Bike
    miWhodeXD

Thumbs up Photos: Kaitoke Easter Buckets

Photos mostly taken by my big bro' Ray.

Sat 3rd April:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dty1/se...7623774307724/

Sun 4th April
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dty1/se...7623827434500/

This was my first time at Kaitoke. It is by far the best go-kart track I've seen in NZ. I even liked riding it in both directions in the end. The top Wellington riders are extremely fast and still took time to leave me plenty of room when overtaking - I was impressed (maybe that also has to do with the difference in speed ). I watched a couple of races near then end of day 2 - fast and exciting. Well done Skunk and the organisers - was a great event.

Damien

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Wicked pics so far! Thank Ray for us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien_Toman View Post
    The top Wellington riders are extremely fast and still took time to leave me plenty of room when overtaking - I was impressed (maybe that also has to do with the difference in speed ).
    May have something to do with a certain bitchy chick who occasionally has to ride with them someone has to remind them to mind their manners!
    Just kidding, they are generally very polite whilst being extremely fast..... and bloody good bastards with it.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Great photos. Can't wait to see more. Cheers

Bike
    depends
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dty1/45...7623827434500/ I thought was an interesting one. Almost looks like George has a pillion (till you notice he's also got 3 wheels)
    Trudes, have you ever set the bike up for you? (controls) - just looking at the pic of you and it looks like your bars could do with a rotation (to make them slightly higher) .

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yes I recognise that knee as my own, it's hard to pass there, mind you Fishe managed to pretty well.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2018 Ducati Monster 797
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchee View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dty1/45...7623827434500/ I thought was an interesting one. Almost looks like George has a pillion (till you notice he's also got 3 wheels)
    Trudes, have you ever set the bike up for you? (controls) - just looking at the pic of you and it looks like your bars could do with a rotation (to make them slightly higher) .
    On my to do list is to get some different clip ons and drop the height and position my foot pegs further back, however this is all waiting for my chamber to be fitted first so I don't have to do it twice.

Bike
    Aprilia RSV4
    Photos mostly taken by my big bro' Ray.

Sat 3rd April:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dty1/se...7623774307724/

Sun 4th April
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dty1/se...7623827434500/

Many more to be uploaded so pop back later.

This was my first time at Kaitoke. It is by far the best go-kart track I've seen in NZ. I even liked riding it in both directions in the end. The top Wellington riders are extremely fast and still took time to leave me plenty of room when overtaking - I was impressed (maybe that also has to do with the difference in speed ). I watched a couple of races near then end of day 2 - fast and exciting. Well done Skunk and the organisers - was a great event.

Damien
    Thanks mate over 2000 photo's and some really good one's too
    It's not what you ride but how you ride it!!

Bike
    miWhodeXD
    Thanks to all from Ray & me. Most photos now uploaded. I have a few wide-angle shots from the end of day 2 that I need to select a few from (when I was watching - without a long lens for taking photos of close-up action). Will upload some later.

Bike
    2001 FXR 150 Bucket
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to all from Ray & me. Most photos now uploaded. I have a few wide-angle shots from the end of day 2 that I need to select a few from (when I was watching - without a long lens for taking photos of close-up action). Will upload some later.
    Awesome Damien and Ray - I so want that 2.8 - man , your lens leaves my F4 for dead!!!

WWW.CMLRACING.NET.NZ - Comfleet Graphics Bucket Racer

Bike
    miWhodeXD
    Hi Ray. I only have the 200mm f2.8, the 300mm f4 and the 400mm f5.6 with the 1.4 and x2 converters. I would like the 400mm f2.8 but at $13k it is a bit much! The 200mm f2.8 has chromatic aberation issues. The old 300mm is slow to focus. The 400 f5.6 is great but a bit slow and does not isolate the background so well. All photo challenges . Oh, and the 5D MKII does not have the latest servo focussing technology, unfortunately. I might need to add a 7D to the collection!

Thread Information