Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1050585960

Thread: My KTM 690 Adventure

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
    Am looking at all options for my next bike and am very curious about the Husky TR650 Terra (mainly because the price is quite appealing) but don't know much about them. Can anybody out there give me some feedback on it - good, bad or indifferent?

I understand the fuel range is in the vicinity of 300-320k's, is this correct?

What's the power delivery like?

DIY servicing - valve checks?

How comfy is the seat? Prefer it didn't have the cutaway but that can be fixed with a seat concepts.

Suspension seems to be and issue, mainly with the front forks which are non adjustable and quite soft?
    There's a guy on my site/facebook group that has one, he raves about it. There's a few handy mods that can be don apparently
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    '08 KTM 690E
    Husky 650 - heavier, slower, comfier - had also thought about them but they would just be nice... Not exciting as the 690 so you get annoyed as everything will be less than what you had. Get the 690, or project build ktm500 or wr450...now that you are older and more busted than before perhaps lighter would be good... Yet still powerful? That's where I'm going Once the 690 gets done
    ...back in the saddle, and getting a little!

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
    There's a guy on my site/facebook group that has one, he raves about it. There's a few handy mods that can be don apparently
    Thanks Eddie, I'm not on FB but would like to chat with him....would he mind me emailing him if you PM his address?

Quote Originally Posted by vegeman View Post
    Husky 650 - heavier, slower, comfier - had also thought about them but they would just be nice... Not exciting as the 690 so you get annoyed as everything will be less than what you had. Get the 690, or project build ktm500 or wr450...now that you are older and more busted than before perhaps lighter would be good... Yet still powerful? That's where I'm going Once the 690 gets done
    I don't know modding an EXC500 for adventure use is really a good idea but I have come VERY close to trying it. Lack of a cush drive, the seat, fuel tank, wind protection, load carrying need to be sorted - seems an expensive journey to make an 50/50 DS bike. The 690 was awesome but not prepared to spend that $$$$ again.

A softer dual sport and a 250 Freeride might be a good mix?
    ....wherezz that track go

Bike
    '08 KTM 690E

i guess we are back to defining 'adventure'

For instance, TAT ride or perhaps rides greater than 2000k's or when ave speed is more on the higher side...then big bore singles ie 690. For shorter hops and where adventure riding is more on the single trackish type then the 450/500 platform.

I just watched the motonomad aussie boys ride their ktm500 from Austria to Egypt being 7000k's and they took the harder routes and the pushed the service intervals way up.

Just thinking about doing some different after the 690...don't know if I could go to comfy tho and it's all assuming there is an after 690, (might just get need to get both). Festy's done it right...he's bought a WR450, YZ450, YZ250, Husky Sm650, KTM360 2-stroke, triumph Daytona and a ZX10 for kicks...there maybe more but that's what you can do when you have money, and a bachelors life
    ...back in the saddle, and getting a little!

Bike

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    I know a bloke in Palmyvagas that's building a BMW version of that, pretty amazing!

Bike
    KTM 950ADV,DR750,APRILIA TUONO ,YZ290F
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazz View Post
    You need to build one of these by the looks
    The top one not for looks (would be hiding that around the back)

Bottom one, o yer muma

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    I know a bloke in Palmyvagas that's building a BMW version of that, pretty amazing!
    Is that Gerard, or someone else?
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Is that Gerard, or someone else?
    yep he's been building it for quite a while

Bike
    94 & 98 BMW GS1100
    yep he's been building it for quite a while
    You know how it is good things take time. Just about finished making a reservoir to fit the fuel pump outside the tank. Time to start the plumbing throttle cables wiring and try firing it up. All a little fiddly especially making fittings and such from billet material. But still enjoying every little milestone.

GSers

PS how you going up there Marty

Bike
    uKTM Tiger 800xc
    Quote Originally Posted by GSers View Post
    You know how it is good things take time. Just about finished making a reservoir to fit the fuel pump outside the tank. Time to start the plumbing throttle cables wiring and try firing it up. All a little fiddly especially making fittings and such from billet material. But still enjoying every little milestone.

GSers

Mate, it will be a momentous occasion when ya get to crank her up! You've put in some hours on it and it looks so professional - like ya know what ya doing even

I'm still mending. Going to see a neurologist next month so hopefully sort out the headaches, but there's never been much to look at in my main frame - he will likely find the wheel is spinning but the hamster has scarpered.....maybe the SD card from my Gopro is lodged in there some where, never did find it?

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by GSers View Post

GSers

About time we had another picture

Bike
    94 & 98 BMW GS1100
    About time we had another picture
    Thread Hijack Hi Eddie not that much has changed in the big picture but little things that have to work are taking shape inside

See you out there again soon

GSers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inj Hold.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	300321  

Thread Information