Page 152 of 165 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2471

Thread: The Movie Review Thread

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by mashman View Post
    Thor Ragnarok. 9/10. Cartoony in enough places. Plenty light-hearted chitty chat and boomy bangy action. Bit of dodgy acting from some of the characters and I don't know what was going on in the head of the guy who selected some of the music, but yeah, 9/10. Will go see Blade Runner in a couple of days.
    Certainly the funniest of the marvel franchise so far. There's always time for some Led. Led Zeppelin goes with any movie, from Love Story to Hostel. A bit too light hearted in places though. Jeff Goldblum's character was childish rubbish. Other than that I really liked it.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    She resents being called a bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Certainly the funniest of the marvel franchise so far. There's always time for some Led. Led Zeppelin goes with any movie, from Love Story to Hostel. A bit too light hearted in places though. Jeff Goldblum's character was childish rubbish. Other than that I really liked it.
    Aye... true on the Zeppelin. I kind of understood Goldblum's character given his age. But think there was a little bit of adlibing going on that sometimes didn't work. Could be wrong like. A mate had the kids for a couple of nights over the weekend and I demanded that he take my eldest daughter, and himself, to see it. They loved it.
    I didn't think!!! I experimented!!!

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Jeff Goldblum's character was childish rubbish. Other than that I really liked it.
    Goldblum's character is Del Toro's 'The Collector' characters brother from the Guardians series. Not sure what significance this has. I loved Ragnarok. Probably go see it again.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post

blood diamond

hahahahahahah. dicaprio fairly well manages to pull off "yarpie". pretty fucken good, for dicaprio.
    also has *hawt* jenifer connelly. and some blacks.

sneakily portrays the plight of africa, child soldiers et al, but kinda washes over the seriousness with jewllywood bullshit. (guess who profits from both the diamond trade and you buying movies (hint, it starts with j and rhymes with "jews"))

and gets a bit BS. like an african kid can't walk two hours without getting puffed, or a soldier who does get puffed on a slow hike, and stumbles going up a hill... more than a few contrived scenes.
    and a black dude, not only comfortable in a suit, but buttoning it like a white? puh-lease.

and fair warning, it's 2 and a bit hours long.

7.5/10 it should have quit while it was ahead.
    Plot line that usually gets missed, Leo has the aids. The hooker says shes clean early on. "Yeah, heard that before".

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    room

blood diamond

7.5/10 it should have quit while it was ahead.
    Was reading a book by a young recently qualified Brit army officer who took his girlfriend to see Blood Diamond. When it came to the scene where DiCaprio is dodging RPGs he told his girl that it was complete rubbish of course. A few weeks later he found himself doing exactly that in Afghanistan.

Must see the movie sometime.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Plot line that usually gets missed, Leo has the aids. The hooker says shes clean early on. "Yeah, heard that before".
    could be inferred. wether or not it's relevant.
    the whole thing was so whiteashkenazi-washed it wouldnt matter.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Was reading a book by a young recently qualified Brit army officer who took his girlfriend to see Blood Diamond. When it came to the scene where DiCaprio is dodging RPGs he told his girl that it was complete rubbish of course. A few weeks later he found himself doing exactly that in Afghanistan.

Must see the movie sometime.
    yeah. i know which side of an RPG i'd rather be on, that's for sure.but it
    doesn't matter anymore. drone strikes will fuck up your morning.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    can someone more technically inclined than me find the TV3 lady's review on the superhero movie tonight?

it ended up being described as "flacid and less stimulating than a slow drive through huntly" - brilliant

i would totally let her have penis.

Bike
    Honda Foreman, now
    Here you go mate.

Perhaps she'd take it, one way or another.

Bike
    1969 Honda S90
    Kate has to be the most honest and funny film reviewer ever-even better than Ax,and prettier.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Kate has to be the most honest and funny film reviewer ever-even better than Ax,and prettier.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Logan Lucky - 7/10

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Jim and Andy: The Great Beyond

Behind the scenes footage of Jim Carrey embodying the late Andy Kaufman (to a borderline insane degree) when he played him in Man on the Moon.

This is a mind fuck. It shows how truly incredible Jim is. He never let's up.

9/10

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    She has been doing the job for years - and it shows. That review was cutting and funny.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    S1000RR
    I'm gonna say it. I didn't like the latest Star Wars: Last Jedi. There were bits of cool scenes but tried too hard to make it over-dramatic. Felt like story-line derailed by a light year.

There were some bullshit moments too. I don't understand. I really want to say it but I'll spoil it so..

4.5/10

If you can make it on Kiwibiker you can make it anywhere.

Thread Information