Thread: Rear sprocket

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki

Rear sprocket

Any body know where I can get a non standard rear sprocket.
    I just want to go to a thirty tooth rear to gear the old girl up a bit.I know they can be had from the states but they are proving to be less than reliable.Bastards got my money but where,s me parts,bastards.
    Anyway there must be someone making them here huh?

Dunno who does them - I just got Mt Eden to get me a blank and then got an engineer to drill the holes for me.(damn,bent the bloody thing on sunday).

Don't know why everyone wants to gear up an XS Jack,they aren't reving as much as you think - only 4 grand at 100km,that's just loafing.Can't gear up the XS1 cause it has a taller 1st gear.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Cheers,Thanks for that Motu.
    I,ll give em ,a bell,I want it for the Rustys gypsy tour next year,
    All them long south island roads an having to stay with some very fast bikes,,,Well I don,t have to,but you know,,,
    Tell me,how do you bend a sprocket.

Move it out of the vibration zone eh?

It's on my trials bike - make the sprocket too big and you can bend them on rocks...looks like I did.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Well I spent most of the morning ether on the phone with Mt Eden
    or in the shed with bike,Had an indepth yarn with them and found out bike is lower geared than standard anyway,Rear is 35 tooth when it should be 34 standard.This explains my 500rpm discrepancy over what other XS,s seem to be doing at 100km.
    So I buy a standard sprocket an she should be right.
    I flamin, knew something was going on.

Try to find a 33,a lot of XS guys go for that,just a little taller without going overgeared.
    Waging war with society

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Yep,I just got a call from Chris, at the Mt, and he can get a 33 for $55.00 so I should be happy with that.I don,t know why anyone would put a 35 on it but.Iv,e been hearing guys claim 100km at 4000rpm for a while now,I couldn,t remember what my B model was doing as it was in 1980 but I had a feeling it wasn,t 4500rpm
    at 100km.I,ve had the this bike doing 135km during passing on the highway an thought it was WAY to busy then.I went out this morning and sat on 4000rpm,the bike felt a lot happier than at 4500.It may not be much but it makes a difference.
    Now of course I,m getting the old,You can never leave anything alone,From the Mrs LOL

Thread Information