Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwibiker Name/number register.

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankMe
    Isn't this what user notes are for? It can only be viewed by senior members.

If you want extra functionality added or the layout changes, let me know exactly what you need.

That's what I thought.

Frosty, really a smarter idea would be for people to take responsibility for themselves and insure that sort of information is in their wallet (or something else always on their person). It's not just on a ride that this information could be handy to complete/semi strangers.

Having it all stored on a forum is only of use if you have access at the time. Not really much help in the middle of nowhere.

Doesn't have to be flash just write the important details on a credit size piece of card.
    Hayden - Evidence that even the mediocre can achieve great things.

((U+C+I) x (10-S))/20 x A x 1/(1-sin(F/10))

Bike
    GSX-R1000
    Good idea, but if on a group ride, we wait for someone to turn up, & they don't, then what? Maybe some type of registration for group rides, and everyone carries a cellphone.
    We can then at least call or text missing riders, & have emergency contact info off the rego sheet. Maybe we all have a card with details, give to a nominated person, then retrieve it at the end of each ride?

Bike
    2005 kawasaki zxr636
    Frosty Where do we post these details?
    "Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted, nor to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider."

Bike
    Ducati M750/ MotoFXR
    Isn't this what user notes are for? It can only be viewed by senior members.

If you want extra functionality added or the layout changes, let me know exactly what you need.
    Excellent idea Frosty. Spankme, my question is can admins search for a name to see if they are a member? IE if a biker dies/ is injured and their name is published in the paper, is it possible for admins to quickly search for that name in the user notes to see if they are a KB member?
    My daughter telling me like it is:
    "There is an old man in your face daddy!"

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Tony B I think you just really nailed my point
    Quick question here folks
    Not being egotistical but Id saY Im a fairly High profile KBer
    Whats My name?? ---Who Would you call if i was badly injured??
    Where do I live?? --Whats my phone number??

Don't post it here -but honestly how many of these questions can you answer and would you have that info if i crashed and needed help?

I agree regarding personal responsibility -all good -Im suggesting we are a community that maybee could care a bit for one another
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    I have added the following private fields to your profiles. Up to you which fields you wish to fill out.

Actual name
    Home phone
    Mobile phone
    Work phone
    Home address

These member profile fields can only be viewed by members of the KB Inner Circle group. You can request to join this group from your group membership’s page in your User CP. This request needs to be approved by the group leaders who will be sent an email upon your request.

Currently only FROSTY is a group leader, but we will need group leaders from Wellington and the South Island.

Bike
    BMW K1200R
    I have added the following private fields to your profiles. Up to you which fields you wish to fill out.

Actual name
    Home phone
    Mobile phone
    Work phone
    Home address

These member profile fields can only be viewed by members of the KB Inner Circle group. You can request to join this group from your group membership’s page in your User CP. This request needs to be approved by the group leaders who will be sent an email upon your request.

Currently only FROSTY is a group leader, but we will need group leaders from Wellington and the South Island.
    Thank you Spank.

Is there any chance of fields for an emergency contact name and number?
    We're all fucked. I'm fucked. You're fucked. The whole department is fucked. It's the biggest cock-up ever. We're all completely fucked.
    -Sir Richard Mottram

Bike
    none
    Um this maye be a silly idea but would it be possible to Pm group leaders to get contact info of people that will be on a ride? Like say MR or Feint or someone sets up another ride would they be able to get the info for those that will be along for the ride. List online is great but it would be better if it was more readilly accessable when out and about on a ride.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Thanks a million Spank thats totally top ho
    Could we please add an emergency contact name/number feild as well.??
    Somehow what Id like to do is pull down a hard copy That can be carried around so its instantly available.
    Im thinking that we;re not near a puter a lot of the time but we usually have our wallets on us.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    Thanks a million Spank thats totally top ho
    Could we please add an emergency contact name/number feild as well.??
    Somehow what Id like to do is pull down a hard copy That can be carried around so its instantly available.
    Im thinking that we;re not near a puter a lot of the time but we usually have our wallets on us.
    That's why I was sugesting having it so that a ride orginaizer can email you Frosty or another leader of the group to get the info on those attending the ride.

Sever
    Now and forever

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Weylander I get ya point but mine is that some possibly many folks aint comfortable giving out their personal info for all and sundry to see.
    They (I hope) would be comfortable giving that info when they know very few people have direct access to that info and that those that do will use that info with total discression.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    Weylander I get ya point but mine is that some possibly many folks aint comfortable giving out their personal info for all and sundry to see.
    They (I hope) would be comfortable giving that info when they know very few people have direct access to that info and that those that do will use that info with total discression.
    Ok fair enough. I don't see how that doesn't work with what I said. Just ride orginizers and only the numbers and stuff of people goin on that particular ride. But this is your baby so I'll back out. Just ask me if you need any help.

Sever
    Now and forever

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Mate never back out or back down !!!!
    How dya think The KB trackday worked so well??
    Cosa guys like you giving suggestions be they negative or positive
    I aint blowin smoke up ya ass -An Idea stays just that untill people grab hold of it and make it real

Bike
    Ducati M750/ MotoFXR
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneChucker
    But, I'm a pretty trusting person, and my numbers in the phone book (so user notes are no different) so who really cares I guess.
    True, but then it doesn't say "owns a VERY clean late model R1" in the phone book either. Hate to see it get stolen.
    My daughter telling me like it is:
    "There is an old man in your face daddy!"

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Having slept on this Heres a concern I have.
    This here aint a popularity contest its all about looking out for one another in the best way possible.
    If we do things this way then the trusted members need to be the members most able to assist.
    Criteria being- access to a phone most of the time and avaiability to talk and assist.

Thread Information