Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: AMCC ART Day 18 April - Possibly last before winter.

Bike
    GSX1400 K7
    Arse, Arse, F*** and bollocks!! Enrolled for group 3 on the 18th. Bike due its WOF back end of last week. Took it to Cycletreads and found a steering stop missing off the lower triple clamp (I knew it had had a spill at some point in its life but this have never been picked up on). Fail :-(. Rang around all the NZ places and nothing so had to order one from Oz. Fingers crossed it arrives intime otherwise there is gonna be a group 3 space going begging!!

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiey View Post
    Arse, Arse, F*** and bollocks!! Enrolled for group 3 on the 18th. Bike due its WOF back end of last week. Took it to Cycletreads and found a steering stop missing off the lower triple clamp (I knew it had had a spill at some point in its life but this have never been picked up on). Fail :-(. Rang around all the NZ places and nothing so had to order one from Oz. Fingers crossed it arrives intime otherwise there is gonna be a group 3 space going begging!!
    That is a shitter. Had a parts issue late last year as well that prevented me entering ... however I still came along as a volunteer to help out ...

Bike
    GSX1400 K7
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    That is a shitter. Had a parts issue late last year as well that prevented me entering ... however I still came along as a volunteer to help out ...
    May have to be a spectator and / or do some flagging. Fingers crossed for some miracle this week tho!!!

Bike
    F-18,Ginny and #66
    Blog Entries
    Looking Forward to seeing All of yous again trackside fellas. Should be a fun fun day
    Don't Ride Faster Than Your Guardian Angel Can Fly !!!

Hey Alan, Alan, Alan....

Bike
    1997 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiey View Post
    May have to be a spectator and / or do some flagging. Fingers crossed for some miracle this week tho!!!
    FFS take the bike to a second place for WOF and hope they miss it...
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history
    Calvin and Hobbes: The surest sign of intelligent life out there is that it has not tried to contact us.
    Its easier to apologise than ask for permission.
    Wise words:
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    It could be that I have one years experience repeated 33 times!

Bike
    And NEVER take your bike to cycle treads with a looming deadline - they are WAAAY too careful and fail you on minor tiny stuff. Like shaky miorrors. Nice if you want a thorough inspection done, but not so nice if you cannot ride to the ART day.
    Calvin and Hobbes: The surest sign of intelligent life out there is that it has not tried to contact us.
    Wise words:

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Im more excited than a school boy in a hooters bar. KG has created a special group 1/2 (thats 50% of group 1) for me so I can go out at my super slow pace.
    I just realised the last time I was goin round Pukie was the 2007 TT. I "think" I remember what direction the track goes.
    Ill be out there on bike number 20.
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Quote Originally Posted by FROSTY View Post
    Im more excited than a school boy in a hooters bar. KG has created a special group 1/2 (thats 50% of group 1) for me so I can go out at my super slow pace.
    I just realised the last time I was goin round Pukie was the 2007 TT. I "think" I remember what direction the track goes.
    Ill be out there on bike number 20.
    Its called 'the track walk' mate You just take it easy out there.

Bike
    Honda PC800
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Graham View Post
    Its called 'the track walk' mate You just take it easy out there.
    so um how does it go--start finish straight -turn left then around the sweeper then onto castrol then--Ohh wait that was the REALLY old track -would be good for the tard riders though
    To see a life newly created.To watch it grow and prosper. Isn't that the greatest gift a human being can be given?

Bike
    NONE!!! :(
    Really looking forward to this one... Just hope the weather holds , this will be my third ART this season, and so far, I've missed the sunny ones !!

At least the Mrs is highly unlikely to drop another sprog to stop me coming to this one

Now I just need to find some time to give my bike some loving before the day, a good clean, a chain clean / re wax etc etc.

Bike
    BMW R1200s
    Quote Originally Posted by R Sole View Post
    Thanks I 'd really appreciate it - are you going to the ART day?
    Not this one - send me a PM if you want to grab it.

So long as it comes back

Bike
    2009 Sukuki Bandit 1250SA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by p.dath View Post
    As a matter of interest, the HMCC just contacted me to say my application has been declined because I ride a Honda CBR - and sports bikes aren't allowed to come to the training. He said (Steve Parker) I was about the 7th person that had been declined on these grounds.
    LOL they accepted me

what time does this day wind down? I am coming to help but have plans afterwards
    --------------------------------------
    Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both directions anyway

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Quote Originally Posted by yachtie10 View Post
    LOL they accepted me

what time does this day wind down? I am coming to help but have plans afterwards
    We can run to 5pm. If you need to leave earlier thats cool also and we will be very gratefull for any help you can give us.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxCannon View Post
    Not this one - send me a PM if you want to grab it.

So long as it comes back
    Of course it would. UPDATE: I have managed to source a back protector from a mate at work, so I am "sweet as" now (picking up Kiwi lingo)- but thanks for the offer anyway.
    Wise words:

Bike
    GSA & WR
    Looking forward to a great weekend.

All groups are now full and reserve lists are running. If you still are hoping to get in contact Colleen in the first instance and you will get an 'up to the minute' state of play re any cancelations.
    If you still want to come we can find you something to do, Angela is always looking fo new blood to learn the art of marshalling.

See you all on Sunday.
    KG

Thread Information