Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Short film done well

Bike
    Indian Scout

James Bond- A Time to die = lame

Well I am a big Bond fan. Eagerly watched every release since a wide eyed kid. Watched many over and over again and always enjoyed them. Skyfall was a standout for me. There's not been one Bond movie that I didn't like. Sure some have dated but they were made 50+ years ago. Roger Moore was my favourite. Brosnan was surprisingly better than I expected then Daniel Craig re-ignited the franchise with his personal touch and I pronounced him my favourite.

So last night I was as eager as that child again to see the latest, delayed 2 years by bloody covid. DON'T BOTHER! LAME is the best word to describe it. No standout stunts, long boring periods, silly villian and even worse mad scientist who's character was a joke, should have been in some cheap comedy. From the start to the end was a boring period. Really disappointed in what they've done to the Bond legacy.

If they try and relaunch watch out the next Bond will be a woke lesbian of some minor ethnic group and drive an EV
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Yep already seen multiple warnings not to watch it. Apparently there is already man hating feminist woke stuff in this one, perhaps you missed them while dozing during the “good” parts lol

Classic case of a virus infecting it’s host and self consuming... of people vote with their wallets it will help end this rubbish

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Wheelman (Netflix)

One night, a North American city which might be Boston, and one man trying to stay ahead of an illegal job gone wrong. There's a lot of driving, a lot of voices on the phone, and a lot of high grade trouble to deal with.

It's like a rather more populated Locke, or The Guilty but out on the streets. Sometimes people get in or out of the car, sometimes there are several people in a scene, but most of it is one character in camera. Occasional and fairly gritty violence underscores what's being said over the hands-free setup.

It's a small but tight movie, knows its own limits, and achieves everything it sets out to do. I liked it. 8 / 10 general rating, 10 / 10 for the someone-on-a-phone genre.

Bike
    2000 Ducati ST2
    Below Zero (Netflix)

A corrections guard doing an ordinary shift, a not too friendly partner, and a transfer of six prisoners on an armoured prison bus, on a freezing night through the countryside. They have to pass through an isolated forest. There's a radio dead spot. One of the prisoners is a hard-core Albanian gangster with a brother still on the outside...

It could have been awesome but some very bad choices are made along the way. The plot goes sideways into fizzle territory, the villain is badly miscast, and the implausibilities start adding up. A shame. If there's a remake then it might actually be worth seeing (particularly if they keep the basic setup but change the plot) but generally this is one of those missed chances that's best avoided. 4 / 10, only bother if you want to see a movie go wrong.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    Yep already seen multiple warnings not to watch it. Apparently there is already man hating feminist woke stuff in this one, perhaps you missed them while dozing during the “good” parts lol

Classic case of a virus infecting it’s host and self consuming... of people vote with their wallets it will help end this rubbish
    Yeah I find today's media are busy telling us that to be born a male heterosexual is a crime and we should be ashamed of ourselves. Look at the two Trademe adds on lately. The dumb cultureless useless white bloke vs the smart charming woman seeking a job in an art gallery. Every scene promotes the bloke as an idiot and not worth employing over a woman . Same with their 'house for sale' add. The intelligent woman knows all the facts vs the dumb white bloke who is made to look stupid in every scene he's in and he says 'oh it's made of that wood stuff' If those roles were reversed and the add re-screened there would be an outpouring of sexist hate towards males for stereotyping woman poorly.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Yeah I find today's media are busy telling us that to be born a male heterosexual is a crime and we should be ashamed of ourselves. Look at the two Trademe adds on lately. The dumb cultureless useless white bloke vs the smart charming woman seeking a job in an art gallery. Every scene promotes the bloke as an idiot and not worth employing over a woman . Same with their 'house for sale' add. The intelligent woman knows all the facts vs the dumb white bloke who is made to look stupid in every scene he's in and he says 'oh it's made of that wood stuff' If those roles were reversed and the add re-screened there would be an outpouring of sexist hate towards males for stereotyping woman poorly.
    OK Boomer.

Fucking hell, you need to chill brah.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by OddDuck View Post
    Just went and saw Ford vs Ferrari. Yeah it's a car movie but it's actually pretty well done. Very diverting, if you liked the McLaren biopic then this'd be your cuppa tea.
    I watched this a few nights ago, the race scenes were pretty shit, you don't just change gears and put your foot down and rocket past someone in real life
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    The Lighthouse.
    If you're a depressed shit eating repressed homosexual alcoholic, then this may be the movie for you.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    The Lighthouse.
    If you're a depressed shit eating repressed homosexual alcoholic, then this may be the movie for you.
    ..................go on? I am intrigued.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    There are reports the next superman will be bi. So between boning Lois and giving the bloke next door his man o steel - how is the poor guy going to have time to save the world?

Bike
    Not a Hayabusa anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    There are reports the next superman will be bi. So between boning Lois and giving the bloke next door his man o steel - how is the poor guy going to have time to save the world?
    Not quite - it's the Son of Superman (Jon Kent) that is Bi, and it's not will be - it is under the Son of Kal-el Comic.
    Physics; Thou art a cruel, heartless Bitch-of-a-Mistress

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMax View Post
    I also like Bond movies, but haven't watched No Time To Die yet. Was going to do this tomorrow. Now I have doubts.
    I've fallen asleep twice trying to watch it at home
    And I LIKE bond movies.

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Don't Look Up! 9.5/10. Loses the half for being a little slow at times, but it kind of has to be that way to make so many subtle points. Bloody well done with layers upon layers upon layers that I Am gonna have to watch it again.

lol@the very excellent scene that sees the businessman react when called out for his decisions being business related. Nailed that puppy! Projection 101 (very well done and missed, totally missed, by the vast majority), including the conclusion: mice in tin foil pretending that they're knights in shining armour.

Goodun.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Thread Information