Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: My GSX1100

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by bistard View Post
    I went for a ride over the Rimatukas today,the bike clicked over 70000klm,had blast,I need to update the rear suspension,as it's a bit soft,even on the hardest settings
    Thats only cause your a fat bistard mate .
    Looked good in the flesh at the track day , did it give you a grin like the Italian bike did ????

Bike
    1989ZXR400,GSX1100 & PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by roadracingoldfart View Post
    Thats only cause your a fat bistard mate .
    Looked good in the flesh at the track day , did it give you a grin like the Italian bike did ????
    Yes it did give me a grin, I am so impressed at how the motor goes now with cams,pistons etc in it,as I have said before the handling needs some work, but hey it is 30 years old
    Hindsight I probably should have taken the ZXR up intstead of the MV,but I wasnt going to turn down the opertunity
    "The road to Hell is really grippy with loads of run off & some wicked lefthanders"

Bike

Manfeild Suzuki Display 2011

Here is a photo from the weekend,they are from left to right GS1000S,GSX1100 ( Black Piper,Mine),Plastic Fantastic,John Hepburns GSXR750 Superbike, Freddie Merkels Factory GSXR750 & 2011 GSXR600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kittens Jemmy and Lauries wedding and Manfield April 2011 061 (2).jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	775.3 KB 
ID:	236132
    "The road to Hell is really grippy with loads of run off & some wicked lefthanders"

Bike
    1992 ZXR250C 2008 ZX6R
    Here is a photo from the weekend,they are from left to right GS1000S,GSX1100 ( Black Piper,Mine),Plastic Fantastic,John Hepburns GSXR750 Superbike, Freddie Merkels Factory GSXR750 & 2011 GSXR600Click image for larger version. 

Nice wee line up there! Awesome!!
    holding the line...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by steelestring View Post
    Nice wee line up there! Awesome!!
    Hey there young fella, how are you??
    It was a tough call, as I had space in the van for one more bike,I was very tempted to load up the Plastic & take it home, but Spyda knows where I live & work

Bike
    1992 ZXR250C 2008 ZX6R
    Hey there young fella, how are you??
    It was a tough call, as I had space in the van for one more bike,I was very tempted to load up the Plastic & take it home, but Spyda knows where I live & work
    Hey mate. Great photo. Look at the wire wheels woohoo!
    I am doin good. Very busy with work and stuff.
    I have been meaning to come round but I have been working lots of evenings.
    Your tools are safe, used them twice now..
    Hahaha! Would have been worth grabbing it for a few hoons round the block once you got home though! hahaha or.... you could always store it at mine!
    Hang it from the roof on display in the lounge... cant be that heavy if its made from plastic aye?
    Catchup with ya soon
    holding the line...

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250

Great pic,makes me think way back to when the old fella (not so old then) turned up home with a brand spanking GSX1100.Very nice.

Bike
    BMW MEGAMOTO

Is this bike the real thing????????

I really like this bike but not sure about it's heritage as I thought the black piper (WHOLE EXHAUST WAS BLACK) was a NZ thing along with cams and carb's.
    Cannot find any history or pic's of a black piper (middle 2 pipes only) racing in Australia.
    Can anyone remember this version.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....E:B:SS:AU:1123

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    I think he's a bit confused.

It was the centre two headers that were silver chromed with the outer headers and mufflers in black chrome.

Bike
    BMW MEGAMOTO
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I think he's a bit confused.

It was the centre two headers that were silver chromed with the outer headers and mufflers in black chrome.

I'm also not aware of an Aussie black piper version.

Thanks
    I think I read somewhere the black pipes where less restrictive and that was the reason for fitting them.I already have a made up wire wheel 81 model and a genuine factory wire wheel T model but in reality the mag wheel model here in OZ is just as "castrol 6 hour special" as the wire wheel as both were raced in that series.
    I think this bike at 15k is over the top price wise but would guess a genuine black piper would be worth that now and would be to me as I love these old gsx's.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by tubehead View Post
    Thanks
    I think I read somewhere the black pipes where less restrictive and that was the reason for fitting them.I already have a made up wire wheel 81 model and a genuine factory wire wheel T model but in reality the mag wheel model here in OZ is just as "castrol 6 hour special" as the wire wheel as both were raced in that series.
    I think this bike at 15k is over the top price wise but would guess a genuine black piper would be worth that now and would be to me as I love these old gsx's.
    I have spotted that bike & he is very confused, as Katman says the inner pipes were the standard chrome, the outer pipes were changed to black as they had a 32mil outlet, standard chrome outlet 28mil, the Kiwi bikes, also had cams,smoothbore carbs & the petrol tanks had the fuel tap modified,to make way for the taller carbs

Bike
    1980 Yamaha XS1100
    Gday folks. Love the old GSX1100's. I bought a 81 GSX1100E in Blenheim in 1983. Silver she was. Last known number plate was 1 MUT. ( I think it was 67 HRL when I bought it??? I worked For the Motor Rego at the time and the 1 MUT plate was handed in so I transferred it over.
    Was owned and I think raced at Hawkesbury ( Marlborough ) I think by Bill MacDonald. Damn fine bike...except for the weave one-up over about 140ks .
    Was even a program here back then about KIller Bad handling evil GSX's. I could never fix it; new swingarm bearings, different tyres, pressures, more beer, less beer , nothing worked. I found that a pillion made it go away. My passengers used to love going down the Riverlands Straight at 220 . '' But look it doesn't weave anymore !'' Sold the GSX to some bike shop in Wellington in 1985 to fianance my move to Australia. Well I'm still here.....wonder what became of the bike????? Cheers , Chrisso.

Bike
    suzuki
    Hey Paul,you are showing your age,me old mate
    I was there at Gracfeild when the Morowaki bikes were here,Warren has a photo of turn one from that era,with Rob Phillis,Norris Farrow,Dave Hiscok,Stu Avant etc,all pealing off through turn one
    i'd bet money that hiscock had retired by then, either or, that's the year Robert Holden rode and owned the Plastic Fnatastic so what bike would he have even had available?

Thread Information