Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conti Attack 2

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Hey - someone stole the tread off the new tyres! Interesting that with each new tyre release they claim better wet handling/grip but have less tread! must be some fancy rubber.

Looks like it is a PR2 competitor, hopefully as good or if possible better (very impressed with my PR2's).

And smooth is the new fast.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Hey there guys,
    For those who are interested (that seems to be almost everyone !) here are some details on the Continental Road Attack 2.

The target for this tyre is the sports tourer market - those riders who want the best of both worlds as far as grip and durability go.
    CRA2 contains some unique technology disigned to give real world riders what they want - this tyre is very grippy, but not aimed at the racer market.

Here are some of the features, as well as a run down on what they do for you

Continuous compond - This is not a dual compoud tyre, but instead has a linear change from the middle of the tyre all the way to the outside. This gives long life in the centre, and a lot of grip on the shoulder, all without any step's in the compound. Basically it's all the advantages of dual compound, but without the behavioural change at the compound join.
    Traction Skin - the tyre has a special treatment that gives it an abraided finish straight from the factory, and with no release agent remaining in the surface.
    These things are all but ready to ride normally on straight away, which is a real bonus for those of us that hate running in new tyres. It's basically as close as you get to plug 'n play.
    You also get Black Chilli Compound, Activated Silica, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Bottom line, more dry grip, lots more wet grip, and very stable behaviour over the life of the tyre.

There has been a mojor update to the tread pattern, as well as a big change to the front tyre carcase, which now steers much better on the brakes.

All in all, this is a major upgrade to what was already a very good sports touring tyre, and contains technology that is unique to Continental.

I have spoken with one of the design team that built this tyre, and they are just fizzing about it. From what i understand, they are quite sure that they have built something special here, and the feedback we have from testing out here is that they are quite right !

You should go and check these out at a dealer - even if it's just to see how different they look and feel. Trust me, you'll know what I mean when you see one !

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    bla bla bla i bet they are still crap
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    Hey there guys,
    For those who are interested (that seems to be almost everyone !) here are some details on the Continental Road Attack 2.

The target for this tyre is the sports tourer market - those riders who want the best of both worlds as far as grip and durability go.
    CRA2 contains some unique technology disigned to give real world riders what they want - this tyre is very grippy, but not aimed at the racer market.

Here are some of the features, as well as a run down on what they do for you

Continuous compond - This is not a dual compoud tyre, but instead has a linear change from the middle of the tyre all the way to the outside. This gives long life in the centre, and a lot of grip on the shoulder, all without any step's in the compound. Basically it's all the advantages of dual compound, but without the behavioural change at the compound join.
    Traction Skin - the tyre has a special treatment that gives it an abraided finish straight from the factory, and with no release agent remaining in the surface.
    These things are all but ready to ride normally on straight away, which is a real bonus for those of us that hate running in new tyres. It's basically as close as you get to plug 'n play.
    You also get Black Chilli Compound, Activated Silica, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Bottom line, more dry grip, lots more wet grip, and very stable behaviour over the life of the tyre.

There has been a mojor update to the tread pattern, as well as a big change to the front tyre carcase, which now steers much better on the brakes.

All in all, this is a major upgrade to what was already a very good sports touring tyre, and contains technology that is unique to Continental.

I have spoken with one of the design team that built this tyre, and they are just fizzing about it. From what i understand, they are quite sure that they have built something special here, and the feedback we have from testing out here is that they are quite right !

You should go and check these out at a dealer - even if it's just to see how different they look and feel. Trust me, you'll know what I mean when you see one !

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerracer View Post
    Someone need a hug?

Always liked the Road Attacks but found the PR2 considerably better. Attack2 - sounds like they have upped the anti and now worth consideration.

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    Honda riders always want hugs

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    My only experienc with Pirrellis (on teh road) was the Super Corsa's the R came with. They were very good when warmed up, bloody awfull cold, and took some fairly agressive riding to warm up. Accident waiting to happen in my particular case.
    I used the Diablo Stradas as they came off my ex's racebike and found them really good. Never tried the corsa's. heard they're supposed to be great though

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
    I used the Diablo Stradas as they came off my ex's racebike and found them really good.
    Didn't like 'em in the winter herabouts. That's probably more of a comment about my riding than the tyres.

You're obvoiusly one of dem rooly rooly fasty chicks.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    Didn't like 'em in the winter herabouts. That's probably more of a comment about my riding than the tyres.

You're obvoiusly one of dem rooly rooly fasty chicks.
    One of the few out there

Bike
    Speed Triple 1050, '89 Spada
    At that price, maybe Continental should have called them the heart attack
    Quote Originally Posted by FlangMaster
    I had a strange dream myself. You know that game some folk play on the streets where they toss coins at the wall and what not? In my dream they were tossing my semi hardened stool at the wall. I shit you not.

Bike
    2007 GSX1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by davebullet View Post
    At that price, maybe Continental should have called them the heart attack
    Depends on the price you can strike up with your dealer.... and I have a great dealer

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    Still taking those angry pills I see . . . . . .
    How's the body holding up Jack ?

Bike
    gsx
    Might give em a go too

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishy View Post
    Still taking those angry pills I see . . . . . .
    How's the body holding up Jack ?
    I dont need pills to be angry you should no that.
    Yea body isnt so flash I went to a sports doctor yesterday as I have been having some trouble since the burt munro and it seems i have snapped the acl in my knee and need an op and some rehab shit and a silly brace on my leg for a while but I was a bit busy so I told him I will come back in april lol.
    At least I am not just getting old and soft like i thought

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R6
    At least I am not just getting old and soft like i thought
    No, you and me are different there . . . . . . .

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    I've been pretty happy with the last two sets of PR2's although I do notice that the front gets pretty scalloped pretty fast - like way before the rear is ready to retire.

Maybe next time round, I oughta try these noo fandangled conti heart attack 2's...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Thread Information