Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tt2000

Bike
    Concours 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxer peter View Post
    Im buggered rode back to Blenheim today,i was so damn slow.
    Me and a mate really attacked it tho , We had 4 minutes spare on day one and 15 minute spare day two, left our run to finish a bit late with mad dashes in the darkness to get in on time
    1230km day one
    1402km day two
    oh an did i think to mention *******GOLD*******
    and got the teeshirt.
    Thats an awesome effort mate, just did the basic 2000ks for the first time round

Quote Originally Posted by zahria View Post
    I failed to finish, astounded at how fast my rear tire was chewed up. I withdrew at Westport on Sunday.
    Awesome event, will be back next year to have another go.

Takaka Hill was incredible!!
    Inangahua Junction, Not. I cocked up the corner and crashed. Can't figure out how I only broke a mirror, indicator and ripped the cowling off the bottom. I was lucky. Thanks to the motorcross guys that helped push the bike back up the bank.
    Saw three bikes at Westport parked up on the other side of the road with tyres a little worse for wear. Bugger
    Next year ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Had an absolutley awesome time, left home on thursday with BR and Brian, good trip down till just before Chch where it hosed down. Fri was window shopping in Chch, where I got told off for touching a new vfr1200 in a honda shop on Manchester Street Chch, tosser!!! All I did was open the pannier, must have been the company I was in aye meanie?

All in all an awesome time!!

Thanks to Meanie, Monie and others for putting up with me!
    Wasnt me, you were the shady looing one, fancy touching a new bike in a bike showroom. The guy was an absolute twat wasnt he

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/n...by-fatal-crash

http://www.northernadvocate.co.nz/lo...r-rid/3911348/

Sad day for Family of the rider up here, but they understand that he died doing what he loved best. From his Death Notice in today's Northern Advocate:
    Only aged 44, he left this world abruptly around 2pm, Sunday March 14, 2010, Doing what he loved most - besides spending time with his daughters - riding motorcycles. In an accident while participating in a roadbike T2000 challenge, this was an endurance trip to the core, around parts of the South Island.
    I hope that this does not see the shutting down of Rides (eg: The Grand Challenge) like this in NZ. My thoughts and sympathy goes out to he family up here.
    Doug Hunter (AKA the RiderInBlack).
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    Concours 14
    I had heard about the accident on Sunday night when we got back but wasnt sure untill we got confirmation when reading the local paper.
    My heartfelt condolenses to the family.

My Wife has been riding for just three years and managed to complete the TT2000 without a problem and she thorougly enjoyed it. This ride was easily achievable in the time allowed and done at legal road speeds , I truly hope it is not cancelled because of this accident
    We all know the risks we face when we mount our bikes.
    To the organisers of the TT2000, thank you for a well organised and such an awesome week end, Monie and i will be back to ride the TT again

Bike
    2017 Honda Africa Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Fri was window shopping in Chch, where I got told off for touching a new vfr1200 in a honda shop on Manchester Street Chch, tosser!!! All I did was open the pannier
    Sounds about right for that shop. Pleased you folks had a great time down here..... go Hampton Honda!

Bike
    Concours 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Triple View Post
    Sounds about right for that shop. Pleased you folks had a great time down here..... go Hampton Honda!
    Yea they guy was a little strange about us going anywhere near the thing for some reason, certainly wasnt happy when flynn opened the pannier to see how big the inside was. Shouldnt have had it in the showroom if he didnt want people to look at it.
    Hampton Honda on the other hand were very accomodating, sorted out the wifes VFR headlight on the spot and ordered us in a helmet for her to try. Didnt buy the helmet unfortunatly...

Bike
    VTR1000F
    Saw three bikes at Westport parked up on the other side of the road with tyres a little worse for wear. Bugger
    Next year ?

I hope that the event is not cancelled, I want the Tshirt.
    It was a really well run event, gutted that there was a fatality. Condolences to family and friends.
    Capital Cruise and TT2000 2012. Looking forward to my two big rides!

Bike
    Marsha, she won't see this
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Triple View Post
    Sounds about right for that shop, go Hampton Honda!
    My thoughts entirely, as meanie said, if they didn't want any one to look at it they should have had it out the back, it was on the show room floor, All I was doing was seeing if it was big enough to fit meanies favourite pillow in for the next TT

Seriously though, Congrats once again to Mike and team, I throughly enjoyed my time down there, my heartfelt condolences to the family or families involved in the accident.
    I seriously hope this is run again, because as we all know, it's bound to happen cause we're all human after all.
    Ashhurst Inn Apiti Scamper 2011
    $9000.00 RAISED, THANK YOU
    www.apitiscamper.co.nz

Bike
    2017 Honda Africa Twin
    I too hope it carries on, it's one of the best organised events I have been involved in, and is very achieveable through self management. Good on Mike for all his teams hard work and organisation. I feel chuffed as it appears from the results tonight that we are the only ones who completed flyers worth a trophy with a pillion! Great effort.

Bike
    2013 BMW R1200 GSA
    My TT2000 day two.
    The alarm when off moments after hopping into bed, got up and felt pretty crap, way to tired to ride the 1400Km that we had planned for the day, but what the hell , the pit crew made us bacon and eggs for brekkie and we are off.
    There were quite a few blerry eyes at the start line .6:00am and we are off, first flying stop is Motueka (6:21) Johan set a cracking pace through the back roads of Mot on the goldwing and yes it was time for another flier and a reciept at Springs Junction (08:29) , paid an arm and a leg for fuel ($41 to fill up) and Johan got the jump on me on the road to Karamea , it was great to give the busa a bit of a wind up , fuel stop at Westport and then the run through to Karamea , loved that road apart from the gravel part way through, always a nice surprise on a bike with a few horses available at the back wheel, gentle with the throttle through there. Photo at Karamea (11:05), gave Denniston a miss , i wanted to do that one but the maths did not allow it, we wanted the gold.
    A quick run through the coast and a photo stop at Punakiaki (13:21) no time to take in the sights got to keep moving, we are still on schedule when we hit BlackBall (14:03) and a pic outside the famous " formerly Blackball Hilton" some of the riders were stopped for lunch , wouldnt that be nice to have a break, next stop the pub at Ikamatua (14:33) some of the bikes were stopped there for a beer i looked longingly through the window, but we have only another 7 1/2 hours to go and 7 1/2 hours of road to travel.
    the flier to Kopara village is a must , there was a busa coming out as we cruised in, we got the thumbs up from him as he passed , and after riding that flier i could see why he looked as tho he was enjoying himself, got to stretch the legs of the busa on this run , lets see the goldwing try and stay with me on this bit. (15:11).Getting worried about the gold , it is all or nothing we will risk a DNF to capture that gold.
    The run past Hokatika was a nervious one we saw many coppers and the rader detector was paying for itself but of course it was still fingers crossed.
    Lake Mahingapua (16:38) a quick refuel at Hokatika and found the toilets closed , damn it riding with my legs crossed now too.
    Ran the gauntlet of the cop cars again and a photo at Kumara (17:09) The run through the Arthur pass was a quick one, love the way at Otira that the road was missing and replaced with a shingle pit.
    Fuel stop at Springfield an we knew we where going to struggle to finish, We have pretty much dicided that it is every man for themselves at this point, dont wait for anything, run for Methven and then Geradine , the long way round on the inland route , but we could push it a bit through here, My father was tacking us on my "spidertacks " tracking system and decided we were buggered and would not make it, Methven (19:50) , a crunchie bar at Geradine to get a reciept (20:40), the shopkeeper asked me if i wanted the reciept as i ran in and out of the shop, i felt like yelling at him just give me the reciept and forget about the crunchie, the look on Johans face said it all, we were not going to make it???
    I felt a bit bad as i flew past the goldwing to make my run for Rakaia, but we needed at least one of us to make it, i was suprised to see the gold wing put a burst of speed and match me in my sprint to the end.
    Rakaia (21:10) and all fuel stations closed , Johan made his run towards town hoping to make Rolleston with the fuel he had, i threw 5 litres from my reserve in to the tank and made my run, The traffic was pretty heavy but i knew we could make it now , i slowed at Rolleston as the wing was refueling , aparently Johan coasted the last 50 meters with a dead empty tank, we arrived togeather with a whole heap of time left, 10 mins.
    One of the 5 golds handed out to each of us.
    15 hours and 50 minutes 1400 plus Km
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3140018..JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	476.5 KB 
ID:	201079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNV31705..jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	537.5 KB 
ID:	201080  

Bike
    06 Bandit GSF 1200SK6
    awesome read and congrats .. you worked hard for that one and well deserved ..
    Have to Karma ... Justice catches up eventually !!

Thread Information