Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where can one go to practice wheelies?

Bike
    some
    Blog Entries
    Cayman911 - Search up some vids on youtube too man, there may be a few helpful ones with wheelies etc. in terms of technique each to their own...

Bike
    2017 V-Strom 650
    Quote Originally Posted by revlikeshit View Post
    Cayman911 - Search up some vids on youtube too man, there may be a few helpful ones with wheelies etc. in terms of technique each to their own...
    You sound like a noob.

Carver is right on the nxr mint bikes to practice on brazilian Hondas bullet proof!
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicksta View Post
    You sound like a noob.
    Takes one to know one!
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    2017 V-Strom 650
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    Takes one to know one!
    Damn str8 arssex
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.

Bike
    some
    Blog Entries
    Slicksta - keen to meet up and show me your mad as skills then?

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Slicksta - keen to meet up and show me your mad as skills then?
    so long as you can show him yours lol

Bike
    some
    Blog Entries
    Fine by me.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Fine by me.
    you seemed a bit reluctant to hit the starter button last time

Bike
    Suzuki Fatboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman911 View Post

its a shame the stunters arent in auckland.
    there is a stunter in Auckland called KebMo (or KevMo?).....but from the posts I've seen, he doesn't get on so well with Carver either...

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by retro asian View Post
    there is a stunter in Auckland called KebMo (or KevMo?).....but from the posts I've seen, he doesn't get on so well with Carver either...
    thats what happens when you are NZ's most notorious stunt crew

Bike
    Black/Green 2011 Daytona 675LE
    Dude... staggered isn't as scary as you'd think. One foots forward of the balance point, one is rear of it so its surprisingly stable feeling. The hard part is getting your head round the fact that
    A. your rear foot isnt about to shoot the bike under and out from under your ass, and
    B. its not going to cause you to pull up into an unblalanced wobbly or crossed up wheel stand.

I dont know how this effects the NXR and maybe the pegs are in different places to the balance point but on my 675 it turned out to be bloody easy and stable. I've been doing standups on the front pegs and avoiding the rear from simple fear. But I'm trying to clean a seriously long bridge out of Foxton and my technique isn't cutting it. Watched a youtube vid of a 675 doing a freeway including the curves for miles and another of a chick pulling up a standup staggered style with no effort and convinced myself to try one this morning on the way to work.

Got about 800m out if it before the road ran out! Felt super smooth, didnt speed up over 70kph and left a massive grin on my face half the day.

I'm just heading home now from work so I'll try it again and let you know, and i'll post up the youtube links when I get home.

And an Mp3 player with something angry blasting helps... Sick Puppies "One Of Us Is Going Down" and Atreyu's "Becoming The Bull" work for me to get your wannabe stunt face on.

Back to the fights!
    Parental advisory: Your kids may accidentally wake up and realize the bullshit that fills our world.

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slydesigns View Post
    Dude... staggered isn't as scary as you'd think. One foots forward of the balance point, one is rear of it so its surprisingly stable feeling. The hard part is getting your head round the fact that
    A. your rear foot isnt about to shoot the bike under and out from under your ass, and
    B. its not going to cause you to pull up into an unblalanced wobbly or crossed up wheel stand.

I dont know how this effects the NXR and maybe the pegs are in different places to the balance point but on my 675 it turned out to be bloody easy and stable. I've been doing standups on the front pegs and avoiding the rear from simple fear. But I'm trying to clean a seriously long bridge out of Foxton and my technique isn't cutting it. Watched a youtube vid of a 675 doing a freeway including the curves for miles and another of a chick pulling up a standup staggered style with no effort and convinced myself to try one this morning on the way to work.

Got about 800m out if it before the road ran out! Felt super smooth, didnt speed up over 70kph and left a massive grin on my face half the day.

I'm just heading home now from work so I'll try it again and let you know, and i'll post up the youtube links when I get home.

And an Mp3 player with something angry blasting helps... Sick Puppies "One Of Us Is Going Down" and Atreyu's "Becoming The Bull" work for me to get your wannabe stunt face on.

Back to the fights!
    haha, good shit man!
    I found the NXR needs such a big pull to get its gutless self up, that it tends to de stabiise it.
    I love staggered on my DRZ SM however

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Yeah it was more of a who can teach me rather than where to practice. i dont quite care where, my street is all good.

but i guess now im gonna go with carver's advice, since he knows the bike inside out. and from my knowledge from the experience on this bike id have it agree with him.

clutch would be useless because there is no grunt to keep it up after.
    staggered footwork would furk up the balance hard. im not keen on trying it so ill just go with the back pegs and keep under balance point.

didnt wana spark a debate, but no worries. Thanks anyways, ill let you guys know how it goes.

its a shame the stunters arent in auckland.
    Try the instructional video linked in this thread...... here

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by carver View Post
    haha, good shit man!
    I found the NXR needs such a big pull to get its gutless self up, that it tends to de stabiise it.
    I love staggered on my DRZ SM however
    haha yeah ive tryed riding staggered, and it does tend to add to the wobbly side of things. so its not the mostforgiving way for this bike.
    im needing more work on my pulling techniques, and the main thing which follows is how much gas to keep it up and not overboard. which is why i dont keep on the gas when i clutch wheelie from standing.
    poor bike, it tries so hard but i keep off the throttle which makes it sneeze and front falls down again hahaha.

a bit more practice and ive got it . well.....its overcomming the "balls" side of things really. and im managing. once ive done it a few more times ill get smoother and smoother hopefully

Bike
    2018 GSXS1000
    Blog Entries
    haha yeah ive tryed riding staggered, and it does tend to add to the wobbly side of things. so its not the mostforgiving way for this bike.
    im needing more work on my pulling techniques, and the main thing which follows is how much gas to keep it up and not overboard. which is why i dont keep on the gas when i clutch wheelie from standing.
    poor bike, it tries so hard but i keep off the throttle which makes it sneeze and front falls down again hahaha.

a bit more practice and ive got it . well.....its overcomming the "balls" side of things really. and im managing. once ive done it a few more times ill get smoother and smoother hopefully
    thats the way man, you'll get a feel for it, if ya dont, you'll end up like this stunter!

the key on the NXR is weight back as far as your comfortable.
    Oh, and dont tire yourself out and keep going, rest, cause thats when you make fuckups.
    I used to practice most nights for bout 1 hour after work.
    i wish i could do the same on the TxT300

Thread Information