Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucket lap records

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by RDjase View Post
    The link doesnt like getting copy and pasted.

It s in the my laps results section
    yeah looks like they need an update.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Ruapuna full track I think Al Hoogie is around 1.56 Superbikes are 1.30 3.46 km

Hey Rich have you got any laptimes from last year?
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    When we come down alone the most sophisticated timing we can do is "Hickedy-pickledy-one. . . " The sweeper usually happens at Hickedy-pickledy-eleven & I lose concentration as someone dives around the outside blocking the path past a fast starter slower cornerer.

Heck I still haven't organised sailing etc. Wanna take my bike down Rich?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Ruapuna full track I think Al Hoogie is around 1.56 Superbikes are 1.30 3.46 km

I could figger one from a video. It was shot early on in proceedings. At the end of the day we were all going quicker I will have a look.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Wanna take my bike down Rich?

Still trying to figure that out. Will keep you posted. Might be a dash down for me as I have quite a bit of work coming up.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Had a quick look. On a quite clean lap was 58 ish. I was getting dropped a bit buy the 2 or 3 at the front about then, so they would have been going quicker. Get your stop watch out next dry meeting.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET

Offical Tokoroa Record.

As its the first time we have had timing on at Tokoroa (I think)

Rick takes the honors with a 43.400

Bike
    2010 CB600f & a couple of bucket RB's
    Blog Entries
    Would be interesting to see the times now with noise restrictions being enforced.
    Yes 4 strokes are for homos. Homo-sapiens that is, who have realized bigger is better.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by all4A50s View Post
    Would be interesting to see the times now with noise restrictions being enforced.
    Should make no difference at all. My bike is 91.9db and faster than ever. There is no reason any of the current bikes would be slower due to noise restrictions.

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    More noise doesn't make more power. A lot of engines like a bit of back pressure. On the other hand, especially during longer races loud bikes make you tired faster, not sure why but it does seem to make a difference.
    Stock is best

Bike
    2010 CB600f & a couple of bucket RB's
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Should make no difference at all. My bike is 91.9db and faster than ever. There is no reason any of the current bikes would be slower due to noise restrictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    More noise doesn't make more power. A lot of engines like a bit of back pressure. On the other hand, especially during longer races loud bikes make you tired faster, not sure why but it does seem to make a difference.
    My bike is a lot smoother with back pressure but needed to have the fuel map redun (thanks Ren) when we changed the exhaust. Now I just have ride it to it capability and stop nannering around on it.

Still seeing if the louder bikes have any timed difference will be an interesting exercise to prove/disprove if there was any point in letting the bike get that loud in the first place.
    Yes 4 strokes are for homos. Homo-sapiens that is, who have realized bigger is better.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by all4A50s View Post
    My bike is a lot smoother with back pressure but needed to have the fuel map redun (thanks Ren) when we changed the exhaust. Now I just have ride it to it capability and stop nannering around on it.

Still seeing if the louder bikes have any timed difference will be an interesting exercise to prove/disprove if there was any point in letting the bike get that loud in the first place.
    I don't understand the term back pressure. In theory I thought the muffler is only there to simulate the end of the exhaust system and send a scavenging way back to the cylinder while keeping it quite. Lap times have nothing to do with how loud a bike is, its the way the bike is ridden. Poor tuning will effect lap times. Not sure what you are getting at. There is know proving / or disproving. You tune to the rules and thats that. I am sure I could make a loud bike that made a little better power with an open megaphone but no point coz it would then be illegal.

Anyway its about time we borrowed some transponders from the Kart club and recorded some laps. I am sure the old Kaitoki record has been smashed many times.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    I don't understand the term back pressure. In theory I thought the muffler is only there to simulate the end of the exhaust system and send a scavenging way back to the cylinder while keeping it quite. Lap times have nothing to do with how loud a bike is, its the way the bike is ridden. Poor tuning will effect lap times. Not sure what you are getting at. There is know proving / or disproving. You tune to the rules and thats that. I am sure I could make a loud bike that made a little better power with an open megaphone but no point coz it would then be illegal.

Anyway its about time we borrowed some transponders from the Kart club and recorded some laps. I am sure the old Kaitoki record has been smashed many times.
    hi l want what your on

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    hi l want what your on
    please explain then.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Wink

please explain then.
    l'm on monteith's golden lager but not as good as yours