Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My GSX1100

Bike
    1989ZXR400,GSX1100 & PW50
    Hey Spyda,I found a set of the correct carbs,here at work,they have been sitting around for about 25 years
    A bloody good score,they had been set up for Methanol,so,will need to to be rebuilt & rejetted etc

Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    didn't know you spoke japanese!
    "The road to Hell is really grippy with loads of run off & some wicked lefthanders"

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Quote Originally Posted by bistard View Post
    I now have a set of the correct carbs,I need to clean & rebuild them,as some parts are missing,I have loaded a couple of photos,of the bike now with wire wheels & black pipes & the new set of carbs
    Can't tell from the photo Barry - have you got the two inner header pipes silver chromed?

Bike
    suzuki
    Hey Spyda,I found a set of the correct carbs,here at work,they have been sitting around for about 25 years
    A bloody good score,they had been set up for Methanol,so,will need to to be rebuilt & rejetted etc
    wonder what they were fitted to?

Bike
    No not yet,I could not wait to put the pipes on,I also have a spare set of inners,so I am tring to decide which ones to get chromed
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    Can't tell from the photo Barry - have you got the two inner header pipes silver chromed?
    "The road to Hell is really grippy with loads of run off & some wicked lefthanders"

Bike
    They were off a Katana Robert raced,the same year the Morowaki Honda 750s & Kevin Magee was out out here on the Bob Brown Ducati,
    what ever year that was??
    I remember those bikes at Gracefeild,Robbie Phillis was also on a Katana the same year
    wonder what they were fitted to?

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    They were off a Katana Robert raced,the same year the Morowaki Honda 750s & Kevin Magee was out out here on the Bob Brown Ducati,
    I remember those bikes at Gracefeild,Robbie Phillis was also on a Katana the same year
    I saw Kevin McGee at Gracefield in 1983 and posted the pics here some time ago in this thread if you are interested http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ords-at-the-TT?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Yes Merv,that was the year,I was there for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    I saw Kevin McGee at Gracefield in 1983 and posted the pics here some time ago in this thread if you are interested http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ords-at-the-TT?

Bike
    suzuki
    holden rode the plastic fantastic the same year as yatsushiro was on teh moriwaki honda i thought the year phillis rode teh kat was when hiscock was on teh PF, robert would've been on either the mcintosh or the alloy bike but i'm a bit vague on it all at the moment

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    holden rode the plastic fantastic the same year as yatsushiro was on teh moriwaki honda i thought the year phillis rode teh kat was when hiscock was on teh PF, robert would've been on either the mcintosh or the alloy bike but i'm a bit vague on it all at the moment
    Exactly. If you look at that thread I linked above you'll see in 1983 Hiscock on the PF number H and Holden on the number 4 ali bike and Philiis on the Kat.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Yes,I also am alittle unclear as to what bike Robert was on,I thought it might have been a McIntosh,but what ever it was,It was running Methanol & I have scored the carbs,so just waiting on some float needles & seats & then fit them & modify the fuel tank tap location
    Merv has posted some photos,from that year,there s a photo of a bike with number 4 on it,is that Robert or Bob??

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    As I remember it Robert was on number 4 and that was the Roberts Ali bike.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    I now have the carb float needles & seats,so i will fit the carbs this weekend,then to sort out the moving of the fuel tap
    Will post some more photos as we go

Bike
    '69 K0, '71 Stinger, '73 Z1, '74 AC50
    They're great bikes and at the moment completely undervalued. If I had more room I'd get one and roll it into the back of the shed then fix 'er up in about 10 years time. They're sleepers too, the young guys think they might be able to drag you at the lights but they'll get a surprise!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm livin' the dream.

Bike
    1992 ZXR250C 2008 ZX6R
    I will give you a drag barry!!! How did they fit dude?
    holding the line...

Bike
    Mate,nothing is ever simple,I now need to fit new throttle cables,as the standard GSX ones dont fit

Thread Information