Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tt2000

Bike
    2003 suzuki gsxr1000
    yeah they were,and yeah it was an accident in the nelson area,i dont know what happened and it probably doesnt matter,but i was wondering if this is a ride where you ride all day night etc with not much rest

Bike
    2004 Honda ST1300 ABS
    In Golden Downs, Nelson, a 44-year-old male motorcyclist died after a collision with another rider on Stock Road about 1pm yesterday.
    The other rider - a 51-year-old Northland man - was flown to Nelson hospital with a suspected neck injury and concussion.
    The men were participants in the TT2000 South Island motorcycle rally, a two-day, 2000km ride around the northern part of the island. The two men were riding on the same side of the road, when the following rider rode into the lead rider.
    Police had not yet talked to the survivor of the crash, and were appealing for witnesses - particularly two motorcyclists heading the other way, on the other side of the road, around the time of the crash, Detective Senior Sergeant Wayne McCoy said.
    Regards

DougieNZ
    J'Ville
    Wellington

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by danchop View Post
    yeah they were,and yeah it was an accident in the nelson area,i dont know what happened and it probably doesnt matter,but i was wondering if this is a ride where you ride all day night etc with not much rest
    Set start and end times each day and the route is set so you can do it with a 70kph average.

Sounds like they were doing the Belgrove clipon.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Bloody Hell. I left Belgrove pub at just after 1:00 pm and travelled down that road. I passed two bikes heading towards Belgrove, then another rider on his own. Obviously doing the Belgrove flyer but coming in from Top House rather than the main route. I didn't see any motorcycle accident, but did see the remains of a boat crash.
    Time to ride

Bike
    2017 Honda Africa Twin
    Em and I had a great trip. Got to bronze achievement in the flyers, I chose the Portage clip on during our second day which was a real challenge, well worth it for the points, but my arms hated me for it! The Bronze trophy looks great on the mantle peice, even if a few poxy pictures had to go to make room!
    Would I do it again?? Definately Yes! Silver for me next year, and riding her own bike for Em next year!
    Really sorry to hear about the accident, condolences to the family.

Bike
    2008 Honda ST 1300
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Bloody Hell. I left Belgrove pub at just after 1:00 pm and travelled down that road. I passed two bikes heading towards Belgrove, then another rider on his own. Obviously doing the Belgrove flyer but coming in from Top House rather than the main route. I didn't see any motorcycle accident, but did see the remains of a boat crash.
    If you did this flyer on the Sunday you had to come in from Top house. I did this flyer and would have come through about half an hour earlier.
    Great trip. Managed bronze. Will provide a write up in a few days

4 Wheels move the body. 2 Wheels move the soul

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    For me it was a TT1000 with 5 clip-ons. Full story to follow, but the one day I did ride was great.
    Time to ride

Bike
    F800GS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    For me it was a TT1000 with 5 clip-ons. Full story to follow, but the one day I did ride was great.

Next year I'm in definitly, riding the Big

Bike
    2013 BMW R1200 GSA
    Im buggered rode back to Blenheim today,i was so damn slow.
    Me and a mate really attacked it tho , We had 4 minutes spare on day one and 15 minute spare day two, left our run to finish a bit late with mad dashes in the darkness to get in on time
    1230km day one
    1402km day two
    oh an did i think to mention *******GOLD*******
    and got the teeshirt.

Bike
    VTR1000F
    I failed to finish, astounded at how fast my rear tire was chewed up. I withdrew at Westport on Sunday.
    Awesome event, will be back next year to have another go.

Takaka Hill was incredible!!
    Inangahua Junction, Not. I cocked up the corner and crashed. Can't figure out how I only broke a mirror, indicator and ripped the cowling off the bottom. I was lucky. Thanks to the motorcross guys that helped push the bike back up the bank.
    Capital Cruise and TT2000 2012. Looking forward to my two big rides!

Bike
    GSX1400
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Triple View Post
    Em and I had a great trip. Got to bronze achievement in the flyers, I chose the Portage clip on during our second day which was a real challenge, well worth it for the points, but my arms hated me for it!
    Good choice. I've spent many hours of my life travelling along that road. Probably the last flyer I'd pick but it sure is a nice ride (when there's no cattle trucks and tourists).

Bike
    2013 BMW R1200 GSA
    My TT2000 Day ONE

I rode down to CHCH through the lightning and hail storm, i had to slow down because the hail stones were starting to hurt as they hit me, and then i stopped as the road was a couple of inches deep in hail and becoming quite slippery.
    I was stopped on the top of a hill wondering if the spare 30 litres of fuel i was carrying would explode as i was stuck by lightning, never did find that out.
    I stayed at a mates place, Johan, who i had talked in to this trip, he decided to do it on the goldwing just to make it a bit more of a challenge, the long staights would be more comfortable but some of the fliers would be a real test of riding skills.
    We topped up our tanks just before start area only to find that some bikes were being let go well before 6:00am, we stayed untill the offical start time and took off to Kaikoura, a quick photo stop there (07:40) and off to Hamner and another 30 second stop for a photo (9:10).
    We had alrteady planned to try and complete as many fliers as we could so another quick stop at Inangahua (11:00) and then Murcheson (11:32)..
    I was leading and stuffed up at Kawatiri junction and ended up going around the flier in reverse adding time and milage to the run but it gave Johan a short break while i found my way back to him another very short stop (12:45) ..... now we are behind schedule...
    My wife and father were tracking us on the "spidertracks" GPS tracker that i had borrow for the run and met us in Picton (14:36) as part of the pit crew schedule we had set up, they refueled the bike and removed all the extra fuel and other heavy un-needed stuff and cleaned visors while we had our first meal break, hot food provided by the pit crew.
    Next stop oyster bay-- (15:17) i followed the gold wing in and watched it get lighter on every corner leaving behind bits of un nessesary metal work as it grounded on every bend , an incredable piece of riding, that thing must roll in at 400kg!!
    We had decided to not just do the easy fliers, so next was Portage (16:36) I was really hurting by then cramping up trying to get as much fluid into me as i could, iso-tonic water from the camel pac on the go.
    Okiwi (18:07) another one of the hard ones lots of loose gravel at the top of the hill.
    Meet the pit crew at the bottom of the Whangamoas for a refuel and to load the exra fuel back on board that had been topped up and more food and drinks.
    We where getting a bit worried by now as the run to Takaka was going to be hard work and if there were any holdups it would be a close run , we push hard and made Takaka (20:37) no stopping this time, it was going to be close , i had already scoped out the pit stop, which was lucky as we arrived with 4 minutes to spare (21:56), over 1200km ,an average speed of about 80Kmh.
    Not bad when you think about that goldwing scraping its way through the sounds roads and the mad dash in the wrong direction to Belgrove.
    Day two to come.

Bike
    2017 Honda Africa Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer peter View Post
    Im buggered rode back to Blenheim today,i was so damn slow.
    Me and a mate really attacked it tho , We had 4 minutes spare on day one and 15 minute spare day two, left our run to finish a bit late with mad dashes in the darkness to get in on time
    1230km day one
    1402km day two
    oh an did i think to mention *******GOLD*******
    and got the teeshirt.
    Well done and good on you for getting gold... may try for gold next year..

Bike
    2017 Honda Africa Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mully Clown View Post
    Good choice. I've spent many hours of my life travelling along that road. Probably the last flyer I'd pick but it sure is a nice ride (when there's no cattle trucks and tourists).
    Only needed 1000 points for bronze so took that one which I knew was a little hard, but it was straight home after that..

Bike
    Marsha, she won't see this
    Blog Entries
    Had an absolutley awesome time, left home on thursday with BR and Brian, good trip down till just before Chch where it hosed down. Fri was window shopping in Chch, where I got told off for touching a new vfr1200 in a honda shop on Manchester Street Chch, tosser!!! All I did was open the pannier, must have been the company I was in aye meanie?

All in all an awesome time!!

Thanks to Meanie, Monie and others for putting up with me!
    Ashhurst Inn Apiti Scamper 2011
    $9000.00 RAISED, THANK YOU
    www.apitiscamper.co.nz

Thread Information