Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda cb1300 x4

Bike
    1998 honda 1300cb x4

Honda cb1300 x4

Any Honda cb1300x4 riders out there? This model as far as I know was only exported from Japan to Germany I would be interested to know how any owners rate the bike and would also be interested in talking with anyone who owns one of these bikes. My model is a 1998 and am really enjoying it.
    Cheers

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Just out of interest,

how heavy are they and do they take much riding due to the weight?
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V

Smile

Never seen one around Perth. Rare as the proverbial hens teeth I reckon.

Marty
    Marty

Ever notice that anyone slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Well.

there is one for sale on trademe and its been there for quite some time now...
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    1998 honda 1300cb x4

honda x4

http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Honda/2001/X%204/
    This will have all the info on this model I had a honda 750v4 before and found it a little high . the x4 is a lot lower and so real easy to ride .extra weight no problem. this bike is a bute to ride even in slow traffic (2 up). overtaking is a breeze - no need to change down with so much torque 121 nm (89.2 ft.lbs)@5000 rpm

nice cruiser. pics on my profile
    Cheers

Bike
    i read a review on this bike a week or more back wayne gardner was on it and said it was a good all round bike he loved it

Bike
    1998 honda 1300cb x4

Question review

where did you find the review?thanks

Bike
    None any more
    White Trash rode one to Flyin's funeral. Silver, with a fly screen. Probably why he's moving to Auckland...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    1997 CB1300 X4

X4Rider CHCH

Hey Graeme--just reg'ed here. Any more useful info on "X4"--hard to find --eh?
    Ian

Bike
    1997 HONDA X4
    Quote Originally Posted by nz rider View Post
    Any Honda cb1300x4 riders out there? This model as far as I know was only exported from Japan to Germany I would be interested to know how any owners rate the bike and would also be interested in talking with anyone who owns one of these bikes. My model is a 1998 and am really enjoying it.
    Cheers
    Have owned one of these bikes now for about a year, was not intending to buy a honda but after the first ride i was sold. Very comfortable and really fell for the look of the bike thou i have changed a few things since purchase.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Would I be right thinking the current CB1300 engine is a version of that engine?

It looks like it has the identical engine to the Honda Big One.

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    Rode both CB1300 and X4 in Thailand this year

no comparison X4 horrible except on open roads where it was OK
    CB1300 good bike even in traffic

These bikes were not new and not necessarily maintained well
    But I wouldn't ride a X4 again (rode 2 of them) but it was hard choice between my new Bandit and the Cb1300
    price was the big decider
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    1997 honda x4

x4 owner wellywood

Quote Originally Posted by nz rider View Post
    Cheers
    Hi I have one in Wellington, Im a well healed rider and owned many bikes over the 30 + years of riding, I saw this thing for sale on trade me and thought it looked interesting so had a look and threw my short leg over ( I have two short legs not just the one... although the misses says I have three short legs but thats another story ) and it fit me perfectly like no other bike I've ridden. Fired her up, she has two brothers pipes on it and sound better than an inline four should sound! then went for a blast..... well these things are restricted to 100 hp with a rev and speed limiter but man these things have torque and in a straight line was very impressive, I noted the rear shocks were naf and the fork oil could probably with changing with my boots and pegs touching down too easily but what a very comfortable impressive bike.
    we agreed on a very reasonable price and home she went. new shocks fork oil and she is transformed, if you have ridden one and didn't like it then ride a good one..... super comfortable one up and two up, the misses loves it too as the pillion is quite elevated. not too many around and has presence, where ever I stop people look at her.
    And heres the best part..find yourself a carbie blackbird CDI plug it in and this removes ALL the limits on the engine ! I'm still looking for one.. anyone here have one????
    they are a beast weighing 265kg dry and the tank is a bit small as you will want to hammer it of the line at the lights but like a big old comfy arm chair thats not at all tiring to ride for hours... not its not a sports bike and not designed to be but has good suspension good brakes and if you have the balls handles pretty well but its the torque in a straight line that will get you.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    265kg dry! She's a heavy girl!

Bike
    It was on the good
    I imagine they have gone up in value in the ten years since the OP. There's probably only the one of these bikes in NZ and this thread comes up when the new owner Googles it.

Thread Information