if its the same, the Photo spokes has is either a bad habit, or inexperienced rider,
    usually on a banked corner Some, (not All) ADV riders will pop out a leg, MX style, if the bikes that low, push out the rear wheel and steer with the throttle, thats not usually how we ride on the road,
    although we do mix between counter lean and counter steer, we (ADV riders) are usually on bikes that are set up for riding over obstacles as high off the level ground as our axles,so were higher up in seat position, unlike a street bike, chopper or rolling couch,we have weight in different places on the bike, and usually don't have street tyres, so we mix it up between counter lean and counter balance.
    the tough bit is picking the right method to use at the appropriate time, and to not just ride one style.... or at a speed that requires 1000% attention, skill and ability 100% of the ride....

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    I wasn't planning on getting into it. I only have a bike and no way of getting a track bike to Hamptons down.

How much would something like that cost?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    From $150 to $200 as a rule. Not cheap but an awful lot of fun.

https://www.facebook.com/passmasters...56573754385105

Bike
    gsx250
    From $150 to $200 as a rule. Not cheap but an awful lot of fun.

https://www.facebook.com/passmasters...56573754385105
    Not something that I can afford to do regularly but I would imagine it helps your riding a hell of a lot.

Thread Information