Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No brake light!

Bike
    In between

No brake light!

I'm sitting my full later this afternoon, and I was checking my bike out last night (just as well) for faults. All the lights and levers work EXCEPT the break light when I pull on the front break hand lever???

Does anyone know where I should start looking for the fault. It's on a Hyosung GV250.

And before you start banging on about it being a Hyosung, I've herd it all before so don't bother, do a bit of self reflection and get over yourself. I need help and constructive advice to help me out of a jam!!! no fix means means no test!

I dont have time before my appointment to get it to a mechanic, I might be able to get it to a local auto sparky but if anyone wants to go and have a look its in Upper Hutt, theres a box of beers for anyone who can fix it and save my arse today??

Thanks in advance.
    www.icecard.co.nz

I.C.E Card Letting people know!

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    There is a small switch on the brake lever ... check it yourself. They can stick/get disconnected. Not really a major problem though ... when you use the front brake, tap the back one too ... If they dont notice, it dont matter ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    2014 Ducati Diavel
    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I'm sitting my full later this afternoon, and I was checking my bike out last night (just as well) for faults. All the lights and levers work EXCEPT the break light when I pull on the front break hand lever???
    I must admit to chortling at the thought of Hyosung owner saying "No break light!". I can see a small Korean fellow protecting his bike against the evil ravages of a Hell's Angel. No! You no break light!

As to your problem, no idea. But good luck both with the test and getting some workaround in place for that.

Bike
    1992 Suzuki GSX400
    Does it work when you apply the rear brake? If not is likely the bulb is blown.

Bike
    All of them
    Good luck and go for broke!

Worst comes to worst - use both brakes all the time in the test. You are supposed to do that anyway.

Does anyone know where I should start looking for the fault. It's on a Hyosung GV250.

And before you start banging on about it being a Hyosung, I've herd it all before so don't bother, do a bit of self reflection and get over yourself. I need help and constructive advice to help me out of a jam!!! no fix means means no test!

I dont have time before my appointment to get it to a mechanic, I might be able to get it to a local auto sparky but if anyone wants to go and have a look its in Upper Hutt, theres a box of beers for anyone who can fix it and save my arse today??

Thanks in advance.
    its a hyosung, you better scrap it and start again.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    RATS & RICE
    Blog Entries
    As FJ said sounds like the micro switch on the front break,they do tend to stick after a while........take it off and give it a good spray of CRC,there is a small hole on the switch that you can spray the CRC into

good luck with the test

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    Prick. I spat coffee on the monitor.

Bike
    In between
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    There is a small switch on the brake lever ... check it yourself. They can stick/get disconnected. Not really a major problem though ... when you use the front brake, tap the back one too ... If they dont notice, it dont matter ...
    THanks - that sounds like a good place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by no_8wire View Post
    Does it work when you apply the rear brake? If not is likely the bulb is blown.
    Yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by renegade master View Post
    Clearly you can't read - or your such an arrogant prick you can't see out your own arsehole. Never gets tired you arseholes that think your better than everyone else because in your mind you ride a bigget better bike. Pfft jerkoff!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogsnbikes View Post
    As FJ said sounds like the micro switch on the front break,they do tend to stick after a while........take it off and give it a good spray of CRC,there is a small hole on the switch that you can spray the CRC into

good luck with the test
    Thanks for the constructive helpfull info.
    www.icecard.co.nz

Bike
    2007 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Trust Renegade to diss Hyosung....

If I knew how to post pictures (can't be bothered figuring it out) I flick them up.

But visit www.hyosungmotorsusa.com click on the download section and find the manual for your bike.
    Read, Learn, Fix.

Hope that helps

Eyegasm

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1250FA, TGB 50cc moped
    I guess its really a "broke" light, not a "brake" light, and certainly a light that you can "break".

Good luck with your test...
    David must play fair with the other kids, even the idiots.

Bike
    In between
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyegasm View Post
    Trust Renegade to diss Hyosung....

If I knew how to post pictures (can't be bothered figuring it out) I flick them up.

But visit www.hyosungmotorsusa.com click on the download section and find the manual for your bike.
    Read, Learn, Fix.

Hope that helps

Eyegasm
    Yes and I bit like a big fish, still it never ceases to amaze me how people can be so quick to judge a complete stranger based on the bike they ride. Still I guess its easy to be brave when all you have to contend with is a faceless word on a screen.

Thanks for the info, I have a spare hour or so before the test so fingers crossed I can get the issue sorted.
    www.icecard.co.nz

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    I bet it's just a loose terminal on the front brake switch.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Yes and I bit like a big fish, still it never ceases to amaze me how people can be so quick to judge a complete stranger based on the bike they ride. Still I guess its easy to be brave when all you have to contend with is a faceless word on a screen.

Thanks for the info, I have a spare hour or so before the test so fingers crossed I can get the issue sorted.
    I like to do my part for the community.
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Clearly you can't read - or your such an arrogant prick you can't see out your own arsehole.
    I didn't realise these were mutually exclusive....
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Thread Information