Page 5 of 165 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Review Thread

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by specter View Post
    i quite liked no country for old men... 7/10
    Totally, really like that movie. It reminds me of how much I enjoyed Gran Torino.

Bike
    Corona GSXR
    Quote Originally Posted by Trudes View Post
    Totally, really like that movie. It reminds me of how much I enjoyed Gran Torino.
    ah yes gran torino, another good movie.....
    I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Bike
    Buell XB12X Ulysses
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntwar View Post
    Kick Ass: 9/10. This movie really does kick ass. Had no idea what it was and would not have gone to see it if i had known nicolas cage was in it (worst actor ever) but not even he could ruin this movie!
    Dude, the way Nick Cage delivered his Adam West-like lines when in costume had be rolling in the aisles. Piss funny.
    "Atomic batteries to power...turbines to speed..."
    - Page 14 of the Buell Owners Manual

Bike
    Now bikeless :-(
    im sick of all the cheap crap arse movies out today..... can any one recommend a good movie which actually requires me to think, unlike 99.999999999999% of American programs, and more than likely have to watch it more than once to fully understand!

Try understanding "The Time Travellers Wife" after a single viewing. That'll have your WTF mode working overtime

Bike
    750 auw
    Want to think: Rent Blue Velvet (David Lynch). Best effort by Dennis Hopper. 7.8/10 on IMDB.

Bike
    1990 Honda VFR400/1979 Suzuki RM125
    Quote Originally Posted by Headbanger View Post
    Moon.

Best movie I have seen in quite awhile.
    I have seen that, it was fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by sil3ntwar View Post
    Kick Ass: 9/10. This movie really does kick ass. Had no idea what it was and would not have gone to see it if i had known nicolas cage was in it (worst actor ever) but not even he could ruin this movie!
    I hate Nicholas Cage too, so it was worth it??

Just another love story: its Danish I think and in no way some sappy love story!! I hate romantic movies, best movie I have seen in ages http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1024942/

Martyrs: french and pretty twisted but an interesting story http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029234/

Thirst: Korean take on the whole vampire craze http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0762073/

Let the right one in: Swedish. Adolescent vampire girl, again a lot better than the regular vampire craze at the moment http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1139797/

Time crimes: Spanish. Dont want to give it away too much but very cool http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480669/

I quite liked wild at heart but David Lynch, normally hate Nicholas Cage but Ill admit he has done some stuff that is pretty good. Best scene at the end...'what do you faggots want?'
    Blue velvet is on the list!

Bike
    1990 Honda VFR400/1979 Suzuki RM125
    Quote Originally Posted by Naki Rat View Post
    Try understanding "The Time Travellers Wife" after a single viewing. That'll have your WTF mode working overtime
    Book is way better....though I thought they did ok with the casting and not too bad a job for book to movie translation

Bike
    Gerbil DNA 180
    I was not impressed by Avatar 3D. 5/10
    Alice in Wonderland was so disastrously bad it will probably become a cult movie.
    How to train your dragon 8/10 - Vikings + dragons are unbeatable, however it is not much different from Sky High (another excellent movie BTW).
    Slightly older ones:
    Gran Torino - 10/10
    The Visitor -10/10
    The visit of the orchestra - 10/10
    Pretty sure the ones mentioned below are available on youtube, but if not, they are on bittorrent.
    If you want to see a true cinematographic eyecandy, download a short cartoon called contact or kontakt from bittorrent. Credits are in russian but you can safely ignore them. 11/10.
    If you want some giggles, download a short animation called latex (NWS). Probably not suitable for little kids, but funny as hell. Unrated.
    For a really trippy classic cartoon, get "the mystery of the third planet". I do not thing there is a professional translation, but subtitles are decent. This movie cannot be described - it has to be seen 11/10.
    "People are stupid ... almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true ... they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so all are easier to fool." -- Wizard's First Rule

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    Boy,
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    I hate Nicholas Cage too, so it was worth it??
    Sadly he does a bloody good job in this movie.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Naki Rat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rachprice View Post
    Book is way better....though I thought they did ok with the casting and not too bad a job for book to movie translation
    quote.
    the movie is a third of the book, and you loose a lot of stuff, so it becomes boring and senseless...
    didn't like the movie at all...

Bike
    S1000RR
    Law Abiding Citizen - Cool film, I enjoyed it very much last night. Similar to "Se7en" but not as grand. 8/10.

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Bike
    2004 R1200GS
    Kick Ass was stupidly awesome. Faultless! 10/10
    Him mit der R1200 Bayerische Motoren Werke Gelende Strasse

Bike
    Street Triple R
    im sick of all the cheap crap arse movies out today..... can any one recommend a good movie which actually requires me to think, unlike 99.999999999999% of American programs, and more than likely have to watch it more than once to fully understand!

Memento

The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. Bring your Swedish-English dictionary
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Usarka View Post
    Want to think: Rent Blue Velvet (David Lynch). Best effort by Dennis Hopper. 7.8/10 on IMDB.
    I quite like Lynch and I hated this film. It was supposed to be polarising no doubt. Hopper is loathsome in it.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Thread Information