Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki Bandit 250 Solution

Bike
    2003, CBR600RR

Suzuki Bandit 250 Solution

Hi Guys,

Just thought i would post my problems with my Bandit 250 and the solution as there has been a few threads.

My Bandit 250 1995 has been bogging down when trying to take off at lights and then all of a sudden giving me
    all my revs back. Was running really really rich and fouling up the plugs, black soot on the exhaust and not giving me any revs past 10k.

I took it to my local mechanic who said there was F all compression and it would need a rebuild but got it going as best he could. Picked it up and it was crap! it was worse then when i had droppped it off. Luckily he only charged me for a carby kit cause he gave up after a week and a half.

So i went to ride it to work and it crapped out completeley and had to push it home 3.9 kms partially because im to tight to get a trailor and partialy cause im fat and need some exercise.

Anyway after calling around and hunting all the message boards i finally got a hold of a guy in Queen Street Chris at Queen Street motorcycles. He knew exactly what i was talking about and said he had fixed heaps of them. Told me that they wear out like anything else and unless you want to spend 2k on a new one he has a fix.

Took it into him and by the next morning i had a text saying its ready to pick up. Service couldnt have been better. I picked up the bike we had a chat and he said text me when you get home and let me know how it goes. Simple thing to say but to me that means hes happy with his work.

Anyway to cut a long story short bike runs mint the service was great and no more f'ing around with mechincs who are not used to these bikes. He did charge just over $400 but that would have easily covered a few hours labour and small parts and said this will fix it for a couple of years which is good enough until i get my full.

You can get him on 027 323 6205

Now i can join a few group rides and get back to acually riding.

Bike
    06 Suzuki GSR600
    So what was the problem?

Bike
    Arse Bandit
    Yeah - is it still running rich and sooty? Mine does - albeit without the lack of power past 10k RPM and I'm wondering if this is the guy to solve me problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    if you have a face afterwards well... that depends how you act...

Bike
    2003, CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Logpot View Post
    So what was the problem?
    The exact problem im not sure im not a mechanic i guess thats how he makes his money. All i know is i didnt have to stuff around anymore and his fix would last a few years.

The location of the problem was however in the carbs not Valves, cylinders, electrics or spark plugs.

Bike
    2003, CBR600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by SPORK View Post
    Yeah - is it still running rich and sooty? Mine does - albeit without the lack of power past 10k RPM and I'm wondering if this is the guy to solve me problems.
    Nope not sooty or rich anymore. Runs like a dream. He said the VVT in mine isnit working which usually clicks in at 10k. Before i gave it to him my bike wouldnt rev past 10 - 11K without splutting. Now it going past this point but i only got it back yesterday so will let you know the full performance after the next sunny weekend.

Bike
    06 Suzuki GSR600
    There was another guy on here who was having similar problems with his Bandit - sounds like the motorcycle doctors got his up and running again.

Bike
    2003, CBR600RR
    Yep i did see that post. Guess now there is one central and one over the shore.

Bike
    1970 Vespa ss90
    Quote Originally Posted by Logpot View Post
    So what was the problem?
    The problem with some IL4 250's (the main culprits are Suzuki (gsx-r-250, bandit etc) and Yamaha FZR250 (mainly the later ones), and occasionally the high km ZXR250's is the emulsion tubes and slide needles wearing prematurely and simply providing too much fuel.

One fix is to replace the emulsion tubes and needles with OEM items, or, replace the needles only, and make up a set of stainless steel emulsion tubes (requires an expert operator and a good lathe, as accuracy is all important)

If anyone want's that done, I know you can contact Ian at "just motorcycles" in Christchurch, his online name here is R1_madness

Oh, the reasonn the earlier FZR250's didn't do it is the fact that they all had round slide carbs, the later (plastic) D slided carbs for most 250's rattle round in the slide body, putting uneven pressure on the slide needles.

This is pretty well known in experienced grey import workshops.

Bike
    1992 suzuki bandit 250
    mine is doing the same its a 92 bandit done 24k. just ran like crap one day so puled the carbs apart and cleaned the jets and bowls out. but stiil have the same problem bogging down, wont idle, HELP..... im hanging to go for a ride again. any solutions or anyone got a good set of carbs for sale that i can throw on.

Bike
    66 bone bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    mine is doing the same its a 92 bandit done 24k. just ran like crap one day so puled the carbs apart and cleaned the jets and bowls out. but stiil have the same problem bogging down, wont idle, HELP..... im hanging to go for a ride again. any solutions or anyone got a good set of carbs for sale that i can throw on.
    replace the emulsion tubes and needles with OEM items

Bike
    '95 Bandit 250
    Blog Entries
    Well thats strange.. My bandit doesnt bog down at all, Yet i need half throttle to start it up in the mornings and after being sat for a while.. After careful consideration, And the help of KB members, i have diagnosed it as flooding when starting. Also, It has black soot on the exhaust.. So running rich is also a problem i take it?
    The only stupid question is a question not asked!

Bike
    MT09 Tracer
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Yor Bandit likes to be close to you - and you're suffocating it!
    Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow aren’t just the 4 cycles of an engine

Bike
    Its yellow. Sometimes a green one
    Blog Entries
    The problem is worn out emulsion tubes and needles. We replace them in bandits all the time. Send me your carbs and i will return them repaired and then the bike will be running sweetly. Takes about a week to get the parts in and yes about $400 sounds right. Its the only fix for them but once its done they are fine.

Bike
    1992 suzuki bandit 250
    any idea on where i can get the oem slides and needles? i can replace them my self as i have bit of experience doing this sort of stuff i just needed the diagnosis.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    Talk to Riffer. He did that job on his RF900.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Thread Information