Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Aftermath

Bike
    All sorts
    Got the cheque from AMI today and put it straight into the bank. So that's the end of the story. From buying a brand new R1 in October 04 to getting the final cheque for binning it in June '05. It has been an interesting experience, a great bike, some great rides, a good summer all round ended by a crash and final pay out. All in all I'm a happy camper. That being said if I added up all the money and depreciation I have sure had to pay for it, but in retrospect I think it was worth it.

Ride on!

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by swanman
    Got the cheque from AMI today and put it straight into the bank. So that's the end of the story. From buying a brand new R1 in October 04 to getting the final cheque for binning it in June '05. It has been an interesting experience, a great bike, some great rides, a good summer all round ended by a crash and final pay out. All in all I'm a happy camper. That being said if I added up all the money and depreciation I have sure had to pay for it, but in retrospect I think it was worth it.

Ride on!
    Sounds like 'life' to me Swanny! Glad the insurance saga is done & dusted.

If/when you get another bike I'll see you on the road some time.

Zed

Bike
    2 x 07 GSXR1000, 99 TL1000
    Good to hear it all turned out good on all respects, injuries and financially. Do hope you get back into bikes mate!, can't let a spill turn you away from a great pass time and excellent way to meet other good bikers/people who share in the same interest.

Go on!, get back on that horse

Bike
    All sorts
    Just to say i haven't been put off bikes at all. If anything the opposite. Financially I have to start being a lot more sensible. It is my intention to start saving and working for a yacht to take me round the world in a coupla years and that it now my main financial focus.

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Just to say i haven't been put off bikes at all. If anything the opposite. Financially I have to start being a lot more sensible. It is my intention to start saving and working for a yacht to take me round the world in a coupla years and that it now my main financial focus.
    get a gn250... ou know you want to though after the r1 i don't think you'll be able to handel the awwwwwwosme power

I might be selling the cbr nearer the end of the year though... all nicely resprayed as well
    Lump lingered last in line for brains,
    And the ones she got were sort of rotten and insane...

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Good attitude - and good luck dude!
    MDU
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Thread Information