Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conti Attack 2

Bike
    DRZ400smK10 & Rm250k7
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
    Problem is, I need a 190 and they only had a 180 the rep had brought in.... so no new tyre before the weekend and guess I won't make it to Paeroa either

The Wellington branch has 2 X 190/50X17 CRA2 in stock!....which by courier, could still make to yr local by thur's to be fitted.

Could mean freight charge etc!...so ya prob need to talk some more smack to yr local
    Fook Yeah!...Me Got DRZ400sm Now!

& still can't spell for shit!

Bike
    EX500s - Ruby
    Hey, all good!
    No need to jump down my throat...I am just saying it is possible to save you some money by increasing your tyre life...you obviously don't need to, so just disregard my suggestion.
    No skin off my nose.
    Diarrhoea is hereditary - it runs in your jeans

If my nose was running money, I'd blow it all on you...

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by sosman View Post
    The Wellington branch has 2 X 190/50X17 CRA2 in stock!....which by courier, could still make to yr local by thur's to be fitted.

Could mean freight charge etc!...so ya prob need to talk some more smack to yr local
    Thanks for that info - was hoping that I'd get a special deal going through Five-Star here in Napier. But might have enough tread for the journey... depending on the weather - of course! But also, the V8's start this weekend, so tough choice too

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Well, good for him. I used a bridgestone before this one and only got 4,500 out of that - and don't think I've ever had more than 7,500 out of a tyre, even when I've had all my other bikes. So each to their own.
    Must be something about your riding style ... strange ... I thought Grub did extremely well when he realised he got 20,000 out of a set of his ... oh well as you say each to their own.
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty View Post
    Must be something about your riding style ... strange ... I thought Grub did extremely well when he realised he got 20,000 out of a set of his ... oh well as you say each to their own.
    Anyone who gets more than 10,000km out of a rear tyre on a 1000cc sportsbike/"superbike" should be riding something with less power. Many people would say 7000km is a good effort, but I don't want to offend too many people.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    2007 CB900
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    Anyone who gets more than 10,000km out of a rear tyre on a 1000cc sportsbike/"superbike" should be riding something with less power. Many people would say 7000km is a good effort, but I don't want to offend too many people.
    Well if you say so ... you will find it hard to offend Grub ... trust me ...
    Life is a gift that we have all been given. Live life to the full and ensure that you have absolutely no
    regrets.

For your parts needs:

http://www.motorcycleparts.co.nz/

Bike
    My Broomstick
    Blog Entries
    Mstrs & grub are the ones who are in the know so to speak, Both do allsorts (or did) of riding and Mstrs knows how to get value for money so i personally now i did say I PERSONALLY would listen to what they have to say......as for riding a bike with less power well id like to hear someone tell balzy that, we get more out of a tire and were 2 up
    DIRTY DEEDS DONE DIRT CHEAP

Don't wait for the perfect moment......Take the moment & make it perfect.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Bike
    GSXR 750 the wanton hussy
    This wee fella has done 6000kms - so far.
    Smooooth is where it's at. Read Sugilite's thread for clues...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-DSC01945.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	196869   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-DSC01944.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	196870  
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    2010 DC Skate Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeejunkie View Post
    Mstrs & grub are the ones who are in the know so to speak, Both do allsorts (or did) of riding and Mstrs knows how to get value for money so i personally now i did say I PERSONALLY would listen to what they have to say......as for riding a bike with less power well id like to hear someone tell balzy that, we get more out of a tire and were 2 up
    That's nice for you. I've met MSTRS before, he's a good guy. Not everyone likes to ride smooth, or slow (two different things), and thus not everyone gets good mileage out of their tyres. The fact remains that one rider will most likely get the same proportional use out of a set of tyres relative to another rider.

This thread is about whether it's worth the original poster giving a new to the market set of tyres a go based on how they will perform in terms of grip and mileage compared to their current brand/type. If you don't have anything useful to contribute on that fact then you don't need to post.

Conti 'sport' tyres have been known to not last quite as long as other 'leading brands' but they do however offer very good grip, quick warm up time, and are somewhat more forgiving than other similar tyres. They have been working on improving the longevity of their tyres and I believe they are making good progress of doing so without compromising the existing good characteristics of the tyre.
    KiwiBitcher
    where opinion holds more weight than fact.

It's better to not pass and know that you could have than to pass and find out that you can't. Wait for the straight.

Bike
    This thread is about whether it's worth the original poster giving a new to the market set of tyres a go or not.
    Kind of...
    With something new, the first users are always going to be guinea pigs, with no hope of knowing what they will find without just doing it.
    But the OP also commented how quickly she wore out a set of PR2s. Too quickly, in the opinions of many and certainly in mine.
    Do you realise how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt out of them?

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    That is not altogether true Mstrs. I thought I actually got very good mileage out of the PR2's. I used to get alot less from the Pirrellis I used to run on my SV650. and if you read correctly, only got 4,500 out of the BT014's. So, thought I had infact done well.

They have confirmed a very good rate for this new tyre to me and I am going to put them on and give them a go. I had a conversation with the rep and he indicated that the wear and tear have improved immensely with their technology and also the grip, esp in the wet. So I for one will look forward to trying these out.

Thanks for everyone who gave their opinion.......

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Conti 'sport' tyres have been known to not last quite as long as other 'leading brands' but they do however offer very good grip, quick warm up time, and are somewhat more forgiving than other similar tyres. They have been working on improving the longevity of their tyres and I believe they are making good progress of doing so without compromising the existing good characteristics of the tyre.
    Just took a Road Attack off the back of the buell. It was OK, never gave me any bad moments. 4000Km to canvas though.

Most of that did involve a trip to Invercargill and back, still, I get 6000 from a PP2, and twice that from a PR2.

I had a conversation with the rep and he indicated that the wear and tear have improved immensely with their technology and also the grip, esp in the wet. So I for one will look forward to trying these out.
    Let's know how they go eh? be good feedback since you've got my favourite Michelins as a baseline.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Just took a Road Attack off the back of the buell. It was OK, never gave me any bad moments. 4000Km to canvas though.

Most of that did involve a trip to Invercargill and back, still, I get 6000 from a PP2, and twice that from a PR2.

Let's know how they go eh? be good feedback since you've got my favourite Michelins as a baseline.
    Thats what I will be basing them on. I wouldn't put the pirrellis on the thou as I figured they would tear up too quick. But the rep very much assured me these will have a very similar if not better wear than the PR2's. So, I will report when on and riding.....

Bike

I got 7,500km out of the pilot road 2, which was quite amazing, and I really had good confidence in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSTRS View Post
    But the OP also commented how quickly she wore out a set of PR2s. Too quickly, in the opinions of many and certainly in mine.
    That is not altogether true Mstrs. I thought I actually got very good mileage out of the PR2's.
    Ah...all in the way one reads these things. You see, to a huge number of us who've had PR2s on, that is a very LOW mileage.
    Now, I can't say I've tried lots of different tyres, nor have I ever gone for really sticky road rubber, so I would expect to get 'reasonable' mileage out of my tyres. Z6s lasted a bit over 10,000kms on my old 1100, Pilot Sports lasted maybe 9,000kms on the 750 before I went to the PR2s and near doubled the range. However, I also changed my riding style (thanks Sugi) from squirt and brake to smoooth.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    I wouldn't put the pirrellis on the thou as I figured they would tear up too quick.
    My only experienc with Pirrellis (on teh road) was the Super Corsa's the R came with. They were very good when warmed up, bloody awfull cold, and took some fairly agressive riding to warm up. Accident waiting to happen in my particular case.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Thread Information