Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: ATGATT. Why? It doesn't affect anyone else?

Bike
    77' CB750 Cafe Racer, 2009 Z750
    Wearing all the gear doesn´t make you safe
    Riding safely makes you safe.
    Riding safely with all the safety gear is even safer

What gets me are all the "fast" riders who think anyone not wearing all the gear are more likely to cause acc statistics to rise. Not wearing ATGATT will not increase the statistics, crashing will. Stop crashing ride sensibly or stop riding and get in a cage with enough electronics and safety gizmos to keep you alive. Meanwhile let the rest of us decide what to wear on a ride.
    I love the smell of twin V16's in the morning..

Bike
    Mine
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    The fact is that at some point in a chain of events sensibility has to be exercised.

See if you can figure out where that point falls in the following chain........

Motorcyclist has accident through riding like an idiot - Motorcycles should never have been invented - Mankind should never have been created.

I do understand that this question may overload that Libertarian brain of yours.
    First of all I am not a Libertarian. I believe in fairness for all, not my own interests and hang the rest of you.

As davereid has so elequently pointed out I do agree with you as to where the point of sensibility lies (I will admit I'm not doing a sterling job of explaining it but still some seem to get my point). What I'm trying to get across is that not everybody does and if we take the pious position of "I'm right and everybody else is wrong" then those that disagree with us will do likewise and we will fall in to an ever downward spiral towards total safety and complete boredem. Really, all I'm saying is "live and let live".
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-90)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending to much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Motorcycling is not inherently dangerous. It is, however, EXTREMELY unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence and stupidity!" - Anonymous

"Live to Ride, Ride to Live"

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Just had a lad pull up outside my shop on his bike (250 Hyo) - had a screaming demon muffler on it which caught my attention.

He was happily riding with helmet and no other protective gear at all - no boots, gloves or any form of jacket.

I had to bite my tongue to stop asking him where his gear was...

I bet he was cold 'cause it's freezing here just now...
    I see it all the time here in the States - and a lot of the time no helmet either.

Nobody gets too excited about it.

And I haven't exactly noticed the roads and streets littered with mangelled and gravel-rashed bikers.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    The Vixen - K8 GSXR600
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post

And I haven't exactly noticed the roads and streets littered with mangelled and gravel-rashed bikers.
    Course not - they're all dead is why...
    . “No pleasure is worth giving up for two more years in a rest home.” Kingsley Amis

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by slofox View Post
    Course not - they're all dead is why...
    Where??

Haven't seen too many ambos or hearses scurrying around.

Haven't seen to many penis-minutis riders or idiot drivers either.
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Thread Information