Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Methven - Buckets ruin another race meeting by dumping oil on the track!

Bike
    BSA A10

Methven - Buckets ruin another race meeting by dumping oil on the track!

A Bucket dumps a huge load of oil on the track yet again causing massive delays and no doubt causing several of the crashes in the proceeding races...... Questions....

#1 Who scrutineers these things? Whilst some are very good, clean competition machines, others(most?) would be laughed out of the pits in any other country. Filthy, poorly built and maintained bikes should not be on the track especially at a national championship event.

#2 Who cares about Buckets? Watch the stand empty when they are up next, seriously. It is a perfect time to get a hotdog or take a piss which is exactly what 75% of the people seem to do. With so many exciting classes that would actually interest people, raced by modern bikes wtf are they even doing there?

#3 Where is it going? Is there any potential for any of these riders to move onwards overseas to international success?

Anyway, I'm oviously pissed at another meeting ruined by bikes that only 1% of people at best even cared were there.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    cbr,streetstocker
    ha ha ha..........wow.... how creative...

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Phoenixes bucket was fitted witha sidecar engine , there cant be any other explanation !

Actually the bucket guys did the classic guys a service , after the alledged incident at least they had a line to follow.

Who would have thought 1 litre would go so far.

Cams club did a great job organising the meet 99% of the spectators came to see the buckets and wernt disapointed, good racing a bit of carnage and great SI weather
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    A sidecar dumps a huge load of oil on the track yet again causing massive delays and no doubt causing several of the crashes in the proceeding races...... Questions....

#1 Who scrutineers these things? Whilst some are very good, clean competition machines, others(most?) would be laughed out of the pits in any other country. Filthy, poorly built and maintained bikes should not be on the track especially at a national championship event..
    same people that scrutineer those good looking F4 bikes

#2 Who cares about sidecars Watch the stand empty when they are up next, seriously. It is a perfect time to get a hotdog or take a piss which is exactly what 75% of the people seem to do. With so many exciting classes that would actually interest people, raced by modern bikes wtf are they even doing there?
    A lot of the F4 bike riders

#3 Where is it going? Is there any potential for any of these riders to move onwards overseas to international success?
    who cares keep racing

Anyway, I'm oviously pissed at another meeting ruined by bikes that only 100% of people at best even cared were there.
    well so am I ( I missed seeing it all happen)
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    GN250!!!!
    As a spectator I enjoyed the day out. Yes some people get a bit pissy if they have to wait to watch races but this happens at all levels of racing, not just buckets! Recently I remember reading a thread where everyone was slating the side cars for ruin a race day. If you don't have the patience to wait then maybe you shouldn't be going racing, it is par for the course and has been for the last 36 years that I know of..both here and in the UK. I think that the bucket racers have the same right to race as anyone else, everyone has to start somewhere!!
    We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
    Running over the same old ground.
    What have you found? The same old fears.
    Wish you were here. QWQ

Bike
    Vespa 550
    i see a buckets vs sidecars grudge match on the cards. Most finishers wins (loser cleans up). hehehe.

Bike
    gp125 rg50 rs125hybrid
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lostinflyz View Post
    i see a buckets vs sidecars grudge match on the cards. Most finishers wins (loser cleans up). hehehe.
    there are far to many Buckets for the sidecars guys to have a chance

anyway I like sidecars. I have no problem with them at all or Kickaha for that matter. He has a point and so do I

it's not just the F4 bike (infact it rearly has anything to do with them)
    "Instructions are just the manufacturers opinion on how to install it" Tim Taylor of "Tool Time"
    “Saying what we think gives us a wider conversational range than saying what we know.” - Cullen Hightower

Bike
    cbr,streetstocker
    buckets rock, as bucketracer said, we have many top riders
    if it wasnt for buckets i wouldnt be in big bikes as i am now....

Bike
    2011 yz450f
    Kick Classic Thread hahahhaa
    Blindspott are back as Blacklist check them out
    www.blacklistmusicnz.co.nz

Bike
    ninja 250
    I want to know how the hell you managed to post this thread without pissing yourself? Oh wait, maybe you did ....

Bike
    > 1 < 10
    have just purchased a bucket and after riding it have to say i dont think i would want to run it on a full size track................looking forward to a go at Mt wgtn kart track tho
    ***** POLITICIANS *****
    People Of Little Integrity Thieving Innocent Citizens Incomes And Need Shooting

*******KASPA*******
    Knavery Artificial Spurious Pretentious Arseholes

Bike
    TZFXR150, R1150GS, DRZ400, Ninja300 prod
    It was a shit meeting untill we got the excitment of a oil slick to contend with......... Well done DC (1st) Glen(2nd) and Bren(3rd) Brens was a top effort getting third when he never finished a race.

Its harder to lose weight than gain horsepower.

Bike
    Black Ninja
    A Buckets dumps a huge load of oil on the track yet again causing massive delays and no doubt causing several of the crashes in the proceeding races...... Questions....

#1 Who scrutineers these things? Whilst some are very good, clean competition machines, others(most?) would be laughed out of the pits in any other country. Filthy, poorly built and maintained bikes should not be on the track especially at a national championship event.

#2 Who cares about Buckets? Watch the stand empty when they are up next, seriously. It is a perfect time to get a hotdog or take a piss which is exactly what 75% of the people seem to do. With so many exciting classes that would actually interest people, raced by modern bikes wtf are they even doing there?

Anyway, I'm oviously pissed at another meeting ruined by bikes that only 1% of people at best even cared were there.
    hahahahhaha, copy and paste....get over it ....it happens.
    How about you be grateful you were there! Some may had planned to be there and would loved to have basked in the delay!

Bike
    SW-125R(F4-TF125), ZXRD400, RD250LC
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha#81 View Post
    It was a shit meeting...
    Well, you should be here then.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    Well, you should be here then.
    Yeah I see you guys don't even need oil to crash
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Thread Information