Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where can one go to practice wheelies?

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman911 View Post
    so i need to pretty much get it up in second gear, on the back pegs with just pumpin the suspension and pulling?

Goodluck to me :P

haha your not in auckland are you carver?
    with stock gearing use first.
    they are pretty tall in first.
    Staggared is ok, but when your learning, it will feel fucked up, and be hard to pull up straight.
    just dont go too high till you get a feel for it (some people have it, others dont)

Quote Originally Posted by revlikeshit View Post
    Atleast someone told him how to practice properly, ( kruzah ). Lol at people saying do stand ups using both pillion pegs without a handbrake, itl only end in tears... and a munted bike.
    Peeps stunt out drz 125's, nxr might be higher geared for the road but if you practice enough you will get it.
    Well thats what ive found atleast.
    I never looped my NXR and did hundreds of wheelies like that, and if you cant wheelie without a handbrake well......
    NXR's are tough, you can clutch em up in first, but they dont have the grunt to keep it up there when learning.
    if you REALLY try, you can get it up without using the pillion pegs or the clutch, but it requires a massive heave!

Bike
    some
    Blog Entries
    Did i say you needed a handbrake to wheelie... ah no.

All i did was mention the fact that doing standups on both pillion pegs without a handbrake is stupid. And a bad habbit to learn, just like power wheelies and feet dragging... something you would know alot about carver...

Try doing stand ups on a biggger bike using both pillion pegs without a HB and see what happens, e.g 954, r1 etc.... can you say loop haha

Dont turn this into a little bitch fight thread like you always do with everything carver, the dude just wanted advice and you were telling him some weird shit.

cayman911 - Listen to guys like kruzah etc, he knows what hes talking about and in terms of learning will put you in the right direction.

Oh and use the clutch like has been said. Power wheelies are dumb and way more sketchy.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Did i say you needed a handbrake to wheelie... ah no.

All i did was mention the fact that doing standups on both pillion pegs without a handbrake is stupid. And a bad habbit to learn, just like power wheelies and feet dragging... something you would know alot about carver...

Try doing stand ups on a biggger bike using both pillion pegs without a HB and see what happens, e.g 954, r1 etc.... can you say loop haha

Dont turn this into a little bitch fight thread like you always do with everything carver, the dude just wanted advice and you were telling him some weird shit.

cayman911 - Listen to guys like kruzah etc, he knows what hes talking about and in terms of learning will put you in the right direction.

Oh and use the clutch like has been said. Power wheelies are dumb and way more sketchy.
    i have yet to see you wheelie...
    on a GSXR1000/R1 etc, you have the power to keep it up with ease, so using the normal pegs is fine.
    But on a heavy gutless NXR, you need to get as much weight as you can as far back as you can...this is about the NXR125, a bike i have owned for several years.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQhvFTJGbOA
    yeah, my feet are really dragging lol!

I adapt my riding for the different types of bikes i ride, its not a ""one size fits all" game

God you talk some shit

Bike
    some
    Blog Entries
    Unlike you carver i dont need to prove myself by showing off in front of people.

Ive seen that drz vid a shit load of times, their mad easy to wheelie on( stoppies too), i test rode the black sm from boyds so i know what they go like.
    Straight wheelies and stoppies are easy on any sort of dirtbike only gets hard when you try combos and circles etc, never saw you do that on your gsxr1000 or 600...

I can wheelie my dr200 from 1st through to 4th.. although shes a bit worse for wear at the moment so havnt ridden it in a long time.
    Could wheelie my old rgv150 in the first 3 gears... anyone who raced at meremere at the time i had that would have seen.
    Am going hard on the 50 these days and just trying to learn more each time i ride.

Im not the one telling people not to cover the rear...
    What happened to the whole my 03 gsxr600 is faster than your 07 kawii zx btw??? yeah thats right.... but drag racing takes no skill so thats why you would beat me aye and all the other bikers at the drags. Your a joke carver, pretty sure 99% of kb thinks so too..

Im not the one rocking the dole bro and soon to have no licence, yet i talk shit and im the idiot... oh....

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Unlike you carver i dont need to prove myself by showing off in front of people.

Ive seen that drz vid a shit load of times, their mad easy to wheelie on( stoppies too), i test rode the black sm from boyds so i know what they go like.
    Straight wheelies and stoppies are easy on any sort of dirtbike only gets hard when you try combos and circles etc, never saw you do that on your gsxr1000 or 600...

I can wheelie my dr200 from 1st through to 4th.. although shes a bit worse for wear at the moment so havnt ridden it in a long time.
    Could wheelie my old rgv150 in the first 3 gears... anyone who raced at meremere at the time i had that would have seen.
    Am going hard on the 50 these days and just trying to learn more each time i ride.

Im not the one telling people not to cover the rear...
    What happened to the whole my 03 gsxr600 is faster than your 07 kawii zx btw??? yeah thats right.... but drag racing takes no skill so thats why you would beat me aye and all the other bikers at the drags. Your a joke carver, pretty sure 99% of kb thinks so too..

Im not the one rocking the dole bro and soon to have no licence, yet i talk shit and im the idiot... oh....
    hey, times are tough, it is hard to find work....
    as for proving myself, You seem desperate to prove yourself, begging me to drag you, what happened to the DR650 VS FZR250?
    as soon as i put you to the test your "busy"
    Christ, you would not even ride around a car park with me....what are ya, talking it up on here, and as soon as ya meet me ya cant back it up?

I have never done circles properly, or 12's!

so you think your pretty good, but wont race my old stock GSXR600 to rags on your oh so fast ZX6 (camchain eating?)

your all shit

Bike
    some
    Blog Entries
    Oh yea, is that why you stole company petrol from your last job?

Why would i want to follow you around the carpark??? actually? im always down there.
    I didnt see the point.

Yea i bought up the idea of fzr vs dr650 drag but at the time i did mention i had stuff on and was busy, some of us actually work and have various commitments. I said bring it to the drags, which you didnt, you bought the scooter.

I have a keen interest in stunting and drag racing so thats why i said.

I dont think im mad fast and never have said that i am. Ive never really pushed the 600 on the road, no need to.

Also i try not to race people through twisties on the road, ( i like living ) way to easy to get caught out by loose metal/ cars etc etc. Thats what a race tracks for go do a track day if you like that buzz.

As i said earlier dont turn this thread into a bitch session.

Bike
    2008, Suzuki 750 Katana
    Quote Originally Posted by mattian View Post
    Obviously, public roads are out of the question Are there any designated "wheelie" practice locations around?
    Anyway back to the thread...

Be very careful where you practice as a road is any land where 'A place to which the public have access, whether as of right or not'. This means anywhere where the public use. You are probably OK on a disused airstrip or farmland, but car parks are definitely places considered to be roads as the public use them. This also includes beaches where people are frequent visitors but not beaches where people don't go. I think the law is probably designed to prosecute people who piss off other people but if you're not you're OK.

OK back to the bunfight... carry on gentlemen
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Oh yea, is that why you stole company petrol from your last job?

Why would i want to follow you around the carpark??? actually? im always down there.
    I didnt see the point.

Yea i bought up the idea of fzr vs dr650 drag but at the time i did mention i had stuff on and was busy, some of us actually work and have various commitments. I said bring it to the drags, which you didnt, you bought the scooter.

I have a keen interest in stunting and drag racing so thats why i said.

I dont think im mad fast and never have said that i am. Ive never really pushed the 600 on the road, no need to.

Also i try not to race people through twisties on the road, ( i like living ) way to easy to get caught out by loose metal/ cars etc etc. Thats what a race tracks for go do a track day if you like that buzz.

As i said earlier dont turn this thread into a bitch session.
    Haha, do you really think i am on the dole?
    Do you really think I stole petrol from my last job?
    Do you really think your above me?

Look at what my lawyer says on the bridge stunt thread about legal aid...

I have been riding fast on the road for ages...i aint dead....

Good reason for that too

while your slagging me off, would you care to mention what you can do that makes you somehow able to judge me?

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiP View Post
    Anyway back to the thread...

Be very careful where you practice as a road is any land where 'A place to which the public have access, whether as of right or not'. This means anywhere where the public use. You are probably OK on a disused airstrip or farmland, but car parks are definitely places considered to be roads as the public use them. This also includes beaches where people are frequent visitors but not beaches where people don't go. I think the law is probably designed to prosecute people who piss off other people but if you're not you're OK.

OK back to the bunfight... carry on gentlemen
    thanks, back i go

Bike
    2015 GSR750
    hahaha... thanks for getting us all back on topic KiwiP ! however, I am thoroughly enjoying this debate too. As you were lads

Bike
    . .
    I will own you all!!!

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthrax View Post
    I will own you all!!!
    Not before I own the n00bs

Bike
    Black Ninja
    it's not the where to practice it's the who can teach me?

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    it's not the where to practice it's the who can teach me?
    hmmmm, that is a point of debate

Bike
    some
    Blog Entries
    - Practice in a carpark, just try not to piss people off too much. loud exhausts and residential areas are not a good mix. But anywhere else you should be sweet.

Well dont let carver teach you haha, had to say it.

What was the point with the bridge thing, you didnt go out of your way to not getting caught yet now you want to take on the courts...

Oh i know why, carver wanted the publicity, thats all it is a publicity stunt.
    If you watch the stuff in the states guys do on the road they dont identify themselves( and hence cant be charged or caught by police etc), they do it because they have a passion for it.Not to gain a name.

Bike
    Honda
    Yeah it was more of a who can teach me rather than where to practice. i dont quite care where, my street is all good.

but i guess now im gonna go with carver's advice, since he knows the bike inside out. and from my knowledge from the experience on this bike id have it agree with him.

clutch would be useless because there is no grunt to keep it up after.
    staggered footwork would furk up the balance hard. im not keen on trying it so ill just go with the back pegs and keep under balance point.

didnt wana spark a debate, but no worries. Thanks anyways, ill let you guys know how it goes.

its a shame the stunters arent in auckland.

Thread Information