Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who helped when I ran out of gas?

Bike
    pushbike 06 XB12X
    Blog Entries

Who helped when I ran out of gas?

Yesterday- Sunday- I ran out of gas on the DR 650, on the Ruawai straights, about 6 K from the gas station. So I started pushing the DR toward the gas station, hoping to door knock at the odd farm house on the way for some gas. On the same day in Paparoa- 15 K in the opposite direction, was the annual trail ride. usually gets a couple of hundred riders. So there was a stream of utes and trailers loaded with bikes and fuel tanks, travelling in the other direction. Not one stopped to see if they could help in any way. They all rubber necked and one even laughed. Luckily a friend of my girlfriend spotted me, put the mission she was on on hold and went and got me five litres of 96. Great lady. I'm really disappointed in those pathetic trail riders for not stopping. I would stop and help anyone on the side of the road who had an obvious problem and have many times in the past.
    If any of you who past me and didn't stop are reading this, fuck you.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't me, but we stopped for a Harley rider who'd run out of gas just out of Levin a few weeks ago, gave him the last two litres we had in our can so he could get to the gas station. So if it makes you feel any better not all of us are wankers, although we're bucket racers, so maybe we're just nicer people?

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jelmet View Post
    Sounds like you didn't hook up with her afterwards... Bummer.

6K is only an hours' pushing.

Steve
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    None - s'fucked
    Would have had I been there, but I wasn't. So I didn't.

Did stop for a dead Harley (with a NOS bottle strapped onto the side - yes please!!) on the City onramp to the North-Western a couple of weeks ago.
    And a young bloke with an overheating CBR250 a few months back at Te Atatu
    And another young bloke who ran out of gas on the Southern-Northwestern link.
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Jrandom, You are such a woman hating cunt, if you weren't such a misogynist bastard you might have a better luck with women!

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Shrug. Not much can be expected from people who cart their motorcycles on trailers. Real bikers ride. A true biker ALWAYS stops.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    Bikasaurus Rex,Tricerabike
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Shrug. Not much can be expected from people who cart their motorcycles on trailers. Real bikers ride. A true biker ALWAYS stops.
    You've got it in one.

I've even stopped for scary looking gang members,pushing their bikes

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jelmet View Post
    Yesterday- Sunday- I ran out of gas on the DR 650, on the Ruawai straights, about 6 K from the gas station. So I started pushing the DR toward the gas station, hoping to door knock at the odd farm house on the way for some gas. On the same day in Paparoa- 15 K in the opposite direction, was the annual trail ride. usually gets a couple of hundred riders. So there was a stream of utes and trailers loaded with bikes and fuel tanks, travelling in the other direction. Not one stopped to see if they could help in any way. They all rubber necked and one even laughed. Luckily a friend of my girlfriend spotted me, put the mission she was on on hold and went and got me five litres of 96. Great lady. I'm really disappointed in those pathetic trail riders for not stopping. I would stop and help anyone on the side of the road who had an obvious problem and have many times in the past.
    Well that'll teach you not to fuckin' run out of gas again, won't it??
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    2011 ER-6N
    I've only stopped to help SMC members that have broken down. Not because I wouldn't stop for anyone else they just happen to break down a lot.
    That reminds me, I'm well into my reserve tank.

Bike
    None at the moment
    Bummer.....the world is becoming a worse and worse place........I stop or at least slow down until I see a thumbs up...even stop for cagers on occasions....(tall brunette ladies and usually)

Bike
    Black Thunder
    Well, I feel for ya man! I remember breaking down once on my learner bike and only one fulla stopped to ask if I was ok! I'd have thought there'd be a lot more people willing to help out a lady on the side of the road who was obviously broken down, but no....

.... and to the munter who laughed, may it come back to him! Clown!
    A dream without a plan is just a wish!

Make it happen....

....DREAM+PLAN+ACTION=GOAL/TARGET

Bike
    a red heap
    i waved but you didnt wave back, so i thought "fuck you, keep pushing"

Bike
    2012 Kymco Dink 180cc
    Will this turn into a waving thread?

Bike
    2000 kawasaki zzr1100, 88 1500 goldwing
    remember years ago running out of fuel in the middle of the kaimais (not sure if spelling correct) was pushing my bike and cars just kept going past,it was another bike tha came to the rescue, I had my pack strapped down with tiedowns so we un hooked pack and he used it to tow me to nearest gas station,wouldn't even let me put some gas in his bike for the effort,that was close to 30 yr ago and never forgot that, good on ya mate.

Bike
    vtr
    are you hot? i would have stopped if you were hot.

if you're mud or have a beard, i wouldn't have stopped, fuck you too.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Well, he's pushed his bike 6km in the sun. Of course he's going to be hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Thread Information