Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiwibiker Name/number register.

Bike
    Honda PC800

Kiwibiker Name/number register.

Guys and gals I propose as soon as possible a list of ALL willing KB'ers be drawn up.
    The List will have on it.
    KB handle,Real name, Contact numbers and your choice of first contact in event of a misshap.
    In the case of people like myself who are offering assistance (recovery vehicle etc) This info will also be on file and with their permission given out to the stranded/broken down KB'er
    This information will be held ONLY BY KEY KB'ers so it won't just be given out willy nilly to everyone.(protecting the individuals privacy)
    The way this info would be used is that The contact details of the key KBers will be available to one and all, If ya have a problem you will call one of the I'd suggest 6 spread throughout NZ
    They willl have the contact details etc of ALL KB'ers and will get the people needed to contact the KB'er in trouble.

Heres another angle on this thing.
    What if we have an official KB club card ?Like a club membership card.
    On it would be KB name/real name/phone number/contact person and phone number.
    It would be credit card sized and would have the KB logo on the back.
    The way it works is that at the start of a ride the ride leader is handed everybodys club card.End of ride they get handed back.
    ride leader would hand his card to tail end charlie
    It would be an official KB card and would be propperly laminated up and would cost say $5.00 per card --profit going to site upkeep.
    The card would also be cool as an ID for getting KB discounts at shops that are offering discounts to KB members.
    Being an official type Id it would need total aproval by spank as Im suggesting that the back be a shrunk down KB logo
    I think having key contact people still has merit -In that they could act as liason between the willing to help and the needing help people

Last edited by FROSTY; 15th May 2005 at 08:39.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    05 R6 & 89 GSXR250
    Good shit! Whats the easiest way of everyone giving their details? Normal email?

Bike
    Awsome.

I was wondering about this.
    soo. PM them to you for now you think? thats a hefty task. can Spank Me install a module on the forums to do it for you?
    I only posted this because of the global economic crisis

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    i thought there was something like this already in place, just hadn't been updated for a while..

Something like a simple Excel spreadsheet should suffice. That can also be used to populate data should it ever need to be too.. Or can be automated to be updated etc. The data can still be kept secure if needs be..

Bike
    Honda PC800
    BJ -waaaay over my head -that excel shite---Yea Im sure spank can help--please pretty please.
    To answer ya question --The KBers willing to help list is readily available but Im talking ALL active KBers -not to offer assistance more in case of emergency be it theyve broken down,gone missing from a group ride,crashed or --well you know I don;'t have to go into detail.

I think one important point is that it WONT be like the current easily accessed list .
    It will be held by certain well trusted KBers and they alone will have the info available to them
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrocam
    Awsome.

I was wondering about this.
    soo. PM them to you for now you think? thats a hefty task. can Spank Me install a module on the forums to do it for you?
    I'm hoping itll be possible to have it able to be self manageed info wise--Ie anyone can imput data into the list --Well Im hopeful

Bike
    '07 CBR1000RR
    i would be keen to help if need be... my work computer has a high speed internet connection with all the office programmes that we could need so no dramas.

good idea frosty... ill would put my name on that list.
    yeah... sorry bro, i thought that ment miles 'n hour.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    The details are in my profile notes.

That's a good starting place. If everyone puts it in there, I'm sure that Spankme to run a query of some sort to extract the details from that entry.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Jim mate I feel given recent events we need to go a little bit deeper--ie emergency contact person/number
    possibly it could be dragged outa notes

Bike
    Your Face
    It's a good idea..
    The world will look up and shout "Save Us!", and I'll whisper "no"

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Isn't this what user notes are for? It can only be viewed by senior members.

If you want extra functionality added or the layout changes, let me know exactly what you need.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    Jim mate I feel given recent events we need to go a little bit deeper--ie emergency contact person/number
    possibly it could be dragged outa notes
    That's what is in my User Notes.

Bike
    none
    Puting them in user notes would work but what do you do if you don't know thier handle? Though I guess it could work and have the person who orginizes the rides print out the list with the details on them so that they can take it with them on the ride. That way if something happens they can just pull it out and start calling rather than waiting till access to a computer or texting somebody who might be able to hop online to get it.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    Sweet Fcuk All
    I'm all for this idea, but another idea to consider is just having something on you, like a business card of sorts. The thing about user notes, is that it's relatively easy to become a senior member, just a matter of time.

But, I'm a pretty trusting person, and my numbers in the phone book (so user notes are no different) so who really cares I guess.

Bike
    none
    Maybe putting it as a sticky in the Mods Forum?

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Thread Information