Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar picture nicking - it's just wrong!

Bike
    It's a Ninja,that's why you can't see it

Avatar picture nicking - it's just wrong!

A short while after joining KB I was most impressed with myself of choosing an avatar that people may possibly find nostalgic and slightly endearing. The avatar picture in question being "Animal" of the muppet show.

But I noticed a few weeks later that another member was using the exact same picture for his avatar as well. Co-iniki-dink I thought? "FUCK NO THE BASTARD HAD JUST PLAIN COPIED ME!"

But, aside from my own anger issues, I have noticed quite a few duplicate avatar pictures on this site.

This thread is more about peoples thoughts upon the copying of peoples avatars (for me I notice the avatar before th user Id so if there are duplicates sometimes I can mistake users).

I will start the thread off and say that anyone who copies someone elses' avatar picture comes over as someone who really has no personal imagination.

Come on people put a bit of effort in personalising your own avatar!

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry about it, Ludo's cuter anyway..... "Ludo scared"!

I do get where you're coming from, I kinda think of this avatar and the other LOTR one I use as being "mine", but I don't have copyright rights on them so there's bugger all I can do if some noob comes along and decides to use one of them..... except cry quietly into my cornflakes.

Bike
    A few
    Choosing Animal shows imagination ?
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Yeah that R18 Restricted is becoming pretty common

Easier to pick something no one else would want.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    A few
    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Yeah that R18 Restricted is becoming pretty common

Easier to pick something no one else would want.
    Hahahaha your a hoot !
    A girlfriend once asked " Why is it you seem to prefer to race, than spend time with me ?"
    The answer was simple ! "I'll prolly get bored with racing too, once i've nailed it !"

Bowls can wait !

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by sinfull View Post
    Hahahaha your a hoot !
    Nothing wrong with hooters!
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    1970 Vespa ss90
    Who the fuck is Ludo?

Bike
    '09 DR-Z400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by SS90 View Post
    Who the fuck is Ludo?
    Hairy guy who lives next door to Alice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    If I didn't have to answer to the wife and provide a certain level of comfort for the kids, I'd sell our house, buy a shed, fill it with toys, and live in the shed along side all my wicked shit.

Bike
    A chubby lollipop
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_weston View Post
    A short while after joining KB I was most impressed with myself of choosing an avatar that people may possibly find nostalgic and slightly endearing. The avatar picture in question being "Animal" of the muppet show.

But I noticed a few weeks later that another member was using the exact same picture for his avatar as well. Co-iniki-dink I thought? "FUCK NO THE BASTARD HAD JUST PLAIN COPIED ME!"

But, aside from my own anger issues, I have noticed quite a few duplicate avatar pictures on this site.

This thread is more about peoples thoughts upon the copying of peoples avatars (for me I notice the avatar before th user Id so if there are duplicates sometimes I can mistake users).

I will start the thread off and say that anyone who copies someone elses' avatar picture comes over as someone who really has no personal imagination.

I haven't seen anyone use mine but if they did I'd probably think the same as you; they lack imagination. However it could be said that imitation is the ultimate form of flattery.

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    You've got to admire the audacity of someone who finds and uses a photo on the internet, and then declares their own intellectual property rights over its use...
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    All of them
    Black pudding is very black t'day mooom.

Bike
    red one
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_weston View Post

Waaaaaah?

GTFOI FFS it's only the internet

Bike
    Baby Gixxer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SS90 View Post
    Who the fuck is Ludo?
    Shock! (lol) We just watched Labyrinth last night - you will find Ludo in there. It's quite a good family movie if you can get through the 80's dress sense.

I've thought about changing my avatar a few times, but like my Penelope Pitstop; plus no one is likely to want to snag her. The thing I like about the avatars is being able to see at a glance who has posted. Some of them are very well known (Katman's, Pussy's one, Boobs one, I LOVE Trudes' one - it cracks me up every time I see it). When other people start using them it's kinda like ID theft; as for all those pervs with R18s..........
    I lahk to moove eet moove eet...

Katman to steveb64
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I'd hate to ever have to admit that my arse had been owned by a Princess.

Bike
    Ducati V4S Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virago View Post
    You've got to admire the audacity of someone who finds and uses a photo on the internet, and then declares their own intellectual property rights over its use...

Exactly, and I doubt anyone on this site is remotely aware of the thousands of different avatars, nor do they scroll through every one to ensure it isn't already used.

He missed the point that they may niot have copied him at all, but merely uploaded a similar avatar from another site without realising that one of the many thousand KB members happened to have the same.

Bike
    Bandit
    My Avatar got nicked within hours of me starting to use it. To be fair to the guy that stole it, he left a green bling behind. He's a scouser and they are know for these kind of things.

I didn't own the picture in the first place so no complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    KB does not require a high standard of membership behavior.

Thread Information