Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucket lap records

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyracer View Post
    i know that, i did say "most", but the JCR bikes are heavily modded, the fxr's are pretty standard.
    Mate, maybe MAYBE one or two at best are not modded . That has always been the case and always will be.
    Last edited by Virago; 27th January 2010 at 17:20. Reason: HTML

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Have to agree here. How many FXRs at Mt Welly still have the stock pipe and carb? not many at a guess. I know of at least one that has had serious work done.

Bike
    cbr,streetstocker
    gavin's bike is pretty modded, i know that. Id love to know all the stuff thats been done to the JCR bikes......man they go.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    A guide to the general principles for increasing the performance of modern engines.

Fundamentally there is a simple rule about getting more performance out of a piston engine. Get it to consume more air (with the right amount of fuel) and it will deliver more performance. More air consumed per cycle will benefit torque, whereas more air in unit time will benefit power. Increasing just air or just fuel rarely achieves much unless the manufacturer got things badly wrong, which is rare. The ratio of fuel to air must remain in the right proportions for proper combustion although some over-richness at full throttle is quite usual as a means of lessening thermal loads on the engine (and catalyst). This may sometimes permit a slight increase in airflow alone to produce a small performance gain.

Those who think that hotter cams are always a good thing should take note - unless they intend to go on the race track. Although the surge as a hot cam starts to work might feel impressive it can be illusory because the torque is just climbing back to where it should have been all along.

This is all quite fortunate because it means that the starting point for more performance is relatively easy and inexpensive and there is no need to do things like swapping cylinder heads. Upgrading the induction, fuel and exhaust systems undoubtedly gives the most performance gain for the money spent. This is true even for racing although for such purposes we offer similar conversions with more bias towards high engine speeds.

Read it all here:- http://www.jagweb.com/aj6eng/technics.php

Bike
    2005 Firestorm
    Blog Entries
    Cliffhanger record on a bucket. Sully60 and The Sled...3.40..............MINS

Bike
    RS50, RS80, RMZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumba View Post
    Dave Diprose would be the man to talk ti in Auckland (and probally for quite a few other places as well). I am sure I heard he had records going back 15 years.
    A rather late response sorry, but I actually have records going back to the first bucket GPs (1982). They are in Excel spreadsheet form but I could email to anybody interested if they provide contact details. I have fairly complete results of all national bucket GPs & the AMCC 2 hour races.

To me lap records have to be official - i.e. timed by the race organisers, not your best mate. There are accurate lap times available for the last 2 Taupo GPs & I have records of AMCC superpole times from when the GPs were held there & from all 2-hour races.

Here are the official superpole records for Mt Wellington (C = clockwise; AC = anticlockwise):
    09 2H AC 29.94 Hayden Fitzgerald
    08 2H C 30.64 Tim Fraser GP AC 30.1 Karl Morgan
    07 2H AC 29.6 Nigel Duff GP C 29.48 Nigel Duff
    06 2H C 30.8 Garry Cunningham GP AC 30.08 Nigel Duff
    05 2H AC 29.79 Nigel Duff GP C 30.59 Karl Morgan
    04 2H C 30.66 David Diprose GP AC 30.33 David Diprose
    03 2H AC 30.9 Steve Diprose
    02 2H no record
    01 2H AC 31.39 Steve Diprose
    00 2H C 31.6 Steve Diprose
    No superpole in earlier years
    As you can see there has been a very gradual improvement in times over the decade.

Bike
    RS50, RS80, RMZ250
    Taupo GP official bucket lap records are:
    2010 F4 GP 1m27.39 Daryl Cotton
    2010 F4 Qualifying 1m26.25 Nathanael Diprose
    2010 F5 GP 1m30.34 Nathanael Diprose
    2009 F4 GP 1m29.84 Richard Ford (Richard was also fastest qualifier but with a slower time)
    2009 F5 GP 1m33.38 David Trustrum (Dave did a faster time of 1m31.55 racing his 50 in F4)
    2002 F4 GP 49.93 Jimmy Steadman (old track)
    2002 F5 GP 55.49 Chris Sales (old track)

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by 50bucketracer View Post
    Taupo GP official bucket lap records are:
    2010 F4 GP 1m27.39 Daryl Cotton
    2010 F4 Qualifying 1m26.25 Nathanael Diprose
    2010 F5 GP 1m30.34 Nathanael Diprose
    2009 F4 GP 1m29.84 Richard Ford (Richard was also fastest qualifier but with a slower time)
    2009 F5 GP 1m33.38 David Trustrum (Dave did a faster time of 1m31.55 racing his 50 in F4)
    2002 F4 GP 49.93 Jimmy Steadman (old track)
    2002 F5 GP 55.49 Chris Sales (old track)
    Thats a good post gives everyone something to target for this years GP. The 1m26.25 Nathanael Diprose will be hard to beat. Do you have any info from before the restart I was looking but could not find any.

Bike
    RS50, RS80, RMZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Thats a good post gives everyone something to target for this years GP. The 1m26.25 Nathanael Diprose will be hard to beat. Do you have any info from before the restart I was looking but could not find any.
    You had to be quick to get Info from the initial aborted start of the F4 GP. 2 people actually got better times than recorded after the restart; you got 1m27.03 & Nigel Duff got another 1m26.2 like Nathanael. Unfortunately Nathanael's bike had broken a ring & destroyed the cylinder before the end of the first lap. I think he needs a new mechanic... Anyway that left the fastest 3 out of the restart. Roll on next GP!

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    watch those time's come a tubling tumbling down
    Nigel will one day get a bike to run the whole day
    Nathanael is sure to come back with a bike that's not and fully sorted
    Dave D will be racing (as long as he stays of the mountain bike)
    Avalon will hopefully have her own bike
    Cully will have one that handles better
    the guys from chrischurch might show up (to watch )
    and the vacume cleaner may be back by then

and thats not saying anything about the welly croud that did so well last year

so this year is looking better than last already
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    You had to be quick to get Info from the initial aborted start of the F4 GP. 2 people actually got better times than recorded after the restart; you got 1m27.03 & Nigel Duff got another 1m26.2 like Nathanael. Unfortunately Nathanael's bike had broken a ring & destroyed the cylinder before the end of the first lap. I think he needs a new mechanic... Anyway that left the fastest 3 out of the restart. Roll on next GP!
    Cheers for that I had been wondering what the race pace was like before my little off.

Bike
    honda ct now FXR SCORPA SY 250
    Lucky all those fast guys fell off or blew up. It ment that we could slow the pace down and make it that little bit safer!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckets4Me View Post
    the guys from chrischurch might show up (to watch )
    We might even send up some of our fast guys this time
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Several

Jeeze, Is that all!

My best time around there is ten seconds faster, admitedley on a streetstock but a well sorted bucket should be faster than a Streetstock!

2ND 157 MALCOLM NABBS SUZUKI RG 150 7 10m16.50 1m19.44 +2.51s

OK, maybe the timing was a bit hinkey in qualifying that year...
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    RS50, RS80, RMZ250
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    Jeeze, Is that all!

My best time around there is ten seconds faster, admitedley on a streetstock but a well sorted bucket should be faster than a Streetstock!

2ND 157 MALCOLM NABBS SUZUKI RG 150 7 10m16.50 1m19.44 +2.51s

OK, maybe the timing was a bit hinkey in qualifying that year...
    Don't believe everything you see in print. That time came from December 2008 qualifying & if you look at the full laptime detail you will see that time timing system was only started part way through the first lap:
    http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~ma...28/PRAC09A.HTM
    Many riders were similarly impacted. If you ignore the incorrect first lap, your best time was your final lap of 1m27.11 - still not bad - quicker than the buckets that year

Thread Information