Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it only me?

Bike
    Geriatric Kwakas + dragqueen hyperscoot

Is it only me?

or has this happend to other women?

I've been going along on regular rides with a couple of bunches of riders. By far the majority are males of various vintages. Several times I have had the riders pointedly making reference to their wives when it really wasnt part of the conversation. In one case, one of them felt needful to tell me outright that going out riding was in fact 'not a date'

What the fuck? I am riding with these folk because I like riding in a group and need the onroad time to improve my appalling skill level. NOT i repeat NOT to try and hook up with someone.

I was puzzled as to why they would feel the need to do this. Then I was mortified that I may have been doing something that would make them think I was interested in them rather than the riding. Now Im just plain f****n pissed off.

To the point where I am seriously considering not joining in anymore. FFS, I assume they are there to ride, what the hell makes them think they are so f****n attractive that I would be distracted from my desire to ride and overcome with desire for them?

Is it just that my startling resemblance to a old knobbly spud is so marked that they feel the need to say 'gross, I find you unattractive" Again that would come back to them having the unbelievable attitude that they are so attractive that I would fling myself at them. er...not even

Is this a common reaction from males toward us homely females? Can I assume the pretty ones don't get this type of reaction? Or is it just that they can't believe that a mature woman would be so keen on riding that she would actually be keen on riding?

What do you think is going on?
    anyway, I feel better for having had a rant. Off to work.
    Last edited by chanceyy; 16th March 2010 at 13:28. Reason: fix size of NOT
    feralconnection Ltd
    Leather lettering and seat rebuilds
    Gear alterations and repairs
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    reverse psychology maybe?

c'mon.....name and shame
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't argue with the pigs, man. They'll tap your phones and steal your weed and make your old lady do things she won't do for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Sexually transmitted diseases are one thing, sexually affected carnage is something else entirely. Ladies, if his cock's that small that he's prepared to put you at risk for a root, look elsewhere. Seriously.

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Hasn't happened to me...must be just you, Ratti...Oh hang on, you said "other women" didncha? Could be something in that...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    the best one
    You said you ride out with males mainly. That makes you a minority, minorities always get picked on. If you had more females in the group I'm sure you wouldn't get those comments. I'm sure it'd happen to a guy riding with a group of chicks

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilia_RS250 View Post
    I'm sure it'd happen to a guy riding with a group of chicks
    Errrmmmm..where does one find such a ride then, eh?
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    coming soon...again
    I cant say ive ever had this happen to me,i have heard of it happening to a friend but id say its just arrogance? with a couple of the boys its an ego thing...HOLD THE PHONE: before you boys start your target practice im only saying that SOME boys get a bit like this majority of you are very respectful to us.
    Ratti dont let it get to you. have a rant and go for a ride
    "It takes more love to share the saddle than it does to share the bed..."

Bike
    dei imperiale donna
    Hi Ratti, there could be several answers to this:

Guys feel overawed by single chicks on bikes - need to set the boundaries early
    they have been following your cougars thread (no disrespect intended)

i have ridden with lots of guys - they all very well behaved. Their partners always come into the conversation. Why not? they are a part of their lives. I am sure its not a mechanism to let anyone know they are not interested.

dont give up on the rides, but get into some girlie rides (i know you been trying to organise them). Much more fun, no competitiveness, and lots of great gossip at the end.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackstig View Post
    reverse psychology maybe?

c'mon.....name and shame
    Jeepers Stig... These guys are married...I have way to much respect for the Sisterhood to EVER go there

Won't name and shame as I am sure they wouldnt go there either. Its the sheer bloody arrogance of the sods to feel the need to cut off an assumed interest that does not exist.

Friggen tossers. mutter. mutter.
    feralconnection Ltd
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    coming soon...again
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
    Much more fun, no competitiveness, and lots of great gossip at the end.
    oh! if that includes coffee im in!
    "It takes more love to share the saddle than it does to share the bed..."

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasi View Post
    Hi Ratti, there could be several answers to this:

Guys feel overawed by single chicks on bikes - need to set the boundaries early
    they have been following your cougars thread (no disrespect intended)

i have ridden with lots of guys - they all very well behaved. Their partners always come into the conversation. Why not? they are a part of their lives. I am sure its not a mechanism to let anyone know they are not interested.

dont give up on the rides, but get into some girlie rides (i know you been trying to organise them). Much more fun, no competitiveness, and lots of great gossip at the end.
    aaah, yes the cougar thread... it is way disprespectful that thread! *giggle*

I can see that partners would be a normal part of conversation sometimes, but the one who felt the need to point out 'this is not a date' ???? WTF was that about?

Womens rides rock! Pootled up to Paraparaumu on SUnday morning. Had coffee and breakfast at Maccas with a great lady and am keen to do so again. In the absence of that type of ride tho, I'm stuck with male dominated rides. I'm going to start wearing the promise ring my husband gave me. Flash it around and it should stop any such discussions happening. Maybe? hope so anyway.
    feralconnection Ltd
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    Black Ninja
    I have had this happen, not so much with group rides, I dont' do groups, but in other social areas. I have always believed their reasoning behind mentioning the wife and kids is not so much to put me off but more to remind themselves that they are married as they attracted to me..
    ....could be you just way too hot and they need cooling down with a reality check.

As to the this is not a date, maybe he is trying to flatter himself that you find him attractive. They are just boys on the inside and when left to their own devices they, well, they really struggle with the whole communication thing! dont' take it to heart, just ride better than they do.

Bike
    Noire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratti View Post

I can see that partners would be a normal part of conversation sometimes, but the one who felt the need to point out 'this is not a date' ???? WTF was that about?

Womens rides rock! Pootled up to Paraparaumu on SUnday morning. Had coffee and breakfast at Maccas with a great lady and am keen to do so again. In the absence of that type of ride tho, I'm stuck with male dominated rides. I'm going to start wearing the promise ring my husband gave me. Flash it around and it should stop any such discussions happening. Maybe? hope so anyway.
    Is it worth getting a ladies ride group together - working with your local Motorcycle Shop? (Assuming their isn't already local lady groups)

My local - Bayride (ROCKS!) who tend to get involved in the community with different events anyway, run a pretty good ladies group that was featured in the latest BRM, there's a thread in here I believe?

EDIT: Here 'tis..http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...=bayride+babes
    ter·ra in·cog·ni·ta
    Achievement is not always success while reputed failure often is. It is honest endeavor, persistent effort to do the best possible under any and all circumstances.
    Orison Swett Marden

Bike
    Hell Genie, i wish I was hot! reality check in the mirror tho says 'NOT" LOL. My friends dont care, they think I'm gorgeous cos of what and who I am.

I might find him attractive?? gag choke I was there to ride, not to pick him up....why would such a thought even cross his mind?
    feralconnection Ltd
    PM me and lets talk
    !

Bike
    dei imperiale donna
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratti View Post

yes - the cougar thread had me fair swooning in my chair some nights. Was not for the faint hearted and left me all hot and bothered at times. heehee!!

No - the date comment definately an inappropriate comment, but thats guys for yah.

So - looks like we need to get that womens ride group up and riding

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Cheer up.
    Its cos they think your a hot mamma.
    I once blurted out "I'M MARRIED!", completely irrelevant to the conversation.......but the hot red head did not mind this at all, so I continued talking about Market Position......while still staring at her tits.
    Us men a simple creatures.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Thread Information