Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tussock Buster 2010

Bike
    2010 gasgas 125
    I am looking forward to riding this year - our family better not spend ANY time in a hospital this time around!!!! My great sis in law has arranged the house, my sister is coming up to child mind part of it and I am wanting to do a bigger loop but don't know if I have the skills to do it - but still want to try. I wanted to head down early as on friday morning but end of month and have to many loans to settle up, so will be riding all day sat/sun and head back Monday. I am so looking forward to it!

Bike
    2008 YZ125 & 2006 KDX200 & 1983 XL250R
    The big loop isn't any harder than the other loops. Its just longer. Go for it!

Bike
    '07 YZ125
    You can come along with our crew to do the dam buster if you want company? Krad's right, it's not really harder, just longer. A few decent hills but I'd only had the RM for 3 rides last year when I did it, managed not to off myself, you'll be sweet!

Bike
    2010 gasgas 125
    Cool - I really want to do a longer loop. Let me know where you guys are at and will see about meeting up! Cheers

Bike
    2012 KTM 125sx
    Krad & S.P on the Saturday last year you done quite a few of the smaller loops aye & the dam one on the Sunday? What were the Saturday one's like. The Dam one is just too long for me - can't leave my kids that long. But there's plenty of different ones that'll be long enough for me i think.

Bike
    Last year we did the long loop on the Sat and the shorter ones on the Sunday. Planning on doing the same this year.
    Think we ended up doing 110km on the Sat. Came back from the long loop with the sun low on the horizon. Sun strike made navigation got a bit touch and go in places

RRider, SP will get in touch with you.

Bike
    2012 KTM 125sx
    Quote Originally Posted by krad_nz View Post
    Last year we did the long loop on the Sat and the shorter ones on the Sunday. Planning on doing the same this year.
    Think we ended up doing 110km on the Sat. Came back from the long loop with the sun low on the horizon. Sun strike made navigation got a bit touch and go in places

RRider, SP will get in touch with you.
    The shorter ones you did were they all alright - like not that hard or any major hills? Last year the plan was for John to come out on some with me & Rachel but that was ended within half hour of him riding. And this year he'll miss it completely

Bike
    Changes Weekly
    the boss finally caved and gave me the friday and the monday off. so looks like ill be riding on the friday as well as the saturday and sunday
    SHE LOOKED UP AT ME WITH BLOOD IN HER EYES
    THEN HER SKIN FELL OFF
    AND SHE PROMPTLY DIED
    IT WAS EBOLA, LA LA LA EBOLA

Bike
    I think a beginner may find some parts challenging, but do-able. From memory there were a couple of boggy bits and the odd hill climb. Definitely do-able.

Also there was a pretty straight forward loop with nothing major on it. I think John had his off on it though.

Bike
    2012 KTM 125sx
    Yeah we ended up doing that little basic loop. Well during the time we were around.

Bike
    '07 YZ125
    There was one we missed, can't remember what it was called, apparently the hill was quite bad, I think they ended up having people help out there. Marsden's post was one of the shorter loops we did and it was reeeally cool. Cut onto part of the main trail I think.

Bike
    2012 KTM 125sx
    Think i'll just hafta get out there & hope for the best haha. Surely someone will help if i get that stuck!

Bike
    2006 CR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikedPunch View Post
    There was one we missed, can't remember what it was called, apparently the hill was quite bad, I think they ended up having people help out there.
    yeah there was a steep downhill followed by a steep uphill. bikes piled up in all directions. i found a way around the pile up, but it was probably more difficult and steeper than the original tricky track- the only bonus was it was a clear run as far as bikes were concerned.... just not as far as massive holes in the ground and tussock bushes were concerned

Bike
    2012 KTM 125sx
    Quote Originally Posted by B0000M View Post
    yeah there was a steep downhill followed by a steep uphill. bikes piled up in all directions. i found a way around the pile up, but it was probably more difficult and steeper than the original tricky track- the only bonus was it was a clear run as far as bikes were concerned.... just not as far as massive holes in the ground and tussock bushes were concerned
    Do you remember the name of it? Will mark it as one to avoid lol

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    The track with the hard hill that couldnt be avoided, as far as i know, was the Tussock Trail. The track wasa pretty boring really, and with that hill it was just a pain, plenty of kids on little bikes struggling to get up and getting in the way..
    we may just go where no ones been

Thread Information