View Poll Results: My 250cc problem - What should I do??

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • A. Spend the $1500+ and keep the ZZR till Mar06 - lose 2k

6 25.00%
  • B. Spend the $1500, sell the ZZR and buy a ZXR - lose 2k

9 37.50%
  • C. Buy a new Hyosung 250 - lose the 2k .... but less stress

9 37.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm.... what should I do??

Bike
    justsomebike

Hmmm.... what should I do??

Hello People

As some of you know I fell off me bike ......... so what should I do??

Now it's gonna cost me around 1500+ to fix - painting, plastic welding, prepping, muffler retouched, new indicators for both front and back and a full going over.

The bike to date has cost me around $3000 already. I will be stuck on a 250 till late March next year due to my license status (with CBTA).

I was at Red Barons today testing out the CBR and ZXR...... rode the CBR and it's real nice but tooooo tiny so that's out...... next was the ZXR..... which stalled at first set of lights (poor Red Barons wish people would buy their bikes so that the batteries didn't go flat with them lying there...... ). So I gave Gio a call and we crash started the bike and rode it back...another proper test ride on Monday.

Anyway simply from the fit I would pick the ZXR over the CBR as these bikes are pretty equal in performance -- in the real world... both feel like little mini bikes though.......

It appears RB's would give me around $1000 as a trade in price for my ZZR (they think I want to buy a bike from them )
    And I'll need to rob a few old ladies and come up with the remaining 4-5 grand to buy the bikes they're selling.

Well as I was returning the ZXR I saw a Hyosung 250.... so I asked him how much do those cost....... he said 5995 --- 5495...... something along that range......

And that's brand new!! What?? Why's a 2005 Hyosung 5995 and a 91 ZXR 6995??? He said something that sounded like (yadalabdfsdacasdjfjk so that's why they cost so much)

He then added that if I do get a new Hyosung he could do a buy back option. I asked him how much?? He said up to around 4800........

Now you talkin!! I think...... dunno really
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

So what should I do??? Tell me, tell me, tell me-NOW (BANZAI!!!)

Should I :

Ayeee) Spend the 1500 ish and fix up my ZZR bringing it to a 4500ish (total cost) bike and keep it and later sell it for (I think I'll get 2.5-3K maxxx) that next year March??
    And lose about 2k???

Beeee) Repair the ZZR try and sell it on Trademe again lose the 1.5-2k and then put some money (which I'm hoping to find under a rainbow) and buy a ZXR for another 1.5 -2 k, finding a decent one will be another bitch of a task, especially with my luck aaaannndddd I'll have to find a buyer for my ZZR.
    I will still lose 2k

Seee) Buy a brand new Hyosung 250 from Red Baron's for 5995 - 1000 for my bike = 4995 and settle on a buy back scheme for about a grand less = 3995 or something. Least hassle of all the options. And I could get the bike on some kind of finance......i guess......but I could use my existing bike as a deposit. This way I ride a Hysung but at least it's brand new and more reliable under warranty and I have a buyer lined up so no hassles at the end of my 10 month period....... thing I need to know is how slow are those Hyosungs?? I'm already sick of my ZZR.

Still end up costing me about 2k (plus finance interest costs)

So people??? Have you made up your mind?? Decide quick!! The clocks ticking!!!

Is it Ayeee, Beee or Seee??????

Tell me nowww....... BANZAI!!!!!

And since I'm inbetween jobs at the moment...... all this will be happening over the next couple of months or more..... depending how my cash flow goes.....

ALL COMMENTS WILL SERIOUSLY APPRECIATED : ...... and smart asses responded to in a similar manner......

~~ Thank You ~~

Bike
    Coming to a store near you
    If I was in your situation and you were losign $2k with whatever decision you make.
    I would probably fix, sell and buy the zxr, I really like the bike!
    But only if you are certain you would get around what you're asking for the zzr.

Bike
    justsomebike
    Oh yess.. once fixed and resprayed the ZZR will look like new!!! So I should easily get about 2.5k to 3k...... may have to wait for summer time though for prices to rise....

Bike
    Coming to a store near you
    Go for the zxr250 then
    You'll love it, I know i did
    WTF is a Hyosung, never heard of it!

Bike
    justsomebike
    Yes it is not a faired sports bike and it's no where as fast as a ZXR but it's 5995 BRAND NEW!!! So there is the joy of owning a brand new bike.... and it's nice and big so feels a lot better than a little ZXR or CBR
    http://predator.bikepics.com/pics/hy...ics-305593.jpg

Bike
    2020 Honda Rebel 500
    To be quite honest, I've seen nothing but utter shit coming out or Red Barons HQ. I would steer clear my old friend.

I'd keep the ZZR or buy privately.
    /end communication

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by Antallica
    To be quite honest, I've seen nothing but utter shit coming out or Red Barons HQ. I would steer clear my old friend.

I'd keep the ZZR or buy privately.
    Doesn't matter where I buy the bike...... it's the bikes I'm interested in.....

I'm sure I could get a new Hyosung out of some other place......

and you are not the only person who is wary of the Baron's ...... I am painfully aware of poor Johnno's troubles...

Bike
    1988 Honda CBR 250R
    what the hell is a Hyosung??? i've never heard of it... its just too cheap, sure its new but is it really good bike? reliable? how long will it last?

i'd say get some other bike... just not the Hyosung man...

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by ricksta
    what the hell is a Hyosung??? i've never heard of it... its just too cheap, sure its new but is it really good bike? reliable? how long will it last?

i'd say get some other bike... just not the Hyosung man...
    I've PM'ed a guy on here who owns one...... lets see if he replies.

The reviews of it are quite good.

The reasons I'm thinking about it are:
    1. New Bike
    2. Warranty - they bloody well better give me one for the 10 months or I wont buy
    3. A buy back at an agreed value
    4. 1+2+3 = peace of mind, compared to the other options.

Bike
    big gay1 that I am not licenced to use
    Hyoshits? yea, ever wonder why they are so cheap - fix up that ZZR, you dont have long before your full, the ZXR isnt much of an upgrade from a ZZR, although if you got the ZXR you would be looking at about 4.5k resale or there abouts - IMO fix up the ZZR, I miss mine - and I'm sure you would miss yours to - But in reality I have no Idea...

Bike
    Tristan informed me how 'unimpressive they are' and he hadn't even tried the CBRR or ZXRR, I dont know it all depends, if you need a new bike (well want one) go nuts you might be able to sell it with a warrenty ... then you could trade it in and get the hyoshiter 650 for an extra 4k

Bike
    2006 r6
    i reckon sticky tape, gaffer goo, plastic weld and blue tack yo own bike, then spend 5 grand on a good (2nd hand) bigger bike when you got yo. full.
    patience kimosabe. with your bike think of it this way- what you loose on aerodynamics you gain on street cred.

Bike
    justsomebike
    hmmmmm...... *remembers the line* There's no free lunch......

So yeah repair the ZZR -- get it all bad and black........ get the mechanics to give it a good going over.......

Keep it coming guys seeing things from different points of view and objective minds sure helps......

Bike
    justsomebike
    Quote Originally Posted by surfchick
    i reckon sticky tape, gaffer goo, plastic weld and blue tack yo own bike, then spend 5 grand on a good (2nd hand) bigger bike when you got yo. full.
    patience kimosabe. with your bike think of it this way- what you loose on aerodynamics you gain on street cred.
    Oh yeah.......... I ride around like this at the moment...... the bloody cages back away in fright as I lanesplitt....

heheheheheheh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The idiot.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	10039  

Bike
    FUCK YEA THATS RUTHLESS!

But how would your life feel without the ZZR? Seriously the ZXR hasnt impressed me at all, like being said - save it for that 400 your after...

Thread Information