Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do?

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKiTtiExX View Post
    Who here gave up riding after popping out a sprog? If so, for how long? If you didn't, how did you deal with feeling like the worst parent ever (if you ever felt that way) when you left your sprog in someone elses care?

Thoughts/ideas appreciated.
    I stopped for 18 years while I had a bunch of kids. It's ok. You do what you have to and raising kids was my choice. YOu'll never lose the bug, its like malaria, might not get it for a while but it will come back.

Do you love that particular bike? if so keep it. If not then sell and buy something when you next get the bug
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by helenoftroy View Post
    Agree with you!
    I sold my bike when 8 months pregnant with my first-born,& it was 16 yrs before I had a bike again.....

In hindsight if I had just had an old dirt bike...anything! that I could have taken for a blast periodically I would have been very happy

Wasnt till I started riding again that I realised just how much joy I get from bikes, its like life is just better & I can deal with whatever happens

Suppose XxKiTtiExX - it depends how much you love riding bikes.....
    I was bikeless for a few years & totally agree, nothing quite like it. I'm really struggling to find the time to ride at the mo & have thought about selling it, but I will really struggle to replace it & it's not eating any meat. Bike stays. P.S. Their is nothing cooler than having memories of bikes from an early age. I can still remember the sound of a scramble when I was about 2 years old. Terrified me. Mom's on bike's are cool for the kid's.

Bike
    03 Tuono Racing,MotoFXR F4,DT175
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I was bikeless for a few years & totally agree, nothing quite like it. I'm really struggling to find the time to ride at the mo & have thought about selling it, but I will really struggle to replace it & it's not eating any meat. Bike stays. P.S. Their is nothing cooler than having memories of bikes from an early age. I can still remember the sound of a scramble when I was about 2 years old. Terrified me. Mom's on bike's are cool for the kid's.
    Lol! Yeah it is cool to have bike memories from childhood.....
    Scrambles! now theres a word from the past!....we are showing our age! I used to race motocross as a teenager

My youngest,Casualty(Sam) is 19 & has been riding since he was 13,hes an awesome rider,& its the most fantastic thing to ride with him & see his love for bikes too

Magic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeteey View Post
    You're very welcome darling. I do maintain that you could ride a rock and it would go quick!

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot
    Althoughmy firstborn was named after a bike, hes not interested. Neither is my 13yo #2 son. That is left to #3,my daughter who is currently 9.
    As far as the boys go, it's "Mum, motorbikes are for girls" and that is a quote from Mr13...would make a great slogan for the BKC!
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    Not having kids myself (but have 3 step kids), I think you still need time for YOU. I have no idea how or when you can fit it in, but somehow you have to fit it in. I just go, whenever the noise level gets too much, or the sheer amount of children overwhelms me. Just out the rego on hold and get back into it when you are ready.
    My friend had her kids on motorbikes as young as 5 (on 2 wheelers). So before you know it you can have the whole family riding!!

Thread Information