Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AMCC ART Day 18 April - Possibly last before winter.

Bike
    Gixxer k7 track bike, SuperDuke Custom
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopperus View Post
    Question, would group 1 be suitable for a 250cc rider on his restricted license? I'd really like to get along for this.
    The track is a great place to learn and practice skills but you have to remember that you are learning and practicing Advanced Skills.

If you are a competent road rider that is able to maintain open road speeds and have the confidence and skills for your basic handling, then Group 1 is a good place to start to advance those skills safely and with instruction.

The size of the bike in group 1 is not as important as your being ready for the higher speeds and demands of the track. We have had larger scooters come out and do very very well and learn a lot along the way.

Conversely we have had much larger bikes be a liability to themselves and others. The same can be said for new riders and riders with more years experience.

Not knowing your riding level or ability, and as these things should always be, you need to make a personal and honest assessment for yourself.

If you have a mentor or more experienced rider you ride with, ask them to give you an honest assessment.

If you find that you are ready we will certainly be ready to help you out and move you along the skill curve

If you decide you need a little longer and don't have a mentor, get one.. there are plenty on here that are willing to help you be safe and have fun and we will be back next summer!!!

One more thing. Make sure you have all the right gear for the track. See the entry form for details
    Everyone has an opinion.. mine can be found here Riding Articles

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Confirmations go out one week prior to the event or when your group is full, group 2 your confirmations will be going out this week.

You can of course contact Colleen and ask 'if your in any doubt'.

Full licenses are prefered at this stage although we will b re-evaluting this for next season. Again contact Colleen fo clarification.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    OMGosh Ohh my gosh ohh my gosh --Like WOW . Looks like my bikes gonna be ready in time and I have staff to cover me that day.
    I do wonder if they have a class especially for the really really slow riders.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Gixxer k7 track bike, SuperDuke Custom
    Blog Entries
    Go on then Frosty.. what ya gonna be bringing along.... What are you building up?
    Everyone has an opinion.. mine can be found here Riding Articles

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Its black its fast enough and its a suzuki. :-)
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    Hornet 599
    Blog Entries
    When's the next one after this roughly?

Bike
    XV 535
    Blog Entries
    How do I use my voucher to pay?
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    you dont get 180+ hp out of 998cc by being nice to trees.

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno. View Post
    When's the next one after this roughly?
    Yet to be confirmed but likley to be November ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiflyer View Post
    How do I use my voucher to pay?
    When you send in your booking include the voucher.

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    The requirement for 2-piece gear to zip together, does that mean a full waist zip or can it just be the little 8" ones at the back?

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jono035 View Post
    The requirement for 2-piece gear to zip together, does that mean a full waist zip or can it just be the little 8" ones at the back?
    It says 8" is fine. The important bit is if you slide on your back down the track it wont seperate, resulting in your loosing skin of your back - and then your backbone.

However it's pretty cheap to get a full size zip fitted. Check out:
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/Motorcycle_Safety_Wear

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    It says 8" is fine. The important bit is if you slide on your back down the track it wont seperate, resulting in your loosing skin of your back - and then your backbone.
    Thanks for the info but I don't see anywhere that it says the 8" ones are ok.

From the Entry Form:
    "22. Riding Gear: Two piece suits must zip together. Back protectors are highly recommended for all participants."

From the Briefing Document:
    "Leathers or Cordura style riding gear with body armour (jeans or exposed skin are not allowed). Two
    piece suits MUST zip together"

Edit: Not disagreeing, just saying that I can't find the "It says" bit, I was careful to check before I asked...

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Quote Originally Posted by jono035 View Post
    The preferance is for fully zipped together but the small zip usually at the back as you describe is the minimum requirement.
    If any body does not have zip together gear see Kerrie Petersen of Motorcycle Safety Wear will fit zips to your gear for a very reasonable price, contact 309 9522

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Yahoooeoooo-- It just gets better n better. My bike WILL be ready -Just in time to do a Taupo day thanks to the generousity of a supplier. Then home and this one on the 18th. Then if I actually pull finger First race meeting in almost 3 years the wekend after . Im just pumped.
    YEEEHAAA back on the track on a fast suzuki the only thing slowin it down is the ol fart on top.
    Life IS good. :-)

Bike
    Hornet 599
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
    Confirmations go out one week prior to the event or when your group is full, group 2 your confirmations will be going out this week.

You can of course contact Colleen and ask 'if your in any doubt'.

Full licenses are prefered at this stage although we will b re-evaluting this for next season. Again contact Colleen fo clarification.
    Do you mean required or prefered. I have required gear (gloves, boots, one piece) and an NC30 but can't get my full till July but would love to do this before and after winter. Not a new or slow rider but obviously start in group 1.

Bike
    GSA & WR
    I mean prefered. We are gong to look at opening the training up to those on L or restricted for next season. All good for you Jonno, see you on the 18th.

Thread Information