Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northcross - Driver Testing Centre

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    Well they take you down a few side screens, do a uturn etc.
    But yeah pretty much in your sleep.

Bike
    Ninja 250r, CBR6RR
    remember to clarify this:

Oh yeah, they take you on the motorway where you have to ride at 100km, even though you are only meant to do 70km on a learners. They didn't tell me I had to do 100km and this was marked against me. Clarify this first.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by JK12 View Post
    remember to clarify this:
    Yes yes yes! I was told off for going 70km on the motorway on my restricted test.
    Also know what your speedo reads - mine read slow/fast can't remember. When I asked on the full test the tester said go fast you can speed but not crazy fast - just don't go too slow - he said show me you can ride so I went hard on the old GN250 at 100ish kms and passed.
    Just clarify things before you start.

Bike
    Ninja 250r, CBR6RR
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Yes yes yes! I was told off for going 70km on the motorway on my restricted test.
    Also know what your speedo reads - mine read slow/fast can't remember. When I asked on the full test the tester said go fast you can speed but not crazy fast - just don't go too slow - he said show me you can ride so I went hard on the old GN250 at 100ish kms and passed.
    Just clarify things before you start.
    In my case, the tester @ Northcross told me I can go at any speed on the motorway but he wants me to do 80 max.

Radio+earpiece provided. I recommend wearing a jacket for the test so that u can put the walkie talkie set in it.

what I went through:

pull over x1
    give way intersection x5
    stop intersection x3
    u-turn at cul-de-sac x4
    roundabout x3
    traffic light x2

remember to signal left for at least 2-3 secs b4 pulling over. both feet on ground. then when he give the move ahead command, signal right, turn over yr shoulder then go when it's clear.

as for making a u-turn @ cul-de-sac. I wasn't so sure about the correct way. what i did was, signal left, move bike to far left of road, signal right, turn head over shoulder and full turn. never even put my foot/feet on road or stop.

20 mins around the block, 2 mins on motorway (oteha - greville)

to first timers @ northcross: park ur bike down there and walk up to the 1st floor. dont just walk down there on ur bike. gud luck

Bike
    1989 Yamaha SR250

Smile

been there yesterday.

Unfortunately failed the test 'cos I did not put both legs onto the ground at stop sign and waited just a second, that was all clear. Bugger. Another $60 and I have to wait 2 weeks to resit the test, they're fully booked.

Commuting 50kms a day on learner (Shore-Mt.Wellington)

But there are many things on the good side: besides the rumors the earpieces/radios are okay, the instructor guy was quite normal (I've done the car licence there with an idiot instructor who was shouting w/ me) and I arrived 30 mins before the test and waited 3 mins to start.

Wish me good weather for 6th of April

Bike
    Kate
    Quote Originally Posted by pappito View Post
    been there yesterday.

Unfortunately failed the test 'cos I did not put both legs onto the ground at stop sign and waited just a second, that was all clear. Bugger.
    WTF. You stopped and checked the way was clear, thats all you have to do. Did he say it was recommended practice or something that you had to put both feet down?

Keep your chin up and all the best next time.

Bike
    1989 Yamaha SR250
    Quote Originally Posted by oneofsix View Post
    WTF. You stopped and checked the way was clear, thats all you have to do. Did he say it was recommended practice or something that you had to put both feet down?

Keep your chin up and all the best next time.
    I have the feeling, I've spent too short time to check the traffic, maybe the instructor thought I was too fast ergo I did not check the traffic properly. Dunno. Later on he explained like when I reach the stop sign I have to full stop (it is ok I knew this) put both feet to ground, and AFTER the full stop I have to check the traffic, when I see all clear, I could go. My left leg was on the rear brake 'cos its happened at the top of a hill. That is true, I did not daydreamed at the corner, the stop was max 2 secs and I driven off. Maybe I wasn't careful enough.

Never mind, all we know the test and the real life are slightly different

cheers,

Bike
    Suzuki 2004
    God i wish they would sort this out.I did mine a month ago and asked before taking of and was told one foot on the ground and one covering the brake.I know the stop sign you mean and you have to make sure you stop for at least three seconds.I found the tester okay,but they need to all be the bloody same.Good luck next time.

Bike
    1989 Yamaha SR250
    thanks guys, the second attepmt was succesful!

Everything went well, I stopped everywhere at least 3 secs, done good 800 meters on the mwy and back to the station - all done.

Yesterday I've got my licence card by post and noticed it is now a proper plastic card (like my european licence or an eftpos card), not that miserable laminated cardboard it was. Big leap forward!

all in all - the L-plate been removed from the bike

Thread Information