Thread: Attention Mr Motu.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250

Attention Mr Motu.

You may find this of interest.http://www.trademe.co.nz/Track.aspx?...ne%2findex.htmEdit,for some reason (yea something i did) ive got this link instead of the link to a 73 Rickman Mettise (spell) thats on trade me at the moment,not a runner but looks all there.Auction closes on the 26th March.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    That's cause you used the wrong URL.

Here tis:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-277316056.htm
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Ya beat me to it!
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes I really do wish I was a better mechanic. This is one of those times...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Sometimes I really do wish I was a better mechanic. This is one of those times...
    Any idea of its worth running pritch?

Yes,I've seen that one...probably worth the price,but it'd be better all there.He gives some bullshit about the airbox and sidecovers being missing,but the point is they are missing and need to be there.The guy questioning about the side covers might know more than me,but I don't think there were brackets for the sidecovers,they were held on by a centre bolt,they sealed the aircleaners.It has a Triumph conical rear wheel,I fitted one to my Rickman too.More bullshit about the frame repair too.Dunno what the famous footpeg is about.Mine was originally red,but someone painted it green...i always wanted to paint it red.

The frame number for mine was 649 I think.The frame number of my'73 Rickman Petite is 8673,so obviously quite a few made,but not as well known.It's green,I'll have to paint it red.

Bike
    Thought you would have seen it already but hey.The footpeg thing puzzled me enough to find out he supposedly designed footpegs to suit himself,apparently.

$14,500 for a non runner with bits missing - way too much.The seller was a total wanker.And I was wrong about the sidecovers...as mentioned by another watcher (and found out myself 5 mins after I posted),they attach by studs and those nuts screwed up with a 20 cent piece.

I paid $400 for my Rickman,and $500 for the Cheney,both without engines.I was trying to sell both with a trailer load of spares for $1,500 with no takers,and swapped for a nice '61 Norton.The Cheney would be worth a lot more than a Rickman.But back then 10 year old uncompetitive bikes were worth nothing,this was just a couple of years or less before classic racing started.

Bike
    70's Superbikes
    Price suprised me, not in this country fella.
    I see a lot of auctions of rare stuff going down the slippery slope to an anorak bitch-off
    Blast From The Past Axis of Oil

Thread Information