Thread: running rich?

Bike
    98 suzuki rg 150

running rich?

Ive noticed that my plug on my rg150 carbons up too frequently..like once a month!
    The old man says theres a setting to adjust the amount of oil being used, but doesnt know exactly how to do it. Anyone know how?
    I think it also might be to do with the quality of oil im using, i use some stuff from auto one ( my dad gets it wholesale price there). it says its low ash.. but it could just be saying that.. im reluctant to buy the castrol tt oil at $70 for 4 litres.. but if i havre to i will

Bike
    GSX-R600K3
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 schmoke
    Ive noticed that my plug on my rg150 carbons up too frequently..like once a month!
    The old man says theres a setting to adjust the amount of oil being used, but doesnt know exactly how to do it. Anyone know how?
    I think it also might be to do with the quality of oil im using, i use some stuff from auto one ( my dad gets it wholesale price there). it says its low ash.. but it could just be saying that.. im reluctant to buy the castrol tt oil at $70 for 4 litres.. but if i havre to i will
    Just wondering how you ride it?? Make sure you give it a good thrash ever now and then at least. (ie red line it lots) And see if that fixes your problem.
    Life is difficult because it is non-linear.

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by dhunt
    Just wondering how you ride it?? Make sure you give it a good thrash ever now and then at least. (ie red line it lots) And see if that fixes your problem.
    Yes, those strokers need to be caned. Don't need to exceed the speed limit (whatever it is for you) just take it to the red line in the indirects. I strongly suggest you do not meddle with the setting for oil delivery. Therein lie the dragons of seizure.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Bike
    98 suzuki rg 150
    oooh beleive me mate not riding her hard isnt the problem.. i make sure she gets a good thrash now and then.. well..pretty much all the time

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    Could well be the oil, $70 for 4 litres isn't too bad, the stuff I use is $35 for 1 litre. Apparantly the best stuff to use is either the shell advance or castrol fully synthetic.

I don't know if the RG's mix the oil and petrol together and it goes through the carb etc, or they have oil going straight into the bottom end. Be careful if you change the mixture cause you could do alot more damage than good. You could also check to see if the sparkplug you are using is the right one, could be too cold and not burning the oil etc off it effectively.

Bike
    RG
    Check your oill pump. Its ment to be checked/adjusted every 3000k i think. My Last oil pump on my old motor wasn't adjusted properly and i think that had somthing to do with the motor blowing up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oil pump2.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	10374  

Bike
    RG
    Could well be the oil, $70 for 4 litres isn't too bad, the stuff I use is $35 for 1 litre. Apparantly the best stuff to use is either the shell advance or castrol fully synthetic.
    i pay $30 for 4 litres of castrol mineral based 2stroke oil. Two mechanics have told me rg's dont need the fancy stuff-tell me if im wrong

I don't know if the RG's mix the oil and petrol together and it goes through the carb etc, or they have oil going straight into the bottom end. Be careful if you change the mixture cause you could do alot more damage than good. You could also check to see if the sparkplug you are using is the right one, could be too cold and not burning the oil etc off it effectively.
    THe oil just goes straight into the bottom end and barrel.

Bike
    06 r6, 690 ktm duke 3, rs125
    the better the oil , the better for your bike , run the best oil you can afford
    be carful if thrashin it from cold , the rgs have a habit of cold siezing , and is it getting up to temp , most rg owners I know thought the temp gage was broken till the either fitted a thermostat(they don't have one standard)
    or taped up half the radiator , remember they are from thailand were ist super hot

Thread Information