Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Kiwibiker Name/number register.

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk
    Can you make so we can allow only Inner Circle members to get the vCard download?
    New option added to User CP.

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    Im reallly not sure where to go with this one. -I really think the basic idea is good. The ID card thing non compulsury has apeal to me
    The basic idea is great and I am all for it. But I think a lot of us joined the KB family because its not a club per se......i.e. no club politics etc etc. Its come along for a ride and meet some cool people kinda community. Doesnt mean we dont care but...oh hell maybe I over think!

My main concern which has already been aired (I know) is that this could see the end of the "I going for a ride tomorrow any one come along meet me at....." I hope this wont be the case.

Bike
    None any more
    While KB may not be a "club", it shouldn't be taken for granted either. Please note the Paypal link on the home page and make a contribution to the costs of running it. I am sure Spankme would appreciate any and all provisions.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    While KB may not be a "club", it shouldn't be taken for granted either. Please note the Paypal link on the home page and make a contribution to the costs of running it. I am sure Spankme would appreciate any and all provisions.
    I am a bit annoyed that you would think that from my comment I would take it for granted. I support as many rides that have donations going back to the site as I can. I for one dont feel comfortable sending money over the cyberspace without knowing it has been received in the right place. If SpankMe wants to post a bank account?

This thread was not about that at all.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck
    I am a bit annoyed that you would think that from my comment I would take it for granted. I support as many rides that have donations going back to the site as I can. I for one dont feel comfortable sending money over the cyberspace without knowing it has been received in the right place. If SpankMe wants to post a bank account?

This thread was not about that at all.
    And my comment wasn't aimed at you. I know many people who contribute to "the cause" in other ways.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    After thinking about it I now do not think controlling access to members private profile fields by using a group whose join ability is controlled by one or two members is a good idea. It sounds too much like a club which KB is not and never will be. Also as the group gets bigger not everyone is going to agree with who should join or want all the groups members’ access to their private info.

So a better idea I think is to have access to members private profile fields controlled by the buddy list system. This gives each individual member their own control over access to their info. I will work on this later and will create a new thread explaining it when finished.

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    For those that want some info/id/contact card. check out Biker Tagz. No site organization needed. Each member can just order their own.

Just like in the war movies, I can just see the rider organizer yanking the extra tag from the unconscious/dead bikers neck before continuing on the ride.

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED

I.C.E or NoK

A Cambridge-based (UK) paramedic has launched a national campaign with Vodafone to encourage people to store emergency contact details in their mobile phones.``Bob Brotchie, a clinical team leader for the East Anglian Ambulance NHS Trust, hatched the plan last year after struggling to get contact details from shocked or injured patients.

By entering the acronym ICE – for In Case of Emergency – into the mobile’s phone book, users can log the name and number of someone who should be contacted in an emergency.

The idea follows research carried out by Vodafone that shows more than 75 per cent of people carry no details of who they would like telephoned following a serious accident.``Bob, 41, who has been a paramedic for 13 years, said: “I was reflecting on some of the calls I’ve attended at the roadside where I had to look through the mobile phone contacts struggling for information on a shocked or injured person.

“It’s difficult to know who to call. Someone might have “mum” in their phone book but that doesn’t mean they’d want them contacted in an emergency.``“Almost everyone carries a mobile phone now, and with ICE we’d know immediately who to contact and what number to ring. The person may even know of their medical history.”

The campaign was launched this week by Bob and Falklands war hero Simon Weston in association with Vodafone’s annual Life Savers Awards.

Vodafone spokesperson Ally Stevens said: “The Life Savers Awards already demonstrate, through practical example, the important role a mobile phone can play when minutes matter in an emergency.``“By adopting the ICE advice, your mobile will now also help the rescue services quickly contact a friend or relative – which could be vital in a life or death situation.”

The campaign is also asking people to think carefully about who will be their ICE partner - with helpful advice on who to choose - particularly if that person has to give consent for emergency medical treatment.

Bob hopes that all emergency services will promote ICE in their area as part of a national awareness campaign to highlight the importance of carrying next of kin details at all times.

He said the idea was for the benefit of loved ones as well as the patient.

“Research suggests people recover quicker from the psychological effects of their loved one being hurt if they are involved at an earlier stage and they can reach them quickly," he added.

He said he hoped mobile phone companies would now build the ICE contact into future models, adding: "It's not a difficult thing to do. As many people say they carry mobile phones in case of an emergency, it seems natural this information should be kept there."
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Bike
    Honda PC800
    What a bloody good Idea slim
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Triumph Daytona 650 in RED
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY
    What a bloody good Idea slim
    Shamelessly copied from another forum of course.
    "Women & cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." Bruce Graham

Thread Information