Thread: Help in Wellington?

Bike
    04 Kawasaki 636, 03 Kawasaki KRR

Help in Wellington?

Looking for a mech in Wellington! , My 636 has developed a 'loose feeling' at low speeds. Happened after I locked up the back coming into Pram , some nutcase pulled out onto the motorway right in my path and I just panicked .

Bike
    2008 R6
    Can't help you with the mech, but man I'm racking my brain here and can't really figure out how your bike would get "loose" by locking up the rear wheel. ... as in the steering is feeling sloppy or the handlebars moving side by side more freely?

Consider checking in with a suspension guy too.

First thing I would do this is check to make sure your nuts and bolts are all tight on wheels and suspension bits.... plus check tire pressure.... but I don't see that starting after a wheel lock up.... now vibration, that would be flat spot most likely.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    One possibility is the rear axle wasn't done up tight & the application of brake pulled the wheel out of adjustment. If the wheel is out by 3-4mm the bike will weave left to right at slow speeds. Or check steering bearings. Take to shop if in doubt. I assume the tyre doesn't show damage or you would have stated that.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information